previews in chronicles V3

mattausten86

Very nice. I'm not crazy about the vulture totem, or at least about that picture of it. To me Nicodem's vulture looks much better. But I like pretty much everything else.

I'd be curious to see the names of all the sculptors who worked on these models. Some have a familiar style that I can't quite identify.

Very nice. I'm not crazy about the vulture totem, or at least about that picture of it. To me Nicodem's vulture looks much better. But I like pretty much everything else.

I'd be curious to see the names of all the sculptors who worked on these models. Some have a familiar style that I can't quite identify.

When they make it into the store the sculptors name is usually attached, however the common sculptors these days are Paul Muller, James van Shaik (sp?), and Steve Saunders. couldn't tell you exactly which ones are which though.

Kind of mixed reactions. First the negatives:

I too wish there was more than one Ronin sculpt, a friend of mine has been taking 3 of them at 35ss and it's explicitly a model that can summon more of its own kind so having at least two versions would be nice. I'd have liked it if Teddy's arms were not attached to his body. Not only is he less menacing, but the repose potential is much lower. I'm not yet convinced that the Young Nephalim really look like an in-between point from the Terror Tots to the Mature Nephalim. The left one looks too cherubim, and neither one looks very strong in melee or like they have enough wings to fly. Why are there three different models of The Hanged? It's not a cheap model where you're likely to run a bunch of them.

Now the positives:

Bette Noire looks great! I'm sure we'll all be seeing a lot of her. The one Ronin we have looks good too. All of the Totems look very good too, even though I did mistake the one for a Crooked Man initially. The mosquito looks decent, but doesn't actually look much like a mosquito. I guess that's the Abomination Engine? Whatever it is, it looks pretty good but it's not what I expected. The Cherub in particular looks much better than I'd though, I was having trouble visualizing how to pull him off but didn't really think of making him a bald-headed thug.

Yeah, I'll second the request for all three Hanged please!! People are missing that you could use one to make a Hanging Tree terrain piece; if you didn't wanna run all three models. I think they all look great!

My thoughts exactly!

I'll be buying at least one pack for terrain purposes. I may buy another for Leveticus shenanigans though.

Glad to here there will be additional Ronin models. If they all look as cool as the one shown, I will be very pleased.

I suppose one of the Hanged models could become another "special" model like the current female Gremlin, but it probably would be more helpful for terrain builders if all three came in a pack. With some conversion, they could also be used for additional Mindless Zombies.

On that note, will there be more than the 3 Mindless Zombies shown? I realize this may be a tall order due to company production capacity, but there are going to be tons of these things on the table (at least if things are going right), so it would be nice to have even more variety than usual. Probably not possible, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Only two out of the lot that I am not impressed with - Is the top middle fig supposed to be the Jackelope? If so, I am not impressed at all. I'll likely use my own version for casual play with my buds who don't mind proxies, maybe pick up the 'official' one for tournament play - or simply do without.

The 'bug' doesn't look much like a mosquito, either, as someone else mentioned. Perfectly logical that the Malifaux "version" would look different, but it just doesn't 'do' anything for me.

The rest of the figs, tho, look pretty darned cool. The Bete Noir (Woah, Black Betty, Bam-a-lam!) looks very good, as do the Hanged along with the rest!

Overall, a pretty nice wave, I'd say!

-Mort

Uhhhhh... no. That's the zombie chihuahua. Doesn't really look anything like a jackalope.

I didn't know there was a zombie chihuahua in the game, and so had the same thinking you did - it doesn't look anything like what I thought a jackelope would look like... then again, it's an imaginary critter, and I was under the impression that this wave of totems was the last, so thought that may have been it.

Thank you and WS for the clarrification! :)

-Mort

Very impressive stuff guys! But yes, where's the Guild love!?

Guild has a pretty high proportion of its stuff out already. Austringer, Peacebringer (which has art) guild guard and totems are all they are missing.

Looks like totems are coming out for everyone, and then neverborn, outcasts, and ressers are getting some love this time out. :) I'm sure there will be more arcanist and guild love before long, but you have a situation where there is an outcast master without a starter box because he's missing his vital totem, his main big baddy,and the minion nearly half of his spell creates. :) Neverborn are in a similar circumstance where a lot of their pieces just don't have models yet.