Waldgeist pic in the May releases

Slinkdawg

Just saw the Waldgeist in the May releases on the front page. Not exactly what I was expecting.

However, the model does look pretty cool. Probably cooler than the evil ent / evil wizard of Oz / evil zelda link to the past tree I was thinking of.

Will be fun to bring one of these guys with the ole Lilith crew.

I'm thinking he'll also be great in a Zoraida crew as a replacement to baby kade. The Waldgeist is a tad faster and arguably more durable as well, thanks to armour 2. The potential damage output is a a bit less than Kade, but unlike Kade he doesn't need to rely on triggers for that high damage.

On a table with forest terrain the Waldgeist is definitely the better choice over Kade. Without forests, I'd still consider taking him if I was facing certain Masters (eg. Ramos, Rasputina, Sonnia all have ways of getting around Kade's high Df to hurt him)

Packing them in a 2 pieces blister is a little awkward. I mean, the Waldgeist is not a Canine Remains or other sort of cheap spam model. I don't want to use more than 1 in a game. :-fate to Wyrd for this "trick".

Anyway the models are cool indeed.

Packing them in a 2 pieces blister is a little awkward. I mean, the Waldgeist is not a Canine Remains or other sort of cheap spam model. I don't want to use more than 1 in a game. :-fate to Wyrd for this "trick".

Anyway the models are cool indeed.

The fact that there are two unique looking models might be the reason for the two pack and $16.50 is not a wallet killer.

Two in a pack... Really, when you think of it, most likely crews for the waldgiest exist in are likely to Marcus or Zoraida and really two isn't overload.

I have a feeling that powers that be have designed these "Forrest Spirits" to work best with wilderness themed crews. I mean, add one to your other Neverborn lists (or whatever) but if it is the case of a design decision then two of these guys would be a great inclusion to wilderness type of crews.