Is everything too good?

Chucklemonkey

Serious question. Are people having difficulty in deciding what to collect and what not?

It was difficult enough in Book 1 but from the sounds of Book 2 even the 1 faction I wasn't totally sold on, arcanist, have a master and henchman which sound fantastic.

In every other miniature game I have played I have generally only been drawn to one or two factions whereas it seems every faction here have at least one - usually 2 or 3 - masters/crews which I seem drawn to.

Granted I have not received my book 2 yet and I may be disappointed when I actually get it, but so far it seems unlikely.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or does everyone else know the direction their purchases are heading?

I made the conscious decision to specialize in the Rezzer faction for this very reason. If I didn't, I'd have more crews than I'd know what to do with. There's just too much hawtness. Wyrd needs to take a serious look at what they're doing, maybe release a few sub-standard, downright terrible sculpts. How are we expected to cope with this, otherwise?

Wyrd needs to take a serious look at what they're doing, maybe release a few sub-standard, downright terrible sculpts. How are we expected to cope with this, otherwise?

LOL. Agreed!

Personally, I can't say that I'm having a hard time deciding on what to collect -- I want it all!!!

Seriously though, I know how you feel as I feel the exact same way. Every faction is pure awesome sauce in terms of rules and minis.

Yep. It's killing me. So much great stuff, I only get to play one night a week - I already can't play with everything I own - and now I have to get more stuff.

Including things I KNOW I shouldn't care for. In almost 15 years (my entire gaming "career") I have never wanted any undead-type thing and even in Malifaux I wanted nothing to do with the Ressers - then they come up with Kirai and her asian spirits and now I'll be playing an "undead" crew.

Curse you Wyrd and all of your greatness!!!!

Yeah... That's the problem with me. Book one I was basically drawn to Nicodem, Some'er and Leveticus, but book 2....

I want Ophelia, Hoffman, Kirai, Lucius, Molly, and dreamer.

Crap.

I'm gonna have to slim that down a bit.

Dreamer's the top of my list, but I ordered Kirai and Ophelia to sate myself until the little guy comes out...

Yup, everything looks great. I actually had to stop myself from getting Nicodem as a 2nd Rezzer Master due to the new stuff coming out and the high price to buy all the Undead you need for him. If I did that, my wife would poison me in my sleep.

I guess I will just stick with the Guild for now(non constructs), a few choice purchases from the Rezzers(Molly!), and man those Friekorps look like awesome!

I also have to concern myself with keeping up with Warhammer Invasion, building my Infinity Rapid Response French list, and Helldorado as well.

Check the sig, seriously, and I've only been playing 3 months. I've edited it everyday this week in fact I need to go upgrade Lady J from in box to cleaned up.

Right now my focus is building up brawl crews. That was the reason for my recent purchases or Zoraida and Lady Justice as well as the Waldgeists, Voodoo doll, molemen, december acolyte, canine remains and haemlin(minion).

I'm waiting till book 2 is in my hao nds before prioritizing any more stuff. Oh, and I want to field Leveticus eventually.

Edited by Hand_of_Vecna

Yeah, between the "I just want to paint that" and the flexibility of the "choose a faction" tournament style, I'm probably going to end up buying most of the models eventually.

Haha, yep, that's exactly where I'm at. I picked up LCB just for that reason. I'm not sure if I'm gonna play Neverborn at all, but dang, I seriously want the Nightmare LCB on my shelf. :)

Check the sig, seriously, and I've only been playing 3 months. I've edited it everyday this week in fact I need to go upgrade Lady J from in box to cleaned up.

Speaking of your sig.....how'd you get the words centered with the images??

I'm looking forward to adding a few more Masters to my sig in the coming months. I've only been playing for about 2 months, so that's why I've only got the Viks so far.

Eric and the team are doing a fantabulous job. i too started out thinking I would just pick up one thing and try to stick with it (picked Outcasts since pretty much no one at more store was doing that faction), but now I'm quite certain I'll end up playing Arcanists (already have Collette and might pick up Ramos) and quite possibly Guild (Hoffman...love those Constructs).

Too much to choose from! But I like the idea of having a few different options for tournaments. I'd love to participate at GenCon next year, rather than just swing by and watch for a few minutes.

I specialized myself in the rezzers like the second post Guy. But my willpower stat is only a 2, so the Wyrd team sent out Pandora to play tricks with my mind, and wam bam thank you mam, I own just about every model. Its a shame and a privilege at the same time, just because the models are beautiful and the game has the best mechanic I've played so far..............No dice. So ya its hard to just pick one, but then again, what can we do? Wyrd is bent on a global takeover, and that's fine by me. LOL

I just bought my 3rd crew box and I havent even had my first game yet. I will by tomorrow but ... thats just silly.

LOL, I'm not much ahead of you. I've officially played 2 games so far, and will now have 3 Masters as soon as my stuff arrives in the mail, with probably another 1-2 being bought in the next couple months.

Perdita was my first glance to the game, until i saw sommer, but then saw ophelia and decide she was my first option, then ramos, my wife liked zoraida and tina, but then she saw baby kade and she decided for pandora and she told me that because of my Magic the gathering playstyle i should get zoraida wich i did, so we order 4 crews, zoraida, ramos, tina and pandora, then she heard about marcus hiring all kinds of beasts and she want him (but not before Colette) im still waiting for ophelia with a dark intention of secretly ask for nicodem, then i decided that someone has to put order to our chaotic game table (lots of parties between arc and neverborn) so i decided for lady j, but then reading the book 2 spoilers i definetly want hamelin ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! where was i??????:blowup: