Thor ..

I am cautiously anticipating these two.

Idea: Great

Potential: High

Probability of Tanking-as-Hard-as-Superman-Returns: High

But if they pull it off... Man!

I don't know about the chance of it tanking... Marvel have got a pretty firm hold on these, and if Iron Man and The Hulk are anything to go by they should be fine.

The only way I can see them tanking is if Thor is too obscure for the mainstream cinema going public and if Captain America flops outside the US.... or possibly comic book movie fatgue.

I did like when Bucky took the Mantel of Cap. The bit where he threw the shield and then shot the guys in the knee cap while they watched it was epic.

I will admit I'm not the biggist comic reader, but I will say one thing

In brightest day,

In darkest knight,

The new Green lantern film looks mighty fine?

(I'm a bad poet)

Any other Superheros people want see in films

I wanna see Zatanna or Etrigan

I admit I haven't read any comic with them in, but several cartoons Zatanna and manny more with Etrigan and I love the pair of them (Zatanna also looks at lot Colette)

(3D in general can just go back where it came from for the most part).

I am okay with 3-D at the movie theater if its done well. What I am tired of is all this 3-D at home crap. How come in a theater I can put on cheap plastic glasses and it works great but when I go home I need to buy a TV that costs thousand dollars more, plus glasses that are battery powered and cost 100 bucks for a pair and in the end have it look worse then at the movie theater.

Something is fishy there.

But honestly you can't say 3-D is a nail in any caskets since just about everything is coming out in 3-D now. And it can be done well(Avatar did look amazing, I saw How to Train your Dragon and Mega Mind in 3-D and they both were fun). Already got my tickets to go see Tron tomorrow in 3-D too :)

I am okay with 3-D at the movie theater if its done well. What I am tired of is all this 3-D at home crap. How come in a theater I can put on cheap plastic glasses and it works great but when I go home I need to buy a TV that costs thousand dollars more, plus glasses that are battery powered and cost 100 bucks for a pair and in the end have it look worse then at the movie theater.

Something is fishy there.

But honestly you can't say 3-D is a nail in any caskets since just about everything is coming out in 3-D now. And it can be done well(Avatar did look amazing, I saw How to Train your Dragon and Mega Mind in 3-D and they both were fun). Already got my tickets to go see Tron tomorrow in 3-D too :)

The reason is they work in different ways. 3-D at the cinema works with polarized light. If you know any Physics you will know that you have 2 images one with the light waves osculating horizontally, the other vertically. The glasses have a fine grill that only allows one type of light through. If you took the two lenses off and put them over each other no light would come through. If you rotated them 90 degrees you would be able to see stuff through them as the grills are now aligned.

TV 3-D flashes the 2 images one after the other. L-R-L-R-L-R-L-R etc. The glasses flicker between transparent and opaque so each eye sees only one type of frame. I think they use Crystals which go opaque when a current flows through them, much like a LCD.

A Cinema can use the first technique as all they do is project 2 separate images through 2 separate polarizing gels. A TV can't radiate polarized light so it has to use the second less effective method.

I actually knew all that. My point was that I got spend a lot more money for an inferior technique.

or you could wait a year and let suckers weed out the bugs until they become good.

Personally I think Avatar looked great in 3D. Thought the actual movie was average (much as I expected). I wish inception had been 3D, I think the corridor scene would have kicked arse for the lord.

I wanna see Zatanna or Etrigan

*looks over shoulder for sneaky girlfriend*

I could watch Zatanna's legs all day. Etrigan on the other hand? I'm not sure if I could stand a full feature length film of his rhyming shenanigans.

There was a really great Batman/Etrigan cross over where some very nasty demons get awoken underneath Arkham asylum and Etrigan is in it, but not enough to make him that annoying (he's mostly in human form).

I'm gonna watch Thor and Cpt America, but I'm not going to expect either of them to be very good. Especially Thor. That way, if they manage to be even mediocre I'll be impressed.