I Finished One!

EricJ

It's been a long time since I finished painting a miniature, so I figured I'd actually put photos up to prove it happened. On the bright side I now have a brand new paint setup which really inspires me to paint more, as it's portable, convenient, and simply makes painting more fun. In fact I've already started work on a crew...hopefully I'll post a full crew of minis soon :D

Miss-Pack.jpg

Great, even Eric beat me to the finish line. I won't get a model finished until mid May :(

But great work nevertheless, love the dress and the hair especially. You didn't happen to use your Series 7 no.1 for it? And do tell what your new set up is, I could do with a boost to my workflow... once I'm able to.. start... flowing. Yeah.

it's all done with Series 7 miniature range, size 1. Paints are all P3s

My new setup is actually a paint tray, made of metal, all my paints, tools, water cup, etc... have rare earth magnets attached, so I can literally take it anywhere, then store it away quickly and everything is stuck down hard so no fear of losing anything. My old setup was at my computer desk, and since Wyrd work is basically non-stop, every time I tried to paint there, I would get distracted and get nothing done.

it's all done with Series 7 miniature range, size 1. Paints are all P3s

My new setup is actually a paint tray, made of metal, all my paints, tools, water cup, etc... have rare earth magnets attached, so I can literally take it anywhere, then store it away quickly and everything is stuck down hard so no fear of losing anything. My old setup was at my computer desk, and since Wyrd work is basically non-stop, every time I tried to paint there, I would get distracted and get nothing done.

My set up was initially going to be my computer desk, but currently there is a spare desk in a vacant bedroom in my term time address so I'll probably set up there. The emptiness should also help to focus me. I might have to work out a more portable set-up (currently have GW's wooden paint station) for when I go home though as there's little to no space to set up. Maybe a folded desk of sorts...

I can imagine a very cruel joke for using a metal tray, paint it with matallic paint and as you apply that final wash to your dear LCB the metallic pigment catches onto your brush and once brush meets model the damage is done. It wouldn't work, but it'd be funny for anyone foolish (and malicious) enough to try

i'll get chompy done, and I'll post more progress on him, as it happens...just had to get the rust knocked off a little before tackling the big guy :D

I have been eagerly anticipating seeing the finished Lord Chompy Bits since you started him at GenCon last year. This is amazing though (and makes me want those damn Morgue bases even more now, thanks Eric).

Lovely work as always Eric, its enough motivation and inspiration to get mine done but I think I will go for raven black hair. Just a quick question is what other colours did you use in the make up of the skin as I really like what you did there.