Viruk's paintlog

Viruk

Thanks for all the c&c's about aPerdita, they have really kept me going. I've had this miniature for about a year and it took me a few afternoons to finally paint it. I've also cleaned up the beast's skin since the last update.

post-8493-13911930634166_thumb.jpg

While working on her, I also painted the classic Perdita.

post-8493-13911930635473_thumb.jpg

I didn't copy all the pictures here but you can see them on my blog.

Thanks for the comments!

I wish WordPress would let me follow your blog! These look so so so nice! *grin*

I upload all my Malifaux works here so as long as you check out this thread from time to time, you shoudln't miss on any of the good stuff ;)

Wow, I love the contrast between the blue of the body/wing structure and the brown membranes on the Avatar Perdita model. It makes it a very eye-catching piece. Lightening the wing structure and the additional glazes certainly worked out well! Not to mention the normal Perdita is totally sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

I took some time off working on the current Hobbit project (one afternoon to be precise ;) and put together some of Malifaux stuff I bought this summer.

Lucas McCabe and his crew are some of the best looking plastic miniatures I've ever worked with. The wastrels are my big favorites but Sidir is a winner too. I'm only a bit disappointed that Lucas himself seems a bit too large compared to other members of his crew...

post-8493-13911930747886_thumb.jpg

While I like the fluff and the looks of Guild riflemen, putting them together was a big pain. There are so many pieces to each of these that even though these bits fit together nicely, gluing them in place was still a challenge. Some of the elements are really tiny and attaching them was really tricky.

post-8493-1391193074833_thumb.jpg

How did the rifleman compare to the ten thunders archers? (if you put those together)

Haven't had a chance to work on TT archers so can't really tell.

The main challenge in putting together the Riflemen was that there are many really small pieces like holsters, sheathes and gluing them was tricky as they needed to go in into slots that were places in areas that were not easily accessible. A challenge, but an enjoyable one for sure.

Pretty damn good Perdita. Also I want your crystal recipe. Its sooo good.
]

I started with VGC Falcon Turquoise (about three thinned down layers to get good coverage), followed by a wash of Gulliman Blue. After that I started building up highlights using base color with VGC Livery Green. I kept on adding more of the bright green to the mix for successive layers (of course, all the time keeping it watered down) and added a little white in the end for the edges.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...