Mindless Zombies

I have just finished painting a Nicodem crew but have yet to play it.

At the moment I only have 3 Mindless Dead and if there was a second blister available with three different sculpts I'd get it.

As there isn't I'm going to see how I get on with just the three before I go ahead and buy anymore.

I was also thinking of buying a blister of Crooked Men, chop them around some so they don't get confused with regular Crooked Men, and use them as additional Mindless Dead.

I'm also in the dilemma of how to get differing Mindless Zombies. I'm thinking of making three bases with just grasping arms and hands coming from the ground. If Wyrd ever releases a second pack of MZs (please please please) I can use the grasping hands as objective markers or something.

I use about 6...I managed 12 in a game but that was rare.

I advise not buying the actual MZs because it's 15$ a pop for three.

You can usually get these Warhammer ones (or something) for 30$ and you get 20 of them instead. Just slap a 30mm on them and order a few MZ cards and you're golden.

I play Nico almost exclusively and I did this to save money.

Reanimating almost all the Undead models has it's downsides too!

Who needs Arise? They pop out of your Decays. :P

But if the rumours about Nicodem's avatar are true, you may need more Mindless Zombies. I'm considering raising up my contingent to 9 bodies.

Yeh, the scant information we have so far makes me think his Avatar is going to suck though. Having an absolute ton of insignificant models with stats so low they can barely hit is not incredibly different from having three or four models of the same. I was kind of hoping his avatar would turn mindless zombies into models with good stats, not just make more of them. Who knows, maybe he does. Maybe his aura goes up to +4s and adds 1 to their damage line so they might actually be of some use :P

Depends on how easy it is for him to Reanimate stuff. And lots of Mindless Zombies seriously limits opponents movement options too. You can easily ruin his day if you blot enough space to prevent his summons' date=' placements and replacements.[/quote']

You want to use models that take up 1.1 square inches to take up sapce on a 1300 square inch board? I'm not sure how viable that is unless he summons a few hundred at a time...

You want to use models that take up 1.1 square inches to take up sapce on a 1300 square inch board? I'm not sure how viable that is unless he summons a few hundred at a time...

Heh, most summons, places and replaces require base contact to something (typically before you remove it). If there's no place in base contact, the summon fails. If you have a 1v1 melee combat situation, you need just 2~3 Mindless Zombies (depending on terrain) to stop a summon/placement effect. In a crowd a well placed single Zombie can make your opponent cry.

Currently it is impossible to do it on time - opponent gets his activation in between, you need to waste your AP for something which is of little value and rarely works.

In an aura however Mindless Zombie would arise immediately the moment a model dies, with no activations in between. If it still works as it does now, which means Nicodem places the Zombie anywhere within 6" of himself, you have a chance to place it exactly where you want it, during your opponent's activation as well as during your minions' moves. (As long as Nico is nearby, but he needs to be nearby for his aura to work, right?).

Yeh, the scant information we have so far makes me think his Avatar is going to suck though. Having an absolute ton of insignificant models with stats so low they can barely hit is not incredibly different from having three or four models of the same. I was kind of hoping his avatar would turn mindless zombies into models with good stats, not just make more of them. Who knows, maybe he does. Maybe his aura goes up to +4s and adds 1 to their damage line so they might actually be of some use :P

Well, seeing as he can pop them out like candy and can enhance them into decent attackers for a (0) and (1) action, and then still has the ability to create potentially 3 punk zombies with just another (1) action.... I don't think he's going to suck.

Only potential risk I see is if things die outside of his 6" range of Restless dead. Those corpse counters become useless to him. I guess you could bring the embalmer lol.

He's wont suck, but he still has some really hard counters. Elite, low model count crews (Mercs for example) will not feed him enough counters, and he'll rely on making them with his (0). Things that can stop corpse counters from being dropped...there are some guild abilities that do this, but more importantly, Hamelin.

His artwork just looks damn amazing thought, and when you really get that zombie engine running, I can't imagine how fun it would be to march a whole tide a zombies into someone, lol.