Sandeep Desai, Font of Magic

HomelessOne

6 hours ago, Adran said:

6 hours ago, Vatic said:

An academic can effetively use students of all to toss themself right? As they make Banasuva do it, but then target themselves (as they are within 1" of themself).

Sounds hilarious.

and also make banasuva charge first to reposition 

Edit: maybe the attack generated by the charge isnt from the academic but the elemental...

11 hours ago, Raising said:

true. and with melee attacks? if the elemental charge . does the generated melee attack comes from the elemental or the academic?

I don't think that anything automatically allows the LOS/Range to carry over to any subsequent actions, including :meleeaction from the charge, and any onslaught or similar attacks. I would probably say that those have to draw LOS/Range from the elemental because the permission to draw them from the acedemic has expired

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Do we know if Traits like Blocking count as effects on markers?

Please provide a human test subject that is claiming that "may ignore the effects of ... terrain Markers" does not include the effect "may ignore the terrain traits on ... terrain Markers".

6 minutes ago, solkan said:

Please provide a human test subject that is claiming that "may ignore the effects of ... terrain Markers" does not include the effect "may ignore the terrain traits on ... terrain Markers".

I saw someone bring up that the text box for Unaffected by Terrain didn't include impassible, blocking or destructible. Screenshot_20211010-160633.thumb.png.855518932645e4b8dd9af86985bd8a89.png

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 9:55 AM, Adran said:

I don't think that anything automatically allows the LOS/Range to carry over to any subsequent actions, including :meleeaction from the charge, and any onslaught or similar attacks. I would probably say that those have to draw LOS/Range from the elemental because the permission to draw them from the acedemic has expired

Range and LOS are measured from the academic during the entire charge action. 

Onslaught is interesting though.

Students of all starts to become a headache when it is used to make an Elemental concentrate. The location of the Element matters to get the friendly mantras as it is the Element concentrating.  But the effects are measured from the academic, so the marker can be dropped and pushed from them even if they are up to 14" from Banasuva/Sandeep.

• 1 month later...

I was supposed to play this crew yesterday but had to tend to family stuff first. Tell me what yall think of this little list?

New Font Of Magic Crew (Arcanists)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Sandeep Desai, Font Of Magic
Totem(s):
  Banasuva
Hires:
  Metal Golem
  Neil Henry
  Kandara
  Shastar Vidiya Guard
    Magical Training
  Fire Gamin
  Fire Gamin 2

I was debating removing Kandara for an OxMage and SSC on the metal golem but wasn't sure if it was worth it.

So the main thing is that Sandeep allows his models to ignore friendly demise and Shockwaves. Which means that you should try to fit a lot of shockwaves into the crew. I would've brought the Fire Golem for more shockwaves and I had even considered bringing Willie but decided not to as I wanted to experiment with the Metal Golem/Neil "Roundup". So the gist of the crew is to pulse out as much Staggered as possible from Kandara's trigger, Sandeeps Demise (concentrate within 6 of Banasuva) and Neil Henry's Bulldoze. Then you are gathering up your enemy models with either the Metal Golem's Off The Rails ability or Neil Henry's Get To Work. Now the Rail Golem can use Off The Rails twice a turn because of Sandeeps Student of All ability. So once you have everyone gathered up, you just blast everyone with Shockwaves from Sandeep (he can throw 5 a turn with his cool 5 AP) doing 2 damage and burning 2 with each pyre markers or 1 dmg and Stunned with a Scrap Marker. (The scrap marker then feeds the crew even more). Lastly, if an Elemental concentrates within 6 of Deep, they can then move the pyre/scrap markers causing even more shenanigans. Oh, and those Shockwaves and Mv duels are even hard to resist with all that Staggered sent around. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1