You get a gun, you get a gun, and you get a gun! (Ophelia2)

Math Mathonwy

I usually don't take much OoK with Kin. When I do it's usually a Bokor hanging out with Sammy. 

Swamp Spirits would normally be a great action, but it kind of interferes with Sammy's card draw, so this might be a better use. Sammy could often use more healing. 

On a related note, New Ophelia kinda made me realize how situational most of that crew's bonus actions are. For example I think I've used Shrug Off and Putrefy like twice in all of 3rd. 

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, Thatguy said:

On a related note, New Ophelia kinda made me realize how situational most of that crew's bonus actions are. For example I think I've used Shrug Off and Putrefy like twice in all of 3rd. 

Yeah, those sorts of Actions basically limit the opponent through their existence so you seldom get to use them but that doesn't mean they aren't important. Which naturally makes the new Ophelia even better since you get the main benefit from the original Bonus Actions while being able to use the new one.

• Agree 1

Just back from two games with the new Ophelia. I really, really like her! The new title seems to have shaken up the crew drastically. Ophelia is, ironically, a lot less interactive and "fun" for me, but she allows for so many new combos that shake up her crew, that I feel more than fine with it. 

Tried to stack Sammy with a few of the upgrades, and good lord does it do work! Need a unique suit? Glowy Tokens! Need a good angle for the gun? Fast!

So easy to get Glass Shards out, or a double Critical Strike on that juicy Trash Cannon. 

Similarly, the crew also seems a lot more survivable with an almost build-in Armor 1, since they can just toss an upgrade to reduce by 1. Hell, throw out a 1-5 card and get a free Focus.

I've also tricked myself a bit by accidentally "locking" multiple upgrades on a model that didn't have a use for it. As a result, I couldn't make the combo work. Very cool and enjoyable design to be honest. Good job Wyrd! 😍

23 minutes ago, GrumpyGrandpa said:

Tried to stack Sammy with a few of the upgrades, and good lord does it do work! Need a unique suit? Glowy Tokens! Need a good angle for the gun? Fast!

Interesting. I honestly hadn't even tried using the upgrades with Sammy. Jynx does so much work for me with glowy tokens for Glimpse the Void. 

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, GrumpyGrandpa said:

Not sure if I’d agree on that - A free suit can often outweigh a +1 to the duel for me. But it depends on the situation of course 

Was initally agreeing with Rufess but gave it some more thought and considering that you can guarantee the trigger you need on both the Clean Up Duty and Firecracker Flingshot on a MV6 Fast model is pretty strong. Seems like Brin is the one that has to go from my standard list when playing O2...

I'm not too impressed with most of the triggers. Burnt to a Crisp on Firecracker Flingshot seems like the one I'd want the most often. But Sammy already has ranged scheme marker removal. 

Though the guaranteed mask on Clean Up Duty makes kinda makes me want to run him with Gluttony. Put down glass markers then make the opponent push through them and eat them. Or get Flame Wall on something then force a model to eat the Pyre and set up for another Tar Bomb.

• Agree 1

Looks like that we have only Ophelia in the Geon Con presale and before Dec (staring at Guild who has 5 masters available﹁_﹁). So what is everyone's plan on playing her?

IMO she excels at, similar to the original one, Break the Line and Turf War. I am planning to play her exclusively in these 2 strategies until we get other new toys.

8 hours ago, Rufess said:

So what is everyone's plan on playing her?

I want to get a couple more games in. 

Last time I played with 3 Raiders. It turned out pretty well, but I'm not sure how survivable it will be in other match ups. 

I think I want to try out a more "elite" Kin list that's more about the Focus and card draw instead of spamming Tar Bomb as much as possible. 

It seems like we still lean on Bokors for outside healing. In theory nuOphelia can heal 6 wounds a turn but it means giving up other utility. 

12 hours ago, Thatguy said:

It seems like we still lean on Bokors for outside healing. In theory nuOphelia can heal 6 wounds a turn but it means giving up other utility. 

I am sleeping on Bokor too. In one hand Ophelia now can draw and heal too, so hiring the Bokor could be the trap of including too many supporting models. Freeing up 7ss of the Bokor can hire one more Kin Enforcer, who can make the best use of supports from Ophelia. On the other hand, the synergy between Sammy and Bokor is too good to pass up.

I think the ultimate answer here is: Depends. So I am forcing myself to play without Bokor to see where the limit is. Also I am looking forward for trying out Bo Peep as a healer, given that Kin has access to some decent AoE damage.

10 hours ago, Rufess said:

I am looking forward for trying out Bo Peep as a healer, given that Kin has access to some decent AoE damage.

This is a pretty neat idea. I like it. 

As is I feel like I'm leaving half the crew behind with Sammy Rami and a Bokor hurting in the back lines. This would encourage more upfield movement. 

Let us know how it goes.

It also occurs to me that what a lot of O2's actions and abilities specify Kin, they don't require her to be the crew's Leader. She might make a pero good secondary master.

She and a single LaCroix can start drawing three cards a turn starting with turn 2. Which isn't a bad card draw engine. 

Maybe even better in crews that already run a Kin enforcer.

3 hours ago, Clement said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Sly?  Debating if he's "must have" or just kind of nice.

Depends on the pool. Not a must have in a non-marker pool, but still pretty high on the Enforcer list. Maybe just under Rami. False Claim and 12 Coffee is a nice combo to stack Focus on an important model.

• Agree 1