New to Bayou, just Bought Brewmaster

Aaron Martin

Hi All,

Im a new player, and after watching all the miniatures in the wyrd website, I decided to go bayou, specially brewmaster. I have bought only three boxes atm, so I dont have a lot of different lists to play. I asked for help to a friend of mine and he recommended this three:

• Brewmaster Core Box
  • Terror in a Barrel
  • Whiskey Golem

I have played only twice, with two games lost. :)

I am searching for sinergies and advices on the gameplay, and on the next miniatures that will be interesting to play with this master. I have read other topics and I saw that river monks are good for the cost. So they´re first on the list.

Thanks,

Regards,

On 11/5/2021 at 5:29 PM, Jesy Blue said:

You're next purchase needs to be Fermented River Monks! They are the staple in my crew builds

This. Or ask if your opponent will let you proxy them with Moon Shinobi, so you don't need yucky humans in your gremlin list.

My general experience with Brewmaster is that if you commit him to the fight before turn 3, he won't make it to turn 4. You also generally want a high SS cache to keep him alive.

Brewmaster is a bit annoying to collect in that his keyword is big and he kinda wants one Tanuki and one Akaname (possibly two but I've never felt the need) so if you can find someone to share those boxes with you it would be ideal. Tanuki should be easy to share with Ten Thunders players, though as one is lovely to have but three is just silly.

9 minutes ago, Rufess said:

They had the Limited version Tanuki during last year Black Friday sale, so you may be able to buy one this year.

Oh yeah! Good point!

Also, for @Aaron Martin, I feel that Brewmaster has a bit of a learning curve but rewards good play and is surprisingly versatile so a fine choice for starting Bayou. He also prefers staying in keyword for the most part so that kinda balances out some of the difficulty inherent to collecting his big keyword. I think that the only non-Tri-Chi model that I've used with Brewski is Trixiebelle and she's by no means mandatory.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Aaron Martin said:

Thanks all for the advices!!

I have now the monks ready for glue and paint. I am reading the cards an made a crew for the next game to test them:

• Brewmaster
  • Wesley
  • Fingers
  • Cooper Jones
  • Whiskey Gamin
  • Whiskey Golem
  • River Monk x3

Opinions? Akaname or Tanuki worth the ss cost?

Akanames are decent for their cost, you just don't want to bring them in every game. They're specially useful if you bring Cooper Jones to generate the scraps that she needs to summon.

Tanukis hand out some poison, which is usually good. Healing and focus can be really useful too, but they're not mandatory at all.