Outcasts Book 3 Minon Summary (Spoiler).

Necromorph

Here's the Outcasts, feel free to add.

Lazarus-8ss

Construct, Looks like a Guardian with a big gatling grenade launcher. Cannot be hired by Guild crews. Nice melee and ranged attack with lots of blasts. Melee expert with a blasts trigger off of it's melee....niceee.

Lenny-7ss

A ht 2 Unique Gremlin. Has the same "discard or recieve slow" mechanic that the flesh construct does. H2W and immune to paralyze. Pitiful and stubborn. He gives friendly gremlins armor when he's around. His melee weapon is Whackin Stick, and his ranged attack is Whacked Piglet...i'll let you work that image out in your mind, haha.

McTavish-6ss

A hunter with a pet 'Gator. May be hired by gremlins, has stubborn and hunter. His rifle gets + against beasts and nightmares, which i found interesting and has a built in crit. Also has shrug off and an obey that targets beasts, pigs, etc.

Sue-7ss

A boy named Sue, yep, Johnny Cash themed gunslinger with a flaming 6-string on his back. Most of his abilities are named after Cash songs including: Hurt, a card draw for wounds mechanic, Circle of Flames, an aura that does dg and hands out burning counters, and Tread the Line, makes friends unable to have their controler changed or have their activation influenced. Awesome model with 1 downside, he can't be hired into crews with Ruthless models, so you won't be fielding him with Von Schill, Convicts, etc. *grumble grumble*

Ten Thunders Brother-5ss

Misaki gets some friends! No really, they can companion with Misaki. They are similar to ronin in function. The have a bonus to defensive stance, melee expert and Run Through. They have a variety of nasty triggers including a slow, +dg flips, and a df trigger that applies defensive stance. They also have a (0) that lets them pick a martial arts style...most of which are defensive, but not too bad.

Hodgepodge Effigy-4ss

Can be hired by neverborn like the rest. Aetheric Connection is nice, and when you use a joker it gets shuffled back into your deck. Decent melee atack with a trigger that lets you pick 1 of 4 things to apply to the attack, and a couple other abilities that have to do with manipulating Jokers when they come up. Looks like one of the better effigies at a glance.

Edit: McTavish has a Gator not a Croc, identifying-animals Fail.

Edited by Necromorph

Lenny-7ss

A ht 2 Unique Gremlin. Has the same "discard or recieve slow" mechanic that the flesh construct does. H2W and immune to paralyze. Pitiful and stubborn. He gives friendly gremlins armor when he's around. His melee weapon is Whackin Stick, and his ranged attack is Whacked Piglet...i'll let you work that image out in your mind, haha.

Sounds like he'll make a good screener for the typical "gremlin patrol" for Som'er; usually a Whisperer or Taxidermist followed by a Slop Hauler or 2 and their associated pigs. What kind of Wd stat are we looking at with Hard to Wound? Also, any additional details on the area and potency of his Armor buff to gremlins?

McTavish-6ss

A Croc hunter with a pet Crocodile. May be hired by gremlins, has stubborn and hunter. His rifle gets + against beasts and nightmares, which i found interesting and has a built in crit. Also has shrug off and an obey that targets beasts, pigs, etc.

What does his pet Crocodile do? Seems like he'll mostly be another utility buffer with some decent ranged, ya?

You know, haven't had a spot to mention the Ten Thunders Brothers elsewhere yet, but for 5 points, I'm really looking forward to fielding some of those. Now I'm REALLY wondering if Misaki will get a Henchman upgrade in the next book, which would be awesome. More Ninjas in Malifaux would definitely NOT be a bad thing. :)

They're pretty solid little models, and they've got a cool interaction with Defensive Stance and one of their triggers or something. More defensive than the Ronin, but probably about as versatile overall.

Is Von Schill the only "master" that gets no specific love??? I guess that is ok since his crew was already the most flushed out in Book 3 (relative to the other Henchman). TTBs sounded like male Ronin, which is not a terribly bad thing, but not having seen the book not sure where I would plug them in yet. Lazarus sounds like he might find a home in my Von Schill crew though if he is a little blast happy (or if he has any decent spells).

Lazarus has no spells. He just has a trigger than produces fixed dg3 blasts off his melee. He's kinda simple but he is Immune to Influence, he can Assimilate like Hoffman and can (0) for a healing flip...he's pretty solid. Since Von Schill can't use Sue, he is the next best thing to add at this point, and should be damn good considering he can't blast your 'Korps on accident, haha. He also has armor 1 that can't be ignored, evasive 2 and Fully Automatic (2) like ryle.

Lenny-7ss

his ranged attack is Whacked Piglet...i'll let you work that image out in your mind, haha.

So you missed the coolest part about it, aside from him playing homerun derby with pigs, is that when it hits a model that model can now be targeted by swine dashes even if it is not the closest model

Is Von Schill the only "master" that gets no specific love??? I guess that is ok since his crew was already the most flushed out in Book 3 (relative to the other Henchman). TTBs sounded like male Ronin, which is not a terribly bad thing, but not having seen the book not sure where I would plug them in yet. Lazarus sounds like he might find a home in my Von Schill crew though if he is a little blast happy (or if he has any decent spells).

Nah, looks like Hamelin also is missing out (dont have the book though, so just going off rumors)

Is Lenny's Cb rating any better than normal Gremlins (4)? Also, does granting armor to nearby Gremlins require an action, or is it constant?

I'm pretty sure it requires an action. Also he is great with Ophelia, he's ht2. He has synergies with both pigs and gremlins and is an overall great model. He is what I'm most excited about in the whole book as far as new models are concerned.

Hamelin cannot hire a model with Soulless and Construct, since he is forbidden from hiring Constructs. Disabling rules trump enabling rules in hiring your crew. Same reason why you cannot hire Steampunk Arachnids with him: the disabling rule (no Constructs) trumps the enabling one (may hire any Ht 1).

Also analogous with Hamelin the Ratcatcher in a Viktoria crew: he is allowed to bring any Ht 1 model, but Viktorias limit him to Mercenary models only.

-Ropetus

Crooligans will be really good for Hamelin though plus they really fit well. Thier kids so fit in well with the Stolen theme. What they bring to the table also seems like it would support Hamelin and give you something of a bit more varied playstyle.

Do you think the addition of Crooligans will make him a little less boring to play?

Edit: I'm keep thinking about starting a Hamelin crew but his reputation in my local area (which I could fight against) and his monotonous playstyle have to date put me off.