Any questions or criticism of the fluff?

nerdelemental

How is Zoraida viewed by the general human populace? Obviously she hangs out at her hut in the Bayou, but her interactions with Viktoria would indicate that she also visits the city to play the role of a fortune teller. Is that what she's mostly known for, and are there any groups that recognise her as an enemy, ie. a Neverborn threat?

And what about the Gremlins? Her rules would suggest that she's pretty apt at manipulating them. Is she someone the gremlins are afraid of? Or is she viewed more as an ally, friend or even some kind of myth or goddess?

I was tempted to answer with a smiley.

I think that all of the Neverborn are going to be a bit more enigmatic than others and I try to leave a bit of wiggle room for interpretation and speculation for them all. Zoraida even more than the other NB masters. Gremlins, too, won't ever be completely spelled out. That said, the next book you all see will have some pretty solid Zoraida love. If I don't see a complete thread dedicated to "OMG!!!11!!! Zoraida in fluff!!!!11!!!" I'll be kinda disappointed.

Regarding her relationship with gremlins:

first this: :)

but then: it's a stronger connection than might be guessed, but one that's not terribly hard to imagine, either.

Killjoy

Who killed him?

Who brought him back

And why

Yeah. Really.

my question involves the unique mercs other then the vicks i cant think of people like misaki, taelor, and hans showing up will they get some face time in the storys to come or just little mentions here and there?

Wish there was the space to devote to every character. Time will tell. Of those you just named, though: at least one will find a showcase in the next arc. ;)

I got a few questions...

How many live in Malifaux as of now ?

Are there other citys in the world of Malifaux, or is Malifaux the only real big city ?

Does people know how to fly in any way.

1. Lots. But we've never set it down. But it's getting more and more populated all the time and look at this snippet I've got from Keltheos:

[...]the City is much larger than that era London. It's a massively sprawling thing that stretches much further than London was at the time. It's supposed to be something that would take literally years to explore in its entirety.

2. The only one the humans have found. ;) See below, too!

3. Kaeris?

Seeing as Malifaux is the only major city known of so far. Do all the known breaches happen around the major breach on the Earthside. Or do they happen all over the world but all lead to the general vacinity of Malifaux.

There is only one known breach. The others close down shortly after they're popped open or send people into the Twilight Zone. Even the great Breach would close if not for some constructs holding it open. They might pop up anywhere I suppose.

Oh! Oh! Let me do this one!!!

Here goes:-

:)

(how'd I do? Did I nail it?!)

Close, but you need a snap of the wrist at the end and then you go, "Boom, baby!" You missed that part.

/crosses fingers

I also hope there will be more fluff about Levi. Hell, his description in the Outcasts section has more info that his storyline appearance does. I wan't to know more about his "less legal" operations. :nod:

:)

Edited by nerdelemental

Gremlin doubles I would like to see

Gremlin rotten belle

*giggles* the Goblin version of Seamus and his belles would be utterly hilarious. Oversized Tophat,a Pistol as big as he is. Dead goblin hookers shambling around...I would totally play that army.

I did up a homebrew Gremlin Debutante that would fit this niche perfectly. She had great abilities such as "Good from Afar" and "Far from Good" not to mention the spells "Looker", "Flirt" and "Flash". So much fun to play with.

Jack Daw: You'd expect us to say 'something else', eh? I'll have to use Nerd's :) to answer that one. There's more on Jack to come, believe me. Let's just say there wouldn't have been a second opening of the Breach without Jack.

Thank you and thats got me thinking even more especially considering two of his abilities being the betrayer and betrayed and that it also affects the :masks suit

The Gremlins were either spawned by Zoraida, or were cursed to become Goblins by Zoraida, or well, they're part of the ur-Natives.

I feel that those who lived in Malifaux before were more or less humans, and they changed, through the Tyrants' actions, through their own advanced science, and through the opening of the gateway to the other dimension they opened to kick out the Tyrants.

You know what I thought of when I read about the prehistory of Malifaux? The pre-history of The Wheel of Time series, about the technology based society they had before they opened the Bore. Also, Gene Wolfe, etc.

I was interested in how the way Earthside is described changed from using actual names in book one, to using euphemisms in in Rising Powers, so The King's Empire rather than England or the British Empire, or the Three Kingdoms as opposed to China. What was the rationale for that? I found it a little jarring, i'm not sure how others felt though, it may just be me.

I was interested in how the way Earthside is described changed from using actual names in book one, to using euphemisms in in Rising Powers, so The King's Empire rather than England or the British Empire, or the Three Kingdoms as opposed to China. What was the rationale for that? I found it a little jarring, i'm not sure how others felt though, it may just be me.

I thought it was an elegant way to make it known that this "world" in which Malifaux and Earthside exist is not the world you and I live in, and is a fantasy world based loosely on real life history/culture, but only loosely.

The Three Kingdoms part is especially nice, as continuing to call it China would be very annoying to players who see a girl from the "Three Kingdoms" called by a name obviously Japanese in origin*, use the occasional Chinese vocabulary in speech and wear cloths referred to as Kimono (Japanese) but looking a bit more like Hanbok (Korean).

*and a bit cheesy to boot (paging Ms. "Hate PeaceCountry"), though without the characters present, there are an unknown number of other possible translations...

Actually, the mix of China-Japan-Korea in Miss Kirai makes me wonder about the status of the Three Kingdoms.

Earthside, what happened?

Does the history of "Earthside" closely match our actual history (Dark Ages, Pax Romana, Ming Dynasty, Mongol invasions, etc...) or are there major changes, such as China, Japan, and Korea being united as the Three Kingdoms?

If, the Three Kingdoms are infact CJK (China/Japan/Korea), and not simply a reference to the ancient history Chinese period of warring states, then will it be possible to get more information on how this occurred, which of the three is in dominance, are the three more or less separate (ie: highly mingled where "Three Kingdoms" is just a term for their historical origins, or not very mingled at all, where "Three Kingdoms" actually refers to the political makeup of an alliance, possible loose).

Based on Kirai, I'm guessing the Three Kingdoms are more mingled together than a loose alliance would suggest. There is a possibility of 3 ruling kings on a council (or similar powersharing set up), but it seems like the lower classes are highly mingled to share language, clothing, culture, etc...

Basically, please give more information about the Three Kingdoms in Malifaux.

Edited by Cats Laughing