Gamers Lounge Episode 55 is all for you!

nix

Apparently I am Resurrectionist Curious..... I just can't seem to stay away over the past week or so.

Episode 55 of the Gamers Lounge is out on the website (Gamerslounge.coda.net) and the subscription feed and its all for you guys! Your very own Sandwich and Zephir (yes, you Resers have to claim them) jump into a nice long discussion about if Resurrections really suck or not.

I really enjoyed the conversation, although I came out convinced Ressers are actually far better than people give them credit for!

Enjoy!

*grin*

Bill

Guys - thanks for making me walk around town this morning with a big, stupid grin on my face :) Hearing the Ramos/ Kaeris piece done like that was hilarious. Loved it *grin*

(Edit: now wish I had left in the reference to the Gay Mare's Lounge in the last piece of writing I submitted to Wyrd...)

Edited by Sholto

Wow I interrupted you a lot, I'm sorry!

If you ever have me again, I'll make sure to keep my sound up so I don't do that anymore.

Wasn't so bad Sandwich, and I enjoyed having you on. I will certainly reach out again in the future!

Great podcast as always.

Interesting though, Sandwich makes his points much better in writing. I think a lot of the points about Rezzers that should have been made were overlooked, and a lot of time was spent talking about areas where they are actually strong. For example, a discussion of three of the best models the Rezzers have for their point cost (Crooked Man, Rotten Belle and Shikome) didn't do much to make his case.

Without the formal language of game criticism and analysis, it becomes very difficult to hold any discussion beyond highly subjective and out of context opinions and circular discussions. But its always good to hear thoughts from experienced players.

Very entertaining podcast!

Great podcast as always.

Interesting though, Sandwich makes his points much better in writing. I think a lot of the points about Rezzers that should have been made were overlooked, and a lot of time was spent talking about areas where they are actually strong. For example, a discussion of three of the best models the Rezzers have for their point cost (Crooked Man, Rotten Belle and Shikome) didn't do much to make his case.

Without the formal language of game criticism and analysis, it becomes very difficult to hold any discussion beyond highly subjective and out of context opinions and circular discussions. But its always good to hear thoughts from experienced players.

Very entertaining podcast!

I don't think I was wholly prepared for the conversation, in all honesty.

I wasn't expecting the pace at which the discussion was held.

It was very well structured and the only deviant on the topic at hand was myself, which I only realized how much I drifted from point to point after I listened to it with my ladypal.

I also did a very poor job of being directly on the point I was trying to make, which, after hearing how Zephir and Nix carried themselves, I absolutely think I need to work on the composure of my speech.

It was my very first Podcast and it wasn't quite as I expected, but I enjoyed being on it and I'll do much better the next time I show up on the radar. :)

It just a short discussion too. I'm pretty sure we could debate back and forth on this for 2-4 hours if we had the time. I think we did good considering the time factor =)

Also chatting with Sandwich was fun. And don't feel bad about your segments. You did great, and don't forget I'm a podcast veteran, I've crashed Nix's cast several times before.

My big shock was how good the sound quality on a mic from a set of headphones my brother found lying around his basement.

Also if anyone wants to ask me direct questions, I'll answer any questions and defend any of my points if needed.

Hey, I never said Marcus' crew was weak!

I think Marcus is one of the more powerful crews in the game, frankly.

I say he's lower tier because there's absolutely no defined direction to his playstyle, meaning a lot of players are left in the dark with what to do, so they'll eventually be drawn to the styles of other crews they enjoy, which doesn't fit the way he works, so he becomes bad to them.

With risk of sounding like a bigot, Marcus is the lowest tier because most people who encounter him are not skilled enough to use him in the scope required for his success.

Whereas someone like Pandora has a very clear cut 'this is how I do this, this is why I have this spell, these models work great with me, and hey, if you can't quite figure it out in your first game, that's fine, I have a lot of defensive capabilities' stat-spread, Marcus absolutely does not.

If it weren't for the Forums, people wouldn't even think of using things like the Moleman or Lawyer, period.

So that's my piece.

On Marcus.

If it weren't for the Forums, people wouldn't even think of using things like the Moleman or Lawyer, period.

Just to be clear, does this mean someone actually considers using the Lawyer other than me when I am at my most Masochistic?

With risk of sounding like a bigot, Marcus is the lowest tier because most people who encounter him are not skilled enough to use him in the scope required for his success.

This pretty much applies to the whole of Malifaux. And it applies the other way round, too; people think bad masters are fine because the only people they play against with those masters are weaker players than them.

And the circle perpetuates.

Great podcast guys.

I wouldn't worry too much about your presence Sandwich...lots of folks have to think a little to have the best input and can struggle to pull all of the pertinent info when put on the spot. You've proven that you're a deep thinker, you just need to think a little to be succinct. I know how it is....I think I might be approaching the 10 minute mark creating this reply.

:)

@ Bill - glad my post got a chuckle and thanks for the shout out. Faction loyalty isn't something I can do when I love so many different models across the factions. I cut and pasted that exact thread in every faction except the Rezzers, which I don't play.

:) Hooray for indecision!

I have to ask because I've been trying for a while.

How do I get to this mysterious "picture of an old guy with a corpse at his feet"?

In your web browser, type in "Wyrd-games.net"

Click Forum

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

On the left hand side, there'll be a scrolling flash animation.

Its the model after Nicodem's Avatar,

There's also a thread in the general section, I'll get you a link in just a sec

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?32790-More-New-Art

Zephir's got you covered there

In your web browser, type in "Wyrd-games.net"

Click Forum

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

On the left hand side, there'll be a scrolling flash animation.

Its the model after Nicodem's Avatar,

There's also a thread in the general section, I'll get you a link in just a sec

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?32790-More-New-Art

Zephir's got you covered there

I don't know how I managed to miss that. I wonder if I can just mail Wyrd my pay check for a while till all of this gets sorted out. :)

Just to be clear, does this mean someone actually considers using the Lawyer other than me when I am at my most Masochistic?

I am also convinced that the Lawye, like Hamelin the Rat Catcher is good in some way. I just need to find that way to have them perform consistently.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

If you want to argue that the Ressers have limited use master specific models mention guild autopsies, not the shikome.

I was pretty surprised at Sandwich's "performance".

He is a much better writer than ad-lib speaker. :)

If I gauged that as a debate, I think that zephir won.

I did appreciate the retraction on "Dead Rider Grief". (Loves me my dead rider...)

I was wondering if zephir finds Nicodem so balanced, how did he place at Nova, Gencon or Adepticon or any other tournament of more than 8 or so players?

I ask that as a question, not as some sort of rhetorical attack. I am genuinely interested in hearing about the playstyles and crews of people that take masters that many of the rest of us struggle with and beat the same crews that we struggle against.

I *WANT* Nicodem to fare better. I do not WANT to be right that he needs more soulstones an extra walk inch and perhaps something like calmdowns suggestion that Decay loses the :ranged

So, the more I learn from better players, the happier I will be. But, in reading here for a long time and going to tournaments and just generally trying myself, I find that the talk of masters like Nicodem appears more theory than results...