Are you a girl? Coz this Panda would like to know ;)

Title of the thread - just a little bit creepy. But, girl, obviously. Note, you didn't state for yourself.

Also, I more had in mind a poll like: What percentage of the players in your area are female?

<1%, 1-5, 5-10, 10-20, 20-50, >50, etc, but I have no idea how to make such things (yes, I could probably figure it out, but I am busy working on the other post, and I'm lazy)

Title of the thread - just a little bit creepy. But, girl, obviously. Note, you didn't state for yourself.

It is an anonymous poll (which I voted male) so don't worry, no panda rape going on here (I wouldn't hear of it anyway).

Also, I more had in mind a poll like: What percentage of the players in your area are female?

<1%, 1-5, 5-10, 10-20, 20-50, >50, etc, but I have no idea how to make such things (yes, I could probably figure it out, but I am busy working on the other post, and I'm lazy)

Motherfu.. I see =] Well let's start with the forum, see what female activity is like here and then get people posting on behalf of their community (people like me don't have a community).

I'm an idiot - I totally scrolled past the poll to read your post:facepalm::slap:

That's me chastising myself. I could go back and edit it, but will leave it there as an ode to my own fallibility.

On a side note, I am becoming much more sophisticated in my use of smilies.

BTW.. you may be interesting to know that almost 1/3 of our fans on facebook are female.

Which may be a better guesstimate as well... They won't be scared away by Panda's asking "Are you a girl? Coz this Panda would like to know ;)".

Edited by Ratty

BTW.. you may be interesting to know that almost 1/3 of our fans on facebook are female.

That is interesting. I've felt from the beginning that this game could really do a lot to bring more women to the hobby. But I'll be posting (a lot) more on that in the other thread.

I think most the Girls here no longer post on the site.

Yeah I remember (while I was lurking) several girls/women who would post often, and now they've just disappeared. I've wondered if it was because the general feel of the forums became somewhat more hostile, if they moved on to other things, or if they just got tired of being "the girl".

I think most the Girls here no longer post on the site.

Hell a while back one of the biggest reasons for men to play was that there girlfriend liked the models

what you mention there has to do with a more significant aspect of "gaming" that scares of women/girls way more than sexy and (semi)naked female characters.

the rules/fanatisicm/competitive thing..

Ive known plenty of girls (even of the fashion-magazine type.) who find the art and miniatures etc. very interesting of this hobby... only to see their faces wringle into disgust when you walk past a gamestore with guys yelling at each other about the unfairness of the dice rolls and making *waaagh* noises.

and I think similar competitive loudness might scare off on forums too... heaps of broken, unfairness, change this, change that discussions.

actually it puts me off too.

(but then I have the opinion that, competitive in THIS hobby should be about painting.. competitive games for me are chess etc. )