How to kill a Pigapult?

Sezar

Question

18 answers to this question

Rules-wise, Poison does do a great job of killing it, but flavor-wise, I'd say models with the Object trait should be immune to Poison, similar to how models with Ablaze (Iggy, Fire Gamin) are immune to Burning tokens.

Poison can be many things. Fast acting corrosives, acids perhaps? Who can tell if the poison users change the substance they apply depending on target or not?

@Kadeton - the point is it will be dead by the end of the game, since it has so few Wounds, and you don't need to spend any more AP hitting it to get that result. If you need it dead sooner, then hitting it more is the better option :)

@I_was_like_you - It was. Only downside was, I was the Som'er player... ;)

Out of interest, how does Poison "do a great job of killing it"? Poison does Wounds, which are reduced by Object, so it will only be taking a single Wound per turn from Poison. That doesn't seem any better than just hitting it with any other attack to do 1 Wd.

I think that Poison, technically, causes 1 Wd from each Poison token, so each Poison token is a separate source of damage?

1 Poison token is no better than 1Wd attack, but 2 Poison Tokens will cause 3 Wds in 2 turns, for which you'd have to conduct 3 separate attacks otherwise.

Unless I'm mistaken as to how the Poison damage gets applied.

The model suffers 1 wd per poison token on it at the start of its activation and then discards 1 token, so Object does work, but unless its a high poison number, its not much difference.

Its not a great job, but its better than nothing in that each poison token is the same as another attack doing up to 6 wounds