You get a gun, you get a gun, and you get a gun! (Ophelia2)

Math Mathonwy

9 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Quick first reading; but, If raiding operation is up to 3 discards why would you do more than 1?

Each discarded upgrade let's you do one if those things once. 

So if you want to draw three cards or summon three young LaCroix you need to dump three upgrades.

Looking at her, I think she looks neat. With a couple exceptions, I don't think the models will actually be using the upgrades. Since you're going to want them for that plink, flinch combo. Also you're going to want to have them on three models of turn to discard them for her bonus action. Kin usually aren't having problems putting damage out. Using tar bomb on things that have burning seems like a pretty big one though.

I think she really needed to get Plentiful 2 on her upgrades, like other upgrade masters. Five upgrades in a 10 plus model crew seems like they're going to be spread pretty thin.

Love these 2 models a lot.

Ophelia2 lost some damage, but brings back more utility. Auto Staggered and Stunned make her a decent range control master, and she can draw bunch of cards with Good for Laugh and Raiding Operation. Not to mention the utility that Raiding Operation brings to the keyword. With some setup (3 bonus action from any models), she can resolve the effects without flipping. I love this version more over the original one that she probably becomes my default Ophelia unless I need some extreme firepower.

Raiders now are the core part of the crew. They get stat 7 attack that they lacked of from the upgrade, and they, if shooting with Clear Up Duty, always benefit from Easy Target.

Sly is a schemer that more reliable than Merris. False Claim and Sneak Away is the reason bringing him. Kin can take Breakthrough or Detonate Charge now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufess said:

Raiders now are the core part of the crew. They get stat 7 attack that they lacked of from the upgrade, and they, if shooting with Clear Up Duty, always benefit from Easy Target.

I may have to finally pick up thier box. Stat 7 :+flip(or :+flip:+flipwith focus) on Clean up Duty is going to spread a whole lot of injured. 

With the ability to attach upgrades, get re-summoned or even scheme with It's Broken, I'm looking forward to using Young LaCroix more aggressively. That means there will also probably be more corpses around for Looted Supplies. Lol 

7 hours ago, grundil said:

Sly is a really good schemer but what about 2 false claim near the 2 twelves cup of coffee owners 😄 (with 2 rams if you can).

Ram Trigger is only once per turn. 

It occurs to me that with Hold These For Me and Clean-Up Duty the whole crew has access to a Los ignoring attack. This seems pretty stellar on some boards. Newphelia might like Zipp as a second Master so that he can put up walls the crew can shoot over, but the opponent can't.  

9 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Ram Trigger is only once per turn. 

It occurs to me that with Hold These For Me and Clean-Up Duty the whole crew has access to a Los ignoring attack. This seems pretty stellar on some boards. Newphelia might like Zipp as a second Master so that he can put up walls the crew can shoot over, but the opponent can't.  

It’s still an1/1/2 damage track if your blasts don’t hit anything. Not something I’d spend 16 stones on I don’t think.

Surely Rami can. However the main value of Clean Up Duty imo is AoE Injured. So if you cannot follow attack with other friendly models later the turn, I don't think it does bring enough value to the game.

Or if you have a high :crow and a severe card then you maybe able to cause some trouble to opponent when unpacking the crew. Though you need a Bokor to Obey Rami for Focus.

Edited by Rufess
  • Agree 2

The obey would help Rami first turn, but outside that he should easily be able to get focus +2.

First turn young Lacroix moves him into position and gives him a gun.

Rami focus + shoot. When discard also discard a card for focus.

Rinse and repeat in future getting your shots with both the range and positives

So, had my first game last night with New Ophelia.

Faced off with New McCabe. And came out in top 4-6. 

We both made play errors, but I came out on to via sheer damage output. We called it turn 4 when he had two models almost dead models on the field and I still had half my crew to activate. 

Tar Bomb is a monster. Pretty much the whole crew will revolve around using this as much as possible. 3/5/6 + Burning+2 ends models especially when they already have a little damage on them  from when burning was applied. 

The Focus from Gimme That was huge this game. But I don't know if that will stay true in all games. I had some pretty garbage hands even after stoning. 

The LaCroix Raiders were stellar when they got Easy Targets. The opponents Shadow Effigy and it's concealment Aura was an MVP. Going from a :+flipto a :-flipwas big. :-flip:-flipfrom Concealment and Friendly Fire was even worse leaving them kind of standing around waiting until someone else could do something about the situation. 

Which kind of leads into my next take away. Activation order matters a lot more to the crew.( And placement to keep LoS between Sz 1 models). Ophelia doesn't want to activate until she's got three models with upgrades to pull off. The upgrades are a limited resource, and you are probably detaching them as soon as you can to free it up for another model to use. For the most part the only guys holding upgrades where the Young LaCroix or models that needed healing. So sometimes you're in a rough spot. You need Ophelia to get models out of melee and really you want the Young to go before her, so you're weighing time sensitive stuff against big potential card draw. 

The crew is a lot of fun, but New Ophelia definitely has a lot more moving parts to juggle than OG Ophelia. I want to try her out against a more melee centric crew. Her pushes and ranged staggered seem more useful at disrupting guys that want to close than Sidir or Fuhatsu who are happy to gun down gremlins at range. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

Interesting!

As the crew really benefits from the upgrades, it seems you did not lose on the bigger picture damage output. If that's right, when do you consider using trhe OG Ophelia? She seems to be able to do more damage by herself, and has condition remmoval if I am not wrong. When would you choose between them?

When you need to have the firepower to delete a model in a single activation within 6" of your master.

49 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

As the crew really benefits from the upgrades, it seems you did not lose on the bigger picture damage output. If that's right, when do you consider using trhe OG Ophelia? She seems to be able to do more damage by herself, and has condition remmoval if I am not wrong. When would you choose between them?

I'm not sure yet. I've only played the one game so far. I want to try new Ophelia out a bit more.
The lack of Condition removal is potentially big. 
But like Shin said, OG Ophelia has more concentrated firepower. Like instead of taking Three Tar Bomb attacks with three Raiders, you could potentially just have Ophelia take the three Tar Bomb, and some other, attacks herself.

Given that the upgrades encourage you to keep Young LaCroix near models, and you want to probably get burning form one model to set up your damage spike, and Ophelia wants to keep models in LoS, I kind of played like a bubble crew. Maybe OG Ophelia is the pick when you need to spread out.

7 hours ago, wizuriel said:

The obey would help Rami first turn, but outside that he should easily be able to get focus +2.

First turn young Lacroix moves him into position and gives him a gun.

Gimme That lets you discard a card to get focus when you detach for any reason. So you could potentially have a Young Attach an upgrade then shoot Rami el to Plink! and get focus.

Activation order and position are critical to this Ophelia without a doubt. She always wants to maximize the value of Raiding Operation with 3 upgrades, but it is not necessary nor compulsory. If the healing or Scheme marker can earn you enough advantage, you should do it even with only one upgrade.

Also you can shift the order by re-attaching upgrades after turn 1 Raiding Order. Lots of models in the keyword do have an irrelevant bonus action that can throwaway in turn 1.

Firecracker and Trash Cannon are the expendable upgrades that can freely discard for Plink and Raiding Operation. Igniter as well if you have Merris or Pere for the burning. Clean-Up Duty is the initiator and Tar Bomb is the finisher, you would like to save these 2 for attacking.

7 hours ago, Thatguy said:

But like Shin said, OG Ophelia has more concentrated firepower. Like instead of taking Three Tar Bomb attacks with three Raiders, you could potentially just have Ophelia take the three Tar Bomb, and some other, attacks herself.

Ophelia can still makes 3 Tar Bomb attacks by herself. Plus she need not to rely on Merris nor Pere, but any model in the crew can light the enemies up with the Igniter upgrade.

Ophelia has lost additional attacks and condition removal (still can remove condition with the Igniter). But what she gains in return are so valuable, especially the card draw, such that imo the Overloaded is in most cases the better choice than the classic. Even if playing in a Reckoning-type strategy, the Overloaded crew should have enough firepower to score.

9 hours ago, Rufess said:

Ophelia can still makes 3 Tar Bomb attacks by herself. Plus she need not to rely on Merris nor Pere, but any model in the crew can light the enemies up with the Igniter upgrade.

That's true. But she's still not the damage dealer she was. 

You don't need Merris or Pere for burning. But they help, since they can do it without needing a Young LaCroix babysitter and have a slightly longer threat range. 

9 hours ago, Rufess said:

Ophelia has lost additional attacks and condition removal (still can remove condition with the Igniter). But what she gains in return are so valuable, especially the card draw, such that imo the Overloaded is in most cases the better choice than the classic. Even if playing in a Reckoning-type strategy, the Overloaded crew should have enough firepower to score.

This is kind of my feeling so far. But I've only played the one game to date. 

It seems like the answer to "When do you play OG Ophelia?" Might be "When you're okay with playing lower power, for lower complexity."