Please Discuss Hamelin Errata HERE

Keltheos

Question

• Answers 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I see it very differently. That was a powerful ability that let Hamelin move and then charge any target with straight flips and an almost guaranteed 9 points of damage. This change takes care of that 5+8+2 threat while there is still much room for that action. For example Focused strike is not a better option against HtW models, even without HtW a draw will yield :-fate damage while Fate is Meaningless works just fine in case of ties. Also you can't Focus a Charge, right? I'm very glad about this part of the Errata.

Yep, all that's true - by "almost always" I meant basically against models without HtW. The Focus is generally better because you get the :+fate on the attack as well, and a lot of the time you'll be getting a :+fate damage result overall.

I generally wouldn't like to charge Hamelin that far away from the models that he's keeping alive and using for all his sacrifices anyway, but I've never had an issue with getting straight damage flips on a charge against anything that's not HtW. Basically, it makes Fate is Meaningless into a very narrow ability (it will also still be useful when casting spells in a Witchling's aura, for example, but that's not going to happen every game).

These errata are good for a Hamelin crew but totally screw my Kirai nix crew, wyrd clearly focused on the Hamelin crew for the errata, removing the ability to kill a rat totally screws Kirai. (see my experiment thread in rezzer forum) not happy at all. I wouldn't have bought, nix or rats or rami if I knew you were planning to screw over Hamelin's crew models not just him.

It has been hinted for a long time that a hamelin errata was coming and it was wishful thinking if you expected it only to affected Hamelin himself. Does it suck for you? yes, but god knows the game is better thanks to it and a lot of people will be a lot more happy being able to play with and against Hamelin more calmly that one guy that got boned with a combo he was trying out.

It has been hinted for a long time that a hamelin errata was coming and it was wishful thinking if you expected it only to affected Hamelin himself. Does it suck for you? yes, but god knows the game is better thanks to it and a lot of people will be a lot more happy being able to play with and against Hamelin more calmly that one guy that got boned with a combo he was trying out.

I'd go so far as to say that a Hamelin Errata was explicitly stated as coming and that it was also explicitly stated that the reason its been a while coming is that any errata of Hamelin would inevitably involve an errata of his crew (as Rats were clearly one of the biggest problems with the whole thing...)

Fair point.

Yeah, I wondered about this too. It's possible that it only refers to the types of hazardous terrain that would inflict (for example) 2/4/killed on damage, and then only if the "killed" result is flipped.

Hmm interesting

Keltheos? Ratty?

Can rats writhing mass while on one wound?

Can they walk through hazardous terrain?

Is it just the /killed flip that kills them?

And finally.

Because you only take damage from terrain in your own activation, this means rats can never be killed by Kaeris's Immolate marker.. Because as it is it doesn't wound when placed.

Last time this came up we flipped to see if immolate causes damage immediately or only once the model under it moves.

It turned out they didn't take the dmg straight away, and the all went on to kill Kaeris..

They're Just Rats seems to be misinterpreted. To me, it seems clear that the rat can die during its own activation...just not friendly models' activations. I may be wrong on this but the rule does not say it can't be killed in its own activation and even gives an example of it happening with terrain. Poison and other beginning of activation effects should also be added to the same effect.

They're Just Rats seems to be misinterpreted. To me, it seems clear that the rat can die during its own activation...just not friendly models' activations. I may be wrong on this but the rule does not say it can't be killed in its own activation and even gives an example of it happening with terrain. Poison and other beginning of activation effects should also be added to the same effect.

I asked about this and was told that you're always friendly to yourself. So even in its own activation it can't be reduced to 0 wounds. Super Hard to Kill is the best alternative to the two situations for rats. Either they can die and you get into the endless activations again by just tossing rats into damage effects and bringing new ones in with Voracious Rats, or every effect that kills them in a friendly turn removes them like dangerous terrain making them useless against everything with a defensive ability.

Edit-The dangerous terrain clause is to prevent a loop in your opponent's turn. Without it you get this.

1 Rats is in terrain, gets killed by enemy model

2 Place new Rat in Hazardous Terrain

3 Rat enters terrain causing damage flip

4 Rat dies from terrain

5 Return to step 2, and repeat until rat is not placed in terrain

Now its just Rat is in hazardous terrain, gets killed by enemy model, remove rat from play.

Edited by Boshea

Rats cannot be reduced to zero wounds on a friendly models activation.

They are friendly to themselves.

It is most definitely intended.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

No it does not. It says if it would be killed while within. Not killed while within during its own activation...

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

This is really not that hard.

It really works, trust me.

Get him on the table like others have had to and you will see.

Edited by Ausplosions

Yes. Many rats are still required.

I rarely have more than 3 stolen, but have more if required, the Wp test to avoid paralyze is golden.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Yes. Many rats are still required.

I rarely have more than 3 stolen, but have more if required, the Wp test to avoid paralyze is golden.

In fact, I think there's logic in building more rats in the hiring process as the summon/recursion is a bit mitigated now. Over the course of the game you might see the normal amount on the board (as before errata), but the Hamelin player may want to come packing several more to start. Especially since they're a bit longer in the tooth now that the RC can force them to lose Slow.

So one question with the new wording of Nihilism: With Nix, since it is an Aura that does not state it includes this model, does that mean if Nix is away from Hamelin he is Insignificant while making those models around him significant?

If the aura does not say it includes the model then it does not, and so nix will be insignificant if it is still on his card, same as hamelin if I remember correctly, and it was nor changed.

(Just on phone arm and so can not check errata easily atm)

So one question with the new wording of Nihilism: With Nix, since it is an Aura that does not state it includes this model, does that mean if Nix is away from Hamelin he is Insignificant while making those models around him significant?

It is not an aura. Every friendly model is affected within 6". A model is always friendly to itself and always within any distance to itself. So Nix is Significant. And also Hamelin btw.

Ahh Ok, I must have misread, as looking back I see it isn't an aura as you said.

Good, cause Nix and Hamelin would be silly if they had to be close to one another to be insignificant. The current system reminds me a little of Synapse creatures in a W40k Tyranid army (which I also happen to field) so should be easy to adapt into.

Just checking...

Is it intended that a rat (or any number of them) can kill a guild executioner now? I mean, his slow to die goes off, but it's impossible for him to kill a rat and regain his health, so he just dies? This didn't used to be the case with him and rats...

Yes, they can't be reduced to zero wounds in their own activation.