Addicted?

thescale

Guys, I think I have a problem.

I just ordered the Redchapel gang box set, and Seamus will make my eighth master, after Lucius, Sonnia, Lady Justice, Colette, Rasputina, Viktorias and Von Schill.

The worst part is, I live in Saint Louis, where it is hard to find a game at the best of times; so I hardly get to play.

Please halp.

I'd recommend moving to Georgia, Detroit, Chicago, or I think Seattle, possibly virginia as well. They seem to have the largest active communities of players, if forum activity is a valid measuring stick. Philly / South NJ is a decent group, 8 or so actives, but I believe the others are larger.

Detroit / chicage leaves you closer to adepticon and gencon.

Mass and NJ puts you in templecon and warstore weekend range.

Addicted.... understatement..

im now 12 masters and 1 henchman into this game after looking at ramos and thinking, i'll check out this malifaux game since they just released a new book.... Rising Powers... an online painting comp forced me to paint them and its now so deep i cant see the start...

definately try to get some games or like me i have been out doing demos, hard game to teach though so best you leave off the triggers first time out on the paddock'

I'm a devout Resurrectionist. I own every minion and Master released to date plus a smattering of mercenary Outcasts and a few cross-faction models to satisfy the likes of Kirai and Nico.

Not too long ago, I decided to broaden my horizons with a Dreamer and a Leveticus box. Harmless enough. I mean ... obviously I need Alps, Daydreams, Teddy is fun, Neph twins ... more Waifs, Desolation Engine ... jeez Von Shill is cool, Collodi, how did Zoraida get in my shopping cart? ... oh, Hamelin? Yes please. How many rats?

Needless to say, I sold Dreamer and Leve (unopened, NIB) and swore a blood oath to play Rezzers and only Rezzers.

I know myself, I realize I suffer from "Gotta Catch 'Em All" syndrome. If I dip my toe in another faction, if I start painting and playing them, there's no turning back. Each day is a struggle, each day I feel my defenses weakening ...

My name is Hatchethead ... and I'm a Malifauxholic.

Addiction is not the word! I am 15 masters in and 3 henchmen (well, will be at the end of the month).

I will have all the Guild, Arcanist and Neverborn releases so far plus a healthy smattering of ressers and outcasts.

And whats really stupid is that i don't play at all at the moment.....no time due to life commitments.

But i love the models and I know that when life becomes a little less hectic they will all be there waitinfg for me!

And then of course I will need to paint them......

Addicted? Yes. :D

The Malifaux scene in Brisbane is growing, but not as huge as I'd like it to be so I only get a few games each fortnight. But that hasn't stopped me collcting 9 crews, three of which are the Masters with the greatest variety of models available to them (Zoraida, Levi, Marcus). :rolleyes:

That later point means I'll probably be getting Hoffman, Molly and Collidi before the year is out, simply because their starter sets contain models I want to use. :smugpuppet1 Then there's the crews I'm hoping to expand to (the Viks and either Ramos or Rapsy), and probably a few others once I decide I need to either fill out my Outcasts Faction, finally build a Resser crew or give Lucius a suitable Guild-aligned friend.

Edited by Rathnard

I'd recommend moving to Georgia, Detroit, Chicago, or I think Seattle, possibly virginia as well. They seem to have the largest active communities of players, if forum activity is a valid measuring stick. Philly / South NJ is a decent group, 8 or so actives, but I believe the others are larger.

Detroit / chicage leaves you closer to adepticon and gencon.

Mass and NJ puts you in templecon and warstore weekend range.

Looks like WSW was cancelled for this year, sadly.