Introductions Forum

Nathan Caroland

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everypony,

I am a new player from Germany (Munich it is - need more games to avoid Oktoberfest). A while ago I made a very short escapade into M2 but sticked to Infinity as the I was totally overwhelmed. Now, with M3 finally here I am going crazy about Malifaux. The rules are really well written, all the confussing stuff with the trillions of special rules on those hundreds of cards got totally streamlined aaaaand everybody gets a reset (I found it really hard to get into an active community). 
So, here is the story in general: Played some GW stuff about 20 years ago, left for Warma - which then got too annoying (learning Magic-like combo stuff each and every other month - serioulsy?) for me - and I finally found my miniature game in the world of the Human Sphere (Infinity, that is - skirmish, very interactive, purely tactical with list building not being a huge factor). 
And now I moved and found my old Perdita Crew. That made me take a look at the M3 rules and suddenly all went BANGWAZZINGABOOM!
Thanks, Wyrd for creating an obviously great game!

Here I am, now. Already invested way too much money (already got 7 crews, some of the stuff 2nd hand) and busy with building models and starting to paint my Rezzers. Next will be Neverborn and who knows what will rise and shine (in colors, hopefully), soon(tm)

The next big thing for me will be the German Masters - 5 games in 2 days... how is that supposed to work? Up to now, each single game takes me about 3-4 hours to finish 😱

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, Im Mike, 30, from the UK.

I've been playing Malifaux for a few months, but dont get many games in, hoping to play more!  I play Arcanists; Colette and Kaeris.

I have a smalltime painting service called MEMiniPainting, and am a volunteer demo runner for another game system, but have started making a demo set for Malifaux to get more of our community interested!

I hope to play more on Vassal, but preferably against some likewise newer players until I get a bit better! Ill also be on that discord group.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Jest, from WI
Started collecting the Wyrd miniatures because i liked the designs have have just begun to get into miniature painting but it would be a shame for my crews to go unused. am now wondering where i should go to start to learn how to play and get a few skirmish matches of Malifaux in, especially since local pickup games are a no go right now.
Have seen that Vassal seems to be the go to but i've never used it before, anyone willing to handhold a total newb?

• 1 year later...

Greetings from Germany,

My Name is Erich and im located in North-Rhine Westphalia...

I found my way to you Gals and Guys over quiet an detour.

One Competitor of Wyrd just started with an Publisher to bring his Minis into Supermarkets,

and while those seemed like an pretty bargain, the Story of that specific Universe didn't appealed to me.

After some Research [Google/Wargame/dark] i found out about Malifaux, what storywise were more my thing.

The evolution of the Minis is awesome! Where they came from, and where they are now detailwise.

I watched the forums for a few weeks now and im more then surprised how active it can get here.

So here i am, and hopefully more then an currious observer within time.

In terms of experience, i would call myself pretty much an bloddy beginner,

Starting to paint my first Malifaux Mini [as soon as it arrives] and hoping to find some people close by to get my crew

some experience.

So please bear with me if you see an post from me popping up which seems more then alien to you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ill_Response said:

I watched the forums for a few weeks now and im more then surprised how active it can get here.

If this is active, you should see the discords XD

Most of the discussions got poached and are held there now

1 hour ago, ill_Response said:

So please bear with me if you see an post from me popping up which seems more then alien to you

We've heard some alien stuff before, it comes with people just getting into faux so don't worry too much and post away

1 hour ago, fire5tone said:

If this is active, you should see the discords XD

Most of the discussions got poached and are held there now

We've heard some alien stuff before, it comes with people just getting into faux so don't worry too much and post away

thank you fire5tone for that hint, will check it out aswell

• Like 1

Hello, I made an account here to start participating in the painting competitions because they seemed cool.

Bought my first couple of boxes like 6 years ago and obsessively read the rules every so often until I finally got to start playing a few months ago.

I'm not sure if y'all have heard but this game is real good.

• Like 1