Games Day Entries

Hey all! I've put these up on CMON and my website, and realized I forgot to show them here. It's come to my attention that a lot of people don't put my name (Jessica Rich) to brushmistress. Anyhow, I entered a Bilbo Baggins, Masque of Slaanesh, and Forge World Krieg Commissar. Bilbo got honorable mentions, the Masque to Bronze and the Commissar took Silver. Meg (fieldarchy) and I spent a great deal of time hanging out in Charm City, and until today, I didn't realize I'd also talked for quite a while with LavronYar. It was a great day!!! Feeback is always appreciated. The photos as usual don't work for me, but that's something I'm still working on.:banghead:

bilbobaggins.jpg

masqueofslaanesh.jpg

commissardone.jpg

great stuff and deserving prizes .. That Masque is a bitch of a model to paint.. everything is either in a fold behind a fold is a fold and there is some awful surface sculpting that makes it tricky to get a good surface to paint on but you've done it great.. The commisar is a lovely looking piece as well.. Tip of the hat in your general direction madam.. And all this while crushing IP competitors left and right.... hurrah......

Thanks everyone for the comments & compliments!

@ Demonherald - yep, the Masque was nightmarish with folds and some either bad sculpting or blown mold syndrome....I'll never paint her again! I had someone write to say it looked like I spent more time on the commissar, but it actually took longer to "fix" the Masque with both paint and green stuff.

Well, you fixed it good!

Congrat's on the demons, the Commisar in particular is very impressive :cool: I like the Lord of the Rings winners but I'm surprised Bilbo didn't get in there I must admit, any chance chance of some pics of the base?

Did you get a chance to see the Cathay Guardsmen? was supposed to be one of the best ones there but got disqualified :(

Well, you fixed it good!

Congrat's on the demons, the Commisar in particular is very impressive :cool: I like the Lord of the Rings winners but I'm surprised Bilbo didn't get in there I must admit, any chance chance of some pics of the base?

Did you get a chance to see the Cathay Guardsmen? was supposed to be one of the best ones there but got disqualified :(

I'm not sure which model it was (the lighting is so hinky that sometimes it's difficult to pick out the truly amazing pieces), but I'm not surprised at the disqualification. A few years ago I took the gold in fantasy with a Cathay Ogre, but shortly after, an article was written in White Dwarf that I took to be a critisism aimed at me. GW said they were tightening up on their own mythos and that from here on out they didn't want to see Cathay models, specifically Cathay Ogres. I don't know why GW has a problem acknowledging their own background material, other than the fact that they don't currently make Cathay models for either fantasy or 40K, so they can't use a Golden Demon winner to advertise their product. Fortunately, there are supposedly big changes coming to GW from the upper levels on down, so maybe old background material will be more acceptable. At any rate, the Demons are always a toss-up on who will win. You just never really know.

On the Bilbo note, I'll post pics with a better shot of the base later this week.:)

• 2 weeks later...