Soo Ten Thunders

Orboros

Finally we know more about book 4. It features a new faction called Ten Thunders. If i am getting it right they are a ninja/eastern/assissin style clan mainly operating on Earth, now infiltrating Malifaux and doing all kinds of stuff we don't know about.

With Misaki and the bros available already we can tell in what direction the general style of the faction will go.

So what will we get?

I am guessing 3-4 new masters. EricJ said that Misaki will not get an upgrade to Henchman, i think she will be a Master then.

I just wanted to know what you guys are thinking about this new addition to Malifaux :)

Personally, i am very excited.

discuss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not certain how I feel about a whole new faction much less new Masters, as everything they had said up to this point indicated that had no short term interest in creating more masters, and that in we were looking at expansion we should probably think in the Henchman direction.

Now they have changed things up on us before, and I'm curious to see how a new faction gets integrated into the existing line up. If they do it whereby the 10 Thunderers faction is integrated within the other factions as infiltration, and only can come all together if you use a 10 Thunderer's Master it could be an interesting mechanic, as just throwing the best Thunderers won't necessarily work because of all the suits required. Very, very interested in seeing how it pans out.

Currently my interest in the book is significantly lower than my excitement for last years book, but that could certainly change. Very impressed and have to give credit to Wyrd for the fact that 80%ish of the 4th Book will be available during Gen Con, great decision I feel and most impressive to actually realize as well.

Overall I'm very excited for the upcoming story encounters, as I've always enjoyed playing such things in all game systems, and have particularly enjoyed Malifaux's.

Very excited to see how this Gen Con turns out.

We know a new faction will be released, but I like Strumpet's speculation that it'll pull from the factions rather than adding an entire new one. I must say that Gen Con is going to be exciting, but it will be difficult to figure out what to buy day 1 since I'll need to know what models I want to get and which I don't want to. I'm still reeling from all the excitement :D Looking forward to more Molly love!

I just hope 100% of it has been play-tested properly and is balanced and we don't see 80% of the cards/rules revised over the next few months

I hope not. Getting new revisions of cards as the models are released is like getting to read the rules all over again!

Its bad of them, very very bad of them to have so much ready for Gen con :( I was planing to save up a couple of hundred £ for it and buy the random little bits and limited edition models, and now i find i have to save up lots more to buy the entire book :( I cant afford that on such short notice:( Sad times :( And Evil Wyrd :( And more masters, i don't need that i have like 22 already far to much :P And now i want more :( Although the puppet wars thing sounded great i keep wanting to gtet that but just to expensive, now its more and cheaper shouldn't be a problem to get it now :D

But very much looking forward to this years gencon (and trusting the site to not die on it:) )

Its bad of them, very very bad of them to have so much ready for Gen con :( I was planing to save up a couple of hundred £ for it and buy the random little bits and limited edition models, and now i find i have to save up lots more to buy the entire book :( I cant afford that on such short notice:( Sad times :( And Evil Wyrd :( And more masters, i don't need that i have like 22 already far to much :P And now i want more :( Although the puppet wars thing sounded great i keep wanting to gtet that but just to expensive, now its more and cheaper shouldn't be a problem to get it now :D

I try to be positive and think about it from the bright side... after hearing the podcast this morning I figured I have until early September (~3 months) to prepare the paperwork to file for bankruptcy, after the buying spree in august. And after filing, I will have a lot of time to play with the new models! :)

About time someone started a thread about book 4. I personally have dropped all plans of getting any other factions until the book is out. I like/dislike the multi faction model idea. Good for getting models that can be used in many crews, bad for basing a theme. I love the idea of the encounter packs. My job as the GM just got easier!

so its an Asian theme ? cool, can we get monkey,crane,tiger,snake,mantis and panda models please

+1 for Panda.

A kitsune and tanuki if we're talking about Japanese folklore, perhaps kappa as well.

Based on the Book Three story with Misaki, I figure the Ten Thunders will be Tong/Triad/Yakuza with a healthy dose of cinematic ninja and wuxia martial arts.

Please, please no.

Fair warning, Never say No to Panda!

Edited by A_Hamster

So how is this going to work, suit-wise? Currently all the major factions are related to a suit (Guild is Rams, Arcanists is Tomes, etc). Outcasts is none/a mix of the four. So what's that leave this 6th faction? All of the above? None? Or the start of a second faction for every suit?

Edited by johntoenjes
Double Post

So how is this going to work, suit-wise? Currently all the major factions are related to a suit (Guild is Rams, Arcanists is Tomes, etc). Outcasts is none/a mix of the four. So what's that leave this 6th faction? All of the above? None? Or the start of a second faction for every suit?

Four factions

Four suits

Four winds

Four masters

Go figure ;)

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I'm calling bets on

Models based on MS&U and Guildguard spies

A construct master

A necromancer

Some sort Neverborn slaver

someone in league with a tyrant

Back about 10-12 years ago, I Had great fun playing China Town by Stone Circle Games with Keltheos when I lived near him.

The game had demons, pennangalans, tigermen, wuxia, dragon-blooded kung-fu heroes, sorcereres, undead/demon hunters, zombies, thralls, hookers, cyborgs, and lots of kung-fu fighters & gunmen.

I hope that book 4 takes some of these ideas f along with hopping vampires.

Back about 10-12 years ago, I Had great fun playing China Town by Stone Circle Games with Keltheos when I lived near him.

The game had demons, pennangalans, tigermen, wuxia, dragon-blooded kung-fu heroes, sorcereres, undead/demon hunters, zombies, thralls, hookers, cyborgs, and lots of kung-fu fighters & gunmen.

I hope that book 4 takes some of these ideas f along with hopping vampires.

So Zombie hookers, I'm sure we can manage that.