Gamers Lounge Episode 54

nix

So, I do not do this too often, but I am trying to get the word out fairly wide. Gamers Lounge Episode 54 is posted to the subscription feed and available for download. It should show up on iTunes by Monday, as iTunes tends to be a bit behind the feed.

I had a great conversation with EricJ regarding Gencon, Terraclips, Puppetwars, and Malifaux. Wyrd has certainly been as busy as they have been quiet lately. Plus, the information Eric shared about Special Forces, Book 4, new factions, and upcoming models is simply fantastic to hear.

Hope everyone enjoys!

Oh, and I am pretty sure the word Eric uses about Puppet wars rhymes with fantastic!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a new deck, the 10-Thunders Book, ~70-80% of the new models released, puppet wars rerelease, NE Eric and Nathan, Mystique, oh, and at least one scenario/campaign pack that includes new special forces models.

It sure is a lot of releases to happen all at the same time and so soon - so own up, who at Wyrd is after the yacht?

I missed the molly part somehow at what time is it ?

wonder if the new faction=something for all factions acts out as something like the ten thunders having individuals (minions, henchman, masters.) spread out among all the factions and also having access to previously appropiately themed elements within the existing factions ( lots of orient themes among the resurrectionists allready for example )

Ten Thunders will be it's own faction, not integrated into the existing factions. I'm expecting 3 or 4 new masters to lead them.

The way I'm imagining the story campaign packs is as a set of 3 or so linked strategies with a storyline, designed with certain masters in mind (but adaptable to other masters) and including a couple of new special forces models involved in the story). I'm not expecting any generic campaign rules in the main book, but I could be proved wrong.

Mike

Really looking forward to the Ten Thunders Faction. Find it a bit odd they are their own faction, thought they could slip into outcasts. I guess as their own faction they can have more masters or options.

Will be interesting to see which sort of playstyle they go for.

I am just really hoping for just one or two more Guild Elite division, Lucius needs new toys, a heavy hitter would be nice as Ryle is pretty useless.

Could someone maybe post a summary of the new info since I really don't like listening to podcasts (not a fan of the format at all), pretty please.

Book 4 will be 10 Thunders which is a new faction that is infiltrating the other factions

Misaki will not be a Henchman

70% of the models for the new book will be released at Gencon(but then will follow a normal release scheduled, like last year)

Puppet Wars core box is being re released in plastic. Better counters, bigger board, more minis, lower price

Some more generic info on the new Terraclips line(All the preview pics are from just one set, lots of cool dungeon sets)

Malifaux will be getting some plastic models at some point

New Miss model will be Miss tery(spelling?). She will be a Guild model and very cheesecake.

I am sure there was more that I missed.

New Faction: Ten Thunders

Misaki will not be a new Henchman

Special Forces no longer focus of new book. They'll be drip fed through scenario packs each introducing (and including) a couple of new special forces models alongside story encounters. Two of the early packs will focus around Molly. Carver is likely to appear in a story pack.

"70-80%" of book 4 contents will be available at GenCon

Nightmare SE models will be versions of EricJ and Nathan (unknown what they will proxy)

Miss Tique will be the new alt for the year, proxying a Guild model.

Puppet Wars rerelease in plastic with more puppets at lower price.

Think that covers most of it.

Mike

on the new Miss model, I am pretty excited about it being Guild as I have not had a reason to pick up the other miss models.

Going through the guild line, I am thinking its going to be an Alt witchling handler. Could be another guardsmen but with 3 models already and one female I am not so sure. Unless its a model from Book 4 which I dont think it will be, I am guessing Witchling Handler, although with Wyrd you are never quite sure.

Edit: Just realized I am going to be on holiday during Gen Con, so no special models for me. Also got to save up for said holiday, so look like my Gen Con fund is gone.

Edited by Talos

Female Death Marshal would be fantastic. Would let me use Overkill, the original DM opening the Casket, then the new Miss.

I have to say I lean more toward a Witchling Stalker though. Miss Demeanor was a Convict Gunslinger. The new Miss sounds more magicy to me, which would fit a Witchling well.