Which One To Buy? Warden or Peacekeeper? Poll

dunce002917

Since some have been receiving their pre-orders, I got a glimpse of the Warden model

http://www.wyrd-games.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=6555

It looks like it's a single model for $18.00 MSRP. Comparing it to the Peacekeeper at $25.00 MSRP.

So far, I have used up my minis budget (thanks to the Stormwall) and I only have room for around $30.

My question is: Which Construct would you buy? The Warden or the Peacekeeper?

A bit of a background: I have the C.Hoffman box and Ryle. That totals out my Construct crew.

Sop does a 5SS $18.00 Warden beat the 9SS $25.00 Peacekeeper?

Please provide reasons why you chose one over the other.

Thanks!

Peacekeeper without a doubt. It is, in my mind, the keystone piece to Hoffman. It has ridiculous movement, 10wds, pretty much the best armor Hoffman can use for himself, a minimum damage of 4 on his claws with a possible minimum of 5, the ability to isolate enemies and pull them towards you, and with Hoffman you ignore all of it's downsides. It is amazing.

If it is a one or other, peacekeeper, if you said 2 wardens or 1 peacekeeper. Harder decision, though I know Jonas is all about some Wardens. And after thinking about it and possibilities with Hoff, 2 Wardens can be much more incentive. But if its a 1 or 1, def peacekeeper.

Depends on your playstyle, really.

The Peacekeeper is a big ol' wrecking ball that has a variety of tricks it can pull, dragging enemies off of key locations, tossing them off of elevated terrain, flurry, and the ability to stand up to a lot of punishment against many foes. However, it's a big chunk of your crew cost, and against certain opponents, some of its features are worthless.

The Warden is actually kind of hard to compare it to, since the point gulf is so big. However, the new construct retains a few key features of the Peacekeeper: Its speed, range, and ability to ignore severe terrain and climbing penalties. It's definitely no where near the melee powerhouse as the Peacekeeper, or the Run n' Gunner that is the Pale Rider, but its abilities are still very amazing for a five soulstone model.

If you're happy with Wrecking Ball Hoffman, and don't face off against opponents who ignore armor, or have other ways of getting around its survivability, stick with the Peacekeeper. If you're looking for the PK's mobility and range, but don't want to pony up the soulstones (or real world human cash) for the Peacekeeper, the Warden is your robot.

Most people only run the Peacekeeper with Hoffman, since he can ignore its issues. I would personally be fairly reluctant to run the Peacekeeper at nine stones with another master. That's pretty much why Hunters exist.

I'm pretty excited about the Wardens, just as a general Guild model. I'm not sure if two of them would be the equal of the Peacekeeper or not.

Something to maybe consider, though, would be a comparison between the Peacekeeper and the Pale Rider. They're both nine stones and are both Constructs, but the Pale Rider is equally useful to all Guild masters. The Peacekeeper might be useful to all of them, but is definitely more useful to Hoffman. Also consider that Hoffman can hire the Mechanical Rider, though of course no one else in the Guild can take her.

I would personally go for the Pale Rider, myself, in terms of overall usefulness.

So.. I guess a follow up question: Is 2 Wardens = 1 Peacekeeper?

is 10SS for 2 Wardens equal to 9 SS for 1 Peacekeeper with Hoffman?

Would you use the Warden or the Peacekeeper with other Masters?

It is getting more interesting.. hehehe..

Personally? Being a *huge* fan of the Hoffman Handoff, I'd go with the two Wardens.

I strongly believe that 2 wardens is => than 1 peacekeeper.

In addition, I would side on the warden side as a first choice for a couple other reasons. The Warden keeps the movement that the peacekeeper has and Hoff can hide behind it just as easily. Hoff can still grab armor at the same level as the PK from the guardian. What the Warden loses from the guardian is the drag trigger. By the same token, the warden can paralyze, which is better every day of the week.

I'd recommend getting the Peacekeeper for running with Hoffman. One of the fastest rides for him, hits like a truck and packs armour all its own.

Definitely disappointed that the Wardens are so expensive for a single model. Might snag one, but at that price I definitely can't see myself getting two or more anytime soon, especially as a single design (if I'm going to get multiples I prefer there to be alternate arts, like with the Austringers).

If you're happy with Wrecking Ball Hoffman, and don't face off against opponents who ignore armor, or have other ways of getting around its survivability, stick with the Peacekeeper. If you're looking for the PK's mobility and range, but don't want to pony up the soulstones (or real world human cash) for the Peacekeeper, the Warden is your robot.

Could not have said it better.

I've heard the aftermath of multiple people assembling a Peacekeeper. Keep your sanity and buy a pair of wardens, if you have the extra ten bucks or so to spend. If not, the Peacekeeper is a fairly efficient use of dollars to soulstones (though Ryle is a better option dollar to SS IIRC)

I wouldn't say the Peacekeeper was all that bad to build. Challenging, to be sure, but I think the Steampunk Executioner came closer to trying my patience.

And I'm no miniatures veteran. Just started buying models and building them back in March. Never played a miniatures game prior to Malifaux either. Surely if I can build one anyone can!

With your list of constructs I'd go with the Peacekeeper. Especially since your comparing it at 1model to 1model. 1Keeper to 2 Wardens I'd still say go with the Keeper, only because of your list choice. Now if you run Lucius and Hoffman, Wardens all the way.

With your list of constructs I'd go with the Peacekeeper. Especially since your comparing it at 1model to 1model. 1Keeper to 2 Wardens I'd still say go with the Keeper, only because of your list choice. Now if you run Lucius and Hoffman, Wardens all the way.

I'm thinking of running Lucius with Hoffman. Fortunately, as a 10 ss Minion, Lucius' restriction does not apply.

Whether 1 Warden with Lucius is enough is the bigger question. I'll consider adding the Warden in my Lady J crews.

• 2 weeks later...
I strongly believe that 2 wardens is => than 1 peacekeeper.

In addition, I would side on the warden side as a first choice for a couple other reasons. The Warden keeps the movement that the peacekeeper has and Hoff can hide behind it just as easily. Hoff can still grab armor at the same level as the PK from the guardian. What the Warden loses from the guardian is the drag trigger. By the same token, the warden can paralyze, which is better every day of the week.

I haven't tested the Warden properly yet, and while I see it as a very useful model for both Hoffman and Lucius, it doesn't look like a replacement for Hoffman's PeaceKeeper yet...

Override edict, and to a lesser extent Machine Puppet are more effective on a more expensive model because it gets to make more use of its superior attack ability...

It makes me feel sorry for the poor hunter however - seems like a much more reliable prospect overall...

What the Warden does is open up crew builds for Hoffman a lot. I am getting a pair of them that will sometimes substitute in for the Peacekeeper and I can keep my heavy hitter in Ryle as well. You can increase your model count so you arent always out activated and a machine Puppetted restraining claw is as good as the Chain Spear.

The following 35ss list has 8! significant models in it and is pretty mobile and has 4 potential models for Hoffman to use as a ride

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

C. Hoffman
--
4 Pool

Mobile Toolkit [4ss]

• Guardian
    [7ss]

• Ryle, Guild Pawn
    [8ss]

• Warden
    [5ss]

• Warden
    [5ss]

• Watcher
    [3ss]

• Watcher
    [3ss]

What the Warden does is open up crew builds for Hoffman a lot. I am getting a pair of them that will sometimes substitute in for the Peacekeeper and I can keep my heavy hitter in Ryle as well. You can increase your model count so you arent always out activated and a machine Puppetted restraining claw is as good as the Chain Spear.

The following 35ss list has 8! significant models in it and is pretty mobile and has 4 potential models for Hoffman to use as a ride

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

C. Hoffman
--
4 Pool

Mobile Toolkit [4ss]

• Guardian
    [7ss]

• Ryle, Guild Pawn
    [8ss]

• Warden
    [5ss]

• Warden
    [5ss]

• Watcher
    [3ss]

• Watcher
    [3ss]

Hmm.. interesting list... what Strategies and Schemes do you use and are they successful?