Puppet avatars...who?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone esle think the best thing about Wyrd is the fact that we can actually have fun with the head honchos of the company? Brings me back to my "sabertooth games" days

That is very true, also reminds me of when I first got into wargaming back in the 80s. My Gods I feel old saying that! Seriously though, it's nice to see a company with a forum with this level of human interaction and fun.

Anyone esle think the best thing about Wyrd is the fact that we can actually have fun with the head honchos of the company? Brings me back to my "sabertooth games" days

It is very true, even PP is a little standoffish, it is great to see EricJ, Nathan et al get involved and having a sense of humour.

Maybe an ode will earn favor...

Ode on Puppets

No, no, go not to stage

Proxy in miniature, parody of life

Filled with such hatred and rage

Face the hard streets of strife.

Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff

No child seeks your embrace

What master’s hand controls your fate?

Is cloth, thread and yarn enough

To contain the horror that you face

Or is it already far far too late?

Can needle and thread sew dissent?

Does a stitch in time save nine?

And what if the nine are not heaven sent

On a purpose far less than divine?

The pin is truly master of the sword

In a world of twisted reflection

No heart to pierce or blood to shed

Unlife bound by mystic cord

No feelings offer distraction

Some things are better off dead.

Maybe an ode will earn favor...

Ode on Puppets

No, no, go not to stage

Proxy in miniature, parody of life

Filled with such hatred and rage

Face the hard streets of strife.

Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff

No child seeks your embrace

What master’s hand controls your fate?

Is cloth, thread and yarn enough

To contain the horror that you face

Or is it already far far too late?

Can needle and thread sew dissent?

Does a stitch in time save nine?

And what if the nine are not heaven sent

On a purpose far less than divine?

The pin is truly master of the sword

In a world of twisted reflection

No heart to pierce or blood to shed

Unlife bound by mystic cord

No feelings offer distraction

Some things are better off dead.

That is seriously good mate. It has been put together extremely well, and you managed to capture the horror and despairation of Malifaux completely in my opinion. I think I am going to have to go and work on a bette rhyme.

That is very true, also reminds me of when I first got into wargaming back in the 80s. My Gods I feel old saying that! Seriously though, it's nice to see a company with a forum with this level of human interaction and fun.

I remember back when you could get personal responses from Jervis Johnson (GW for those too young to remember) on the old Newsgroups.

It's nice to see companies with that personal touch, and I enjoy these forums for that reason.

Right, I am obviously not going to do a better poem than Iron Chief, so I will go crude and rude with a dirty limerick (really hope this doesn't get me banned :S)

The once was a man from the grave

Lady J's big assets he did crave

He tried for a touch

He managed a clutch

before she sent him back to the grave

I remember back when you could get personal responses from Jervis Johnson (GW for those too young to remember) on the old Newsgroups.

It's nice to see companies with that personal touch, and I enjoy these forums for that reason.

Jervis still does send out personal replies now and then, but he's to busy to do it like he used to. He actually tried to personally respond to everyone that sent in results for their first worldwide Summer campaign back in the mid 90s but he knew it was a fools errand.

Sadly the rest of GW has become very out of touch with its fan base :(

no sense of humor, this is about building an army to take over!! HAHAHAAHHAAAAAA :D

Will this be Wyrd's Miniatures official statement concerning their sales and marketing policy.

Would make a great advert, Eric slowly breaking into an evil and maniacal laugh as a back wall made entirely of Puppet War boxes, disappears as a number next to a $ sign multiplies at a huge rate.

Make it happen people!

OMG! purifying flame! I guess that makes me Madarcanist's bitch! thank you very much, I did a little happy dance when I saw this. You are only going to encourage me to make up more dirty limericks! Guess I have to go and order Sonnia's boxed set, purifying flame and a few more guild bits. It will provide a cool contrast with my Arcanists as well.