Your Favorite Sandwich

So there are many debates of what makes a delicious sandwich. Is it the succulent meat? The crunchy and vibrant vegetables? The mouth-watering sauces? Wyrd is definitely supportive when it comes to a tasty sandwich. So here's the question, what is your favorite sandwich guys? Here are the things that we wanna know:

• Type of bread
  • Type of filling (meat or fish or whatever that's delicious)
  • Vegetables involved
  • Sauces
  • And where it's from of course

Here's mine:
  • Grilled panini bread
  • Turkey BLT
  • Red onions and lettuce
  • Mayonnaise with Apply Butter
  • Pikes Fish Market in Seattle, Washington

And yes, we know about the best sandwich in America show, but we're not convinced it's legit.

Edited by Redd.Cohen

I have to confess I'm partial to a simple cheese and pickle sandwich. Nice mature cheddar and some decent pickle (Branstons preferably. The misses keeps buying the Tesco own brand stuff, too watery for my taste). Bread of choice would be a spelt loaf that Morrisons sells.

Nothing too fancy, but great on a cold day at work with a decent cup of tea.

This suddenly feels like the most British thing I've ever said.

Two of my favorite sandwhich combinations:

First: Roger's Grinder -- Shane's Deli, wheaton, Il

Corned beef, baby Swiss cheese, onion, green pepper, Italian dressing, Giordiniera, thousand island dressing on French bread.

Second is a club sandwhich. Ham, turkey, bacon, red onion, and french-dressing on a wheat sandwhich roll.

Darn, now I am hungry...

http://shanesdeli.com/menu

they have some interesting combinations to try.

Edited by TekDekay
menu link

Sandwiches are overpowered. Everybody eats them. C'mon Wyrd, cuddle sandwiches already or start giving some love to burritos finally!

Here at Wyrd, we do not discriminate. We believe the burrito to be the beautiful cousin of the sandwich. We welcome the burrito with open arms. However, the subject is about sandwiches. SO WYRD FORUM POSTERS! TELL US OF YOUR FAVORITE SANDWICHES!

When I worked at a deli/cafe, I made the perfect sandwich

philly cheese steak on a hero, with onions, peppers, mushrooms, wrapped in bacon, and the whole thing deep fried.

We called it the Deathwich and after splitting it with the deli owner, was told it was amazing, and never make it again.

it likely took a couple years off my life

There are so many sandwiches to love!

But if I had to pick, I'd probably say turkey and avocado, with pepper jack cheese, basil, hot peppers, lots of pickles, and a really fancy stone-ground mustard. On Dutch crunch.

Or maybe French dip.

EDIT: Or felafel with tahini, pickles, tomatoes, and hummus, on a pita, if I'm having a vegetarian day, which I do sometimes.

Perfect Sandwich:

• Bread: Light, white, can be spicey as well.
  • Chicken n' Bacon (xstra bacon can be added!) - remember cheese as well ;)
  • Salad, red onions, cucumber-slices.
  • Salad mayonnaise, with exstra pebber n' salt + oregano
  • I normally make em' myself, but you can get one at the Sunset-Boulevard Franchise (world-wide) - Try it out! :)

Edited by stochastic

So for lunch today, (Eric, Mack, David, Matt and I) we all went to a great Deli today. We all got one amazing sandwich each. I literally almost cried while eating my sandwich, it was that good. It was this amazing Cuban sandwich with honeymustard, pastrami, pork, pickles, some bodacious cheese, all grilled to panini perfection. Truly this sandwich was a blessing form the Sandwich Gods.

So for lunch today, (Eric, Mack, David, Matt and I) we all went to a great Deli today. We all got one amazing sandwich each. I literally almost cried while eating my sandwich, it was that good. It was this amazing Cuban sandwich with honeymustard, pastrami, pork, pickles, some bodacious cheese, all grilled to panini perfection. Truly this sandwich was a blessing form the Sandwich Gods.

Forgotten so soon...