Perdita players rejoice we should have a good chance at winning a major tournament

Odin1981

Well if you haven't looked on over at the rules forum I might suggest perusing it and taking a gander at the dreamer errata and the bury errata. The biggest hurdle we had in the competitive scene has now been chopped down to size. Not gone but made bearable. Also given that we naturally have a fairly decent matchup against hamelin who most players will be bringing out in mass now that dreamer isn't as auto include to tournaments anymore and we might actually have a scenario now that for the first time in almost two years a book 1 master now might actually have a chance at bringing home a large tournament/con event (without including a all inclusive book 2 crew).

@Odin, the problem with Perdita winning a major tournament was not Dreamer... it sits firmly in the Mexican Gunslingers own lap..... :)

To be fair, a Perdita crew kicked Justice's ass earlier this week, so I should not be talking until after this weekend.

Buy s new fate deck set the old fate deck in frint of the new, make the new one watch while put the old through a paper shredder. Works everytime lol

Nah, best thing to do is burn the deck. Burning it destroys all the evil bad luck spirits before they can escape and infect new decks.

Also i wouldnt say Perdita is best book 1 master for guild I would say Sonia and lady J are better options. Perdita is a strong master but her cache being low, and her fast holds her back for me. Her speed is awesome though. Bury mechanics change had a greater impact than dreamer errata to overall game play. I'm glad to see chompies yoyo range is not quite as long.

What i mean is j and Sonia can have 4 available ap through use of student while Perdita can't have more than 3. Given the incredible damage output of all three masters one ap can mean one more kill or better board placement.

J to me is strongest guild book 1 master, now with lucius as an option since she is well versed in supporting her crew (handout melee expert to 2-3 models per ap), shooting with paired pistols, and most accurate beatstick in the game.

Now we will be seeing more j tourney winners :).

I swear I'm not bias to j ;)

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

@Bigglesworth or anyone really, what does your 30SS competitive Justice list look like with Lucius in it? I have been looking at pulling one together and nothing really gel's for me. I have some practice tomorrow night for a Saturday tournament and would love to try out something new.

Personally, I have success with Justice/aJustice in a straight list and with Lucius as master. When I mix the two, especially at 30 points, I just do not have enough to accomplish my strategies and schemes.

@Bigglesworth or anyone really, what does your 30SS competitive Justice list look like with Lucius in it? I have been looking at pulling one together and nothing really gel's for me. I have some practice tomorrow night for a Saturday tournament and would love to try out something new.

Personally, I have success with Justice/aJustice in a straight list and with Lucius as master. When I mix the two, especially at 30 points, I just do not have enough to accomplish my strategies and schemes.

Actually i don't run them together unless it's a 35 point game... Lucius being a full ten points is just expensive... might just be my perception of a ten point model... but i feel like less than 35 and he kind of inhibits what you can do, hiring wise...

though i will say, most of the time when i run them together, i am glad that i did... if just for his reenforcements ability! :D

Actually i don't run them together unless it's a 35 point game... Lucius being a full ten points is just expensive... might just be my perception of a ten point model... but i feel like less than 35 and he kind of inhibits what you can do, hiring wise...

This has been my experience as well (my group doesn't play 30ss games only 25ss or 35ss).

If you really want to run Justice and Lucius at 30 and assuming you don't have a strategy that requires you to spread out here's what I would do.

Lady J 6 cache

Student 4

Lucius 10

Austringer 5

Austringer 5

Guard 4

30 point ss games really rock what most "competitive gamers" have been accustomed to imho. You really lack the "wiggle room" that 35ss tournaments offer. You will most likely have to do one of two things. Become acclimated to not running 8ss in your cache or understanding that you cannot run your full crew of figures that 35 allows.

For lady J the only thing I could think of at 30ss that might be able to do well would be guardian, student, austringer, watcher, santiago/nino (your choice on this one), stalker and "just 4 ss" or drop one of the figures and go up to 8ss. I really don't think you could fit lucius in at 30ss like you can at 35 but I'm not saying it is impossible. I won't talk about aJ cause I have no experiance playing her.

Sonnia is either the desperate mercs into stalkers route with alot of what is in j's list minus lucius cause he really doesn't do a whole lot with her. Also if you are not playing 8ss with j/sonnia you cannot drop them in via reinforcements to splatter something/ a bunch of things due to being def 4-5 without the majority of of a 8ss cache being used protecting them.

I really like the idea of 30ss being the standard for tournaments cause outside of maybe 1-2 crews I really don't feel that you can actually fit enough of what you need without lacking something in your list which at 35ss you have the room at (at least for 8-10 masters in this game of being able to fit in).

@Nix and others have said are pretty spot on. Justice is an absolute beast with Lucius and student. As you see most add student to a j Lucius list. So it is not ten ss but 14 ss that you need to fit. Nix you have stated this quite a few times too dogs are key objective grabbers therefore most FIXED all comers list will include a pair. That is 20ss now for a core 35 j list. Last part of a strong 35ss j Lucius list is a vanguard elite model to reinforce, like executioner, judge, peacekeeper, some other melee beast, that now is 27-29ss. One last point I usually run j Lucius with 6 ss since I don't burn through that fast. I tend to play late game which in timed tourneys can suck.

How to slim it to 30ss? For me it is cutting up to 2 of 3 options, student, Lucius, and or dogs. I tend to run student more often than lucius at 30, but in none objective game lucius is better choice for me.

My 30ss two lists are

J

Lucius

2 dogs

Judge

Austringer or dmerc+stalker

J

Student

Judge

2 marshals

1 stalker

2 dogs

I tend not to play avatar j because it isn't my style to play aggressive first few turns to get the requirements. Sonia at 30ss with Lucius is my go to.

Sonia

Student

Lucius

4 dogs

Dmerc

I know i have said in past dont bring more than 2 dogs because it usually means easy scheme for opponent but, this is a fun list and is easy to convert crew to stalkers.

Just my 2 cents. I know nix you like the avatar and i can see a lot more reasons to take a avatar list at 30ss over a student lucius j list.

Edit: brett's list is viable, I would suggest a stalker instead or marshal, a fast melee expert marshal and stalker are far scarier vanguards than a guard.

I should say, to give further insight to my perspective, inspiring swordplay is amazing but is a double edged sword, I see a lot of lists for j that seems to utilize this ability, I tend to try for it only if i can strategically retreat.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

<snark>

@Sketch- didn't you realize all Perdita discussions, especially around tournaments, turn into discussions about good masters......

</snark>

:)

I really want to find that big smile smilie again... so sad its not easy to do.

*grin* this one?

All threads about one master are really thinly veiled requests for everyone to talk about every master. At least we are staying mostly Guild?