Please Discuss Hamelin Errata HERE

Keltheos

Question

• Answers 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am SO FREAKING EXCITED about this!

The change to Indiscriminate Void looks perfect! Totally the best change.

I like the change to Nihilism but I'll want to see it in play. I am not sure how this will affect things.

Bully to Ruffian is awesome.

I am pretty sure that change Fate is Meaningless to a (1) means it won't get used much. Honestly, I'd probably have preferred that it just be removed, but this works too.

I wish they'd made Pipes and Obedience have the same can't-make-you-suicide as Obey.

Changing the Haunting Melody trigger is a nice touch.

I like that The Stolen don't have Abandon, but Obedient Wretch still does. I suspect this means that The Stolen will start doing other things a little more now, but also getting summoned a little less often.

I love the change to Rat-Catcher. He still speeds up rats, just in a different way.

I like the changes to Malifaux Rat. Impetuous was so very powerful for a 2ss model. Rabies was a little much to keep track of. I like that they can still kill by swarming but now it's a defense and resist penalty, not just hashing through so many attacks. Get Them Off! is both thematically appropriate and helps adjust the power level. They're Just Rats seems like it fixes most of the worst abuses out there.

I wish they'd done something so they Summon in the same place rather than base contact, since that may still be a chore if an enemy does an attack.

I also wish they'd done something so that Avatar Rasputina doesn't make things weird for the Malifaux Rats.

All in all, these changes are amazing. Really well-done, and I'm really really looking forward to playing Hamelin with these rules. Woo!

Thank you Keltheos! This is the best End of the Mayan Calendar Day* ever!

WOOO! I will go purchase the Hamelin box with my next paycheck now!

*: I mean 13th b'ak'tun. But whatever.

Can someone summarise what Hamelin could do before and now can't etc. Please?

Before: You couldn't kill Hamelin or any of his models, and if you did they'd be stronger. Hamelins turns all took forever and all the opponents' models were Insignificant and unable to do anything by Turn Four. Bringing Hamelin to the table meant walking away with 8 VP and one fewer real-life friend.

Here's a thread I started that discusses a lot of the problems, and links to a lot of other threads: http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?34073-Proposed-Hamelin-Nerfs

Hamlin could have a stolen anywhere on the board, die, and then come back. Now that stolen has to be within 3" of him.

He was untargetable by Ht1 and insignificant models meaning gremlins couldn't do anything against him.

Rats were unduely powerful for a 2 stone model and had abuses were they could be continually killed to move up the board and attack infinitium. This has been fixed but the rats retain a lot of there strength.

The rat catchers have become more play friendly for both the players involved as now instead of killing off the rats, to activate again they now simply remove the rats slow.

Doing what was intended originally, that being making the rats better.

without becoming unplayable.

the stolen could sac themselves to permenately make a model insignifcant for the game. Also meaning it couldn't attack hammy.

Think I covered it all.

Before: Hamelin makes models insignificant, spells them so they they can only attack him, but insignificant models couldn't attack him.

Rats killed and re spawn infinitely, and continue to hit for 1dg till enemies were dead, at which point another rats would appear.

These changes stop recursive rats. And the ability to be un targetable.

Haven't really seen a lot of complaints about Nekima since her errata last year. Anybody know what changes have been called for her?

Topic for an entirely different thread.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Haven't really seen a lot of complaints about Nekima since her errata last year. Anybody know what changes have been called for her?

Topic for an entirely different thread.

Good one :)

As for Hamelin errata, it looks to be well done. So far i had avoided to even look at hamelin miniatures...now, mmm...rats. I like rats. Can't wait to read the comments of those who are veterans of the Plagued.

This also means no more "mosquito rats".?

No it doesn't and I am most disappointed about that. Larva is a Sacrifice not a Kill so it gets around this (though making Larva Non-Vermin would).

Also noticed that the Rat Catchers have picked up Affinity: Hamelin the Plagued which would be superfluous with Hamelin's Proxy so hoping that it is replacing it (and just an oversite in the hast to get this published). I really think this could make the Malifaux Rats viable for Som'er crews and produce some rather neat combinations (I am most excited about this possibility). Now to wait for confirmation or disappointment.

I wish they'd made Pipes and Obedience have the same can't-make-you-suicide as Obey.

This is about the only thing that may need to be re-addressed before finalization to V2 cards.

Edited by Omenbringer
realized that it doesn't stop skeeter larvas

Yes it does and I am so thankful for that. Now to see how these changes are going to interact with the Hog Boss (will Rats be a bit more viable an option).

Also noticed that the Rat Catchers have picked up Affinity: Hamelin the Plagued which would be superfluous with Hamelin's Proxy so hoping that it is replacing it (and just an oversite in the hast to get this published). I really think this could make the Malifaux Rats viable for Som'er crews and produce some rather neat combinations (I am most excited about this possibility). Now to wait for confirmation or disappointment.

This is about the only thing that may need to be re-addressed before finalization to V2 cards.

e Affinity is because the are not soulless, Ht1 or Insignificant.

Without it they can only be hired by The Plagued (Hamelin Proxy) but they couldn't be hired by him...