Guild Ortegas - first painting in 3 years

Pensfan

Those that know me, know I took a few years off from gaming. Of course that included painting as well. Thanks to Malifaux I am back in the game and loving it!

So this time around, I am changing my painting style. I used to spend 8+ hours on a fig painting it to painting event quality... yeah... no longer. I actually want to enjoy my painted figs on the table one day. So I am adopting a new style that will get them painted, look decent on the table top, and get me in the game more rather than chained to the painting desk.

So here goes!

ortegas.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic... will try to get some better ones at work later this week in our photo booth.

:)

Edited by Nathan Caroland

They're looking great. However, you are yet another in the long string of painters that has left the extra stick of dynamite out of Papa Loco's mouth. There's a dent in that stick of dynamite for a reason. Why must my PL be the only one showing up with all 3 of his sticks of dynamite? Why? :(

Nah, seriously, those are pretty cool. I really like the green for the gems on Perdita.

haha.. yeah I was trying to figure out where to put it, so I "strapped" it to his left shoulder. Put a touch of green stuff around it to look like a strap, and painted it there. In his mouth would have been PERFECT though...

hmmm... Might have to tear it off and see if I can do that.

haha

They're looking great. However, you are yet another in the long string of painters that has left the extra stick of dynamite out of Papa Loco's mouth. There's a dent in that stick of dynamite for a reason. Why must my PL be the only one showing up with all 3 of his sticks of dynamite? Why? :(

So THAT'S where it goes!

...scuttles away to fix model...

Old faces seem to be coming out of the woodwork with the release of Malifaux. It very very nice to see Pensfan again.

The Ortegas are looking nice and should serve you well.

Hell yeah.. nice to see you around here too r2-j1!! It's been a long time no doubt.

Not sure if I ever told you, your Taxi-Jacks back a few years ago are what inspired me to start pushing the boundaries of my own painting skills to where they are pretty decent today when I take the time to work on a "show piece". I still have a lot to work on to get to your level, but you pushed me in that direction.

Funny now I am pulling it back to get stuff on the game table instead of being chained to the painting table.

haha

Good to see you here man... this game is bringing out the finest gamers I know.

;)

I forgot when I put mine together and can't remember where it went. I just have him crazy-yelling now. YAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Not sure if I ever told you, your Taxi-Jacks back a few years ago are what inspired me to start pushing the boundaries of my own painting skills to where they are pretty decent today when I take the time to work on a "show piece". I still have a lot to work on to get to your level, but you pushed me in that direction.

;)

That's always nice to hear. The ol' Taxis are still my most recognized stuff, and I still have people telling me that they liked them and that they inspired them. They certainly made an impact on me and my evolving painting style, and it good to see they impacted some others in a small way also.