• 1 month later...

Here's a little report I did on an exhibition my club organized this week...

Exhibition of Miniatures and Tabletop Scenery Agram 2014
Event date: 26 February 2014, 18:00h - 9 March 2014, 10:00h

Dwarves, orks and aliens in glass cases in Vladimir Horvat Gallery

A representation of eleven years of  work of one of the most awarded associations in Zagreb

For the eight year running, UMS Agram organizes an Exhibition of miniatures and tabletop scenery in celebration of our birthday. It is held in the Vladimir Horvat Gallery in Zagreb's Community of Technical Culture on Trg žrtava fašizma 14, Zagreb. The grand opening was held on wednesday February 26 at 18.00.

00.jpg 15.jpg

The exhibition shows a retrospective of our work with the emphasis on the fantasy, sci-fi miniatures assembled and painted by our member. Along with over a hundred miniatures, there are also a great number of terrain pieces hand made by our members. During the exhibition there will also be a demo of the Malifaux tabletop wargame. 

2014-00-1.jpg

2014-00-2.jpg

To accompany the demo, this year we decided to put an emphasis on Malifaux, a cool game set in 19th century parallel world that mixes Victorian London, Wild West, Orient all wrapped up in Steampunk setting.

09.jpg

04.jpg

10.jpg

Also, we dedicated a part of the Exhibition to our prolific member, Ana Polanšćak, and her blog Gardens of Hecate where she describes how she makes her wonderful scenery and miniatures set in dark middle ages ravaged by plague and various mythological creatures inspired by the crews of Malifaux. 

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

thanks!

they are done by Model Mates Rust and Model Mates Yellow Rust.

the background was done using Model Mates Blue Verdigris. (if you're interested check out www.modelmates.co.uk)

all these are really really cool weathering effects that are really easy to use! I've written a review as a part of my series of articles about the Malifaux modular gaming board in the last issue of Figure Painter Magazine (and there will be another one in the upcoming issue... which reminds me I need to write that article LOL)

9-slider_rust_wagon.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys... here's my next project, it's a cool little bust from Phlegyas Art that I'd like to do a bit different:

jackinthebox.jpg

seems to me that it just screams to be made into a jack-in-a-box. (Viruk, you might recognize the box LOL)...

anyway, I'd like to put something on his head. question is what? that's where you guys (will hopefully) come in.

I'm open to suggestions...

(so far I'm leaning towards a fez :D)

• Like 1