I'm glad this game is easy on the wallet!

Like the title says I'm addicted to this game and find it hard not to buy more and more crews. Luckily this game is so much cheaper than 40k! I've spent less than I'd spend on half a 40k army and have got loads of viable and different crews and none of the looking at a huge pile of models that have to be painted in a uniform same pallete scheme.

That and the layers of tactics that keep me thinking and tweaking my approach to the game and my other games as a byproduct.

I concur.

I have still found myself spending as much a month as I did before but it feels better to me as I get more completed. (I always bought my armies over a relatively long period of time)

My enjoyment of the game system has also meant that I have started to ebay my GW stuff, allowing me plenty for new crews and a little extra to keep the missus sweet...

Totally. One standard WHFB unit worth of Malifaux models nets you three viable crews, and each individual mini is a joy to paint ... unlike the brain numbing assembly line required to struggle through twenty-five near identical spearmen/warriors/whatever. Easy on the wallet, painting doesn't feel like work, deep strategy. No complaints.

This has generally been a nice change of pace from my normal minis experience, granted I've been only into it for what would be going on a year now, I've played play 40k otherwise. And the change of pace is going from playing Orks (who's only decision is who do I krump first) to playing Ramos and Sonnia (and who can lay the most hurt down on me).

Its defiantly been a breather on my wallet, mainly because I've become so effective at what I wanna play that I only need to buy so much. Plus I figure this will be a good game to get my g/f into, I'm just waiting on her Lady J box to come in and then the fun begins

I know that i got sucked in after a 40k tourney with a simple.. "oh hey look... playing cards?"

If only I had known how far the rabbit hole went. I've infected 2 others in a week with Malifaux, and it's catching faster... should someone call the CDC?

Hell. Just tell potentials that "Yeah, there's zombie hookers" and BAM you've got new players.

At least ... that's how it went with me.

I'm complex.

Ummm....forget the CDC. Someone call the FBI.

Must admit having Jack the Ripper and Zombies mixed in to one crew is pretty cool if not right out twisted.

Well I went from "this could be a cool distraction from all my warhammering" to "HOLY CRAP I GOTTA GET THEM ALL!!?!!?!". I'm up to four crews now - the only things stopping me from buying more right now (Maaarcuss...I neeeed yooouu....) is the need to get them painted and the prospect of yet more crews/models with the release of Book 2. Hell, the only reason I'm still playing 40k is an interstate tournament I've already committed to going to. :rolleyes:

I brought a few friends over to play a game with proxies and it was like "wow, these rules are pretty cool! Let's crack open this Nicodem box and see what the figures look l-ooooooooooohhhhhh......"

so yeah. I now own nearly the entire resser faction and six of my friends are painting. Plus look, I could have bought one 40k tank with the money I spent!