Lost Gencon Order

Rathnard

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate spot to post, but I figured I'd get the most attention in Malifaux Matters and, well, I'm desperate. Also, this is serious business so no pink.

My Gencon Malifaux order never arrived. :(

Both USPS and Australia Post's records show it as having being delivered on Monday the 29th August but did I recieve it? Nope. Not a thing.

I've emailed Wyrd, am in communication with Australia Post and have been talking to whichever neighours I can corner in and around my apartment block. I am still hoping that it somehow turns up but I also have to consider the possibility that someone stole it.

Hence why I'm posting this up. If you can, I'd appreciate it if you all could keep an eye out for someone from Brisbane trying to sell the following items;

Twisting Fates Rulebook

Nightmare Edition Dead Justice

2x Nightmare Edition Teddy

Zoraida the Hag - Alternate Sculpt

Zoraida - Avatar of Fate

Marcus - Avatar of Instinct

Miss Demeanor (Convict Gunslinger)

It wasn't a cheap order, but losing my chance to get the Nightmare edition models is especially tough.

Any help you guys could provide would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

If you don't get any joy and Wyrd can't help let me know mate. I bought extra ltd edition sets with a view to selling them for a profit next year (boo hiss - I know, bite me :P). If you genuinely end up with no Nightmare stuff by the end of it all I'll sell you one of each at the RRP, you'll just need to cover postage.

Hope it resolves for you mate but let me know if it doesn't.

Adam

I would email Nathan directly and I am sure he will get this worked out for you. He was out of town a week ago so if you sent the email then he might have missed it.

I sent an email to Wyrd as a reply to my order yesterday, so I'm not expecting a response quite yet. In any case unless the folks at Wyrd messed up the address, I suspect the problem lies with the postal service. The tracking number shows it as having gotten to Australia and even being delivered. It's just that the signature Australia post has on record isn't mine (I was out of town that day) and as far as I can tell it either never made it to my address or for reasons I can't fathom, someone stole the package from my letter box or front door.

Magicpockets: Thanks alot for the offer. I sincerely hope I won't have to take you up on that. :)

Well, alot happened on this front today.

I still don't have my order, but I now know what happened to it and more critically, the details of the guy who seems to have stolen it.

Basically Australia Post was able to supply me with an initial and last name via the signature of the guy who accepted the package. I called up the agent who manages my apartment block and while there was only so much detail he could give me (privacy laws and all), he did confirm that someone of that name lived in the apartment block. I say lived because that apartment is now empty and the person in question is "currently uncontactable" (ie. I suspect he's not paid rent and done a runner).

So I go to the police station to report the theft and they're able to talk to the property manager themselves to get this guy's details. It turns out he has quite a record with the police - this is certainly not his first run in with the law.

At this point things are under investigation. But with police resources being what they are they're not likely to find him unless they pick him up for an unrelated offense, or someone can give them a current address.

So I now have his name, and the magic of the internet has trawled up all sorts of other info on him. I've been gathering what I can on him but I've yet to locate an address.

I'm still hoping the package has been left at the apartment, but I don't like my chances. On the plus side, I think I'll be able to get reimbursed by Australia Post for the stolen parcel, since they should never have given it to this guy in the first place, and are thus at fault.

So that's where things are at the moment. It sucks that my Gencon order was stolen by some idiot with barely half a brain, but at least I now know what happened to it, and at least I've got some chance of getting my money back.

Gotta love rampant idiotic thefts.

Sorry to hear of the trouble, yours isn't the first I've heard unfortunately this month. I think what is most aggravating is the postal service not taking a half minute to verify that yes they are at 190 Beach AVE and not at 190 Summer ST. before passing off the package.

Well, things have been moving fast...

It turns out the guy who stole my parcel has just been arrested for another offence (missing a court date or something) and they've now charged him with theft.

So it seems my chances of getting the order back are improving. I don't have it yet of course but if nothing else, things are looking far better than they were a few days ago. The police have the guy responsible and with any luck, he hasn't thrown it away and they'll be able to locate it.

• 1 month later...
At least your sh-t was stolen by the stupidest man alive.

You have no idea...

StolenGencon1.jpg

StolenGencon2.jpg

:smugpuppet1

I got a call from the property manager for my apartment block this afternoon. The cleaners finally went in to the apartment my criminal neighbour had abandonded and found the above, opened but otherwise untouched.

Yep, after more than two months and against all odds I actually have my Gencon order!

I honestly wasn't expecting to ever see this order again but I guess I really underestimated just how daft this guy must surely be. I mean honestly, who abandons an apartment and leaves behind such an utterly incriminating piece of evidence? Wow. Just...wow.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on the forums and at Wyrd for the support and encouragement. I think all the hassle this caused me was is arguably worth the story I got out of it. ;)

Please be advised that the miscreant is now in Guild custody and will be facing the charges as soon as we can fit his trial in.

In the interests of Human rights we have conceded to allow a small window in his cell...though it is unfortunate it opens onto the sewerage system for the Guild offices.

Lawyers have been informed and will be visiting him shortly.

Please be advised that the miscreant is now in Guild custody and will be facing the charges as soon as we can fit his trial in.

In the interests of Human rights we have conceded to allow a small window in his cell...though it is unfortunate it opens onto the sewerage system for the Guild offices.

Lawyers have been informed and will be visiting him shortly.

*whispers* what Abs doesnt know is that the neverborn have stolen the fiend from Guild Custody and are now torturing the scally for such disgusting behaviour. We all know the Guild go too lightly on thieves and miscreants....

*whispers* what Abs doesnt know is that the neverborn have stolen the fiend from Guild Custody and are now torturing the scally for such disgusting behaviour. We all know the Guild go too lightly on thieves and miscreants....

*whispers* And what Hayzel doesn't know is that we planned all along for the Neverborn to steal him from custody...saves on the paperwork! ;)