Abilities/actions you want to see in faction?

Ability wise I would love to see explosive demise (tnt zombies) at some point. Although they would need to be balanced with Anna in mind. 

The action I want to see in ressers the most is Wong’s launch into space. Corpse delivery system with pin point accuracy and ranged scheme marker placement in a faction with not much (totems or masters usually have the ranged placement).

What are we all looking for?

1 hour ago, 50 SS Enforcer said:

Ability wise I would love to see explosive demise (tnt zombies) at some point. Although they would need to be balanced with Anna in mind. 

The action I want to see in ressers the most is Wong’s launch into space. Corpse delivery system with pin point accuracy and ranged scheme marker placement in a faction with not much (totems or masters usually have the ranged placement).

What are we all looking for?

Thematically: Brainsssss. Model may gain slow and heal 2 on all Zombie keyword if a model is killed within engagement. Can't really see this fitting any master than Nicodem though - maybe Seamus? 

I don't want to see us gain too much more tech (like armor is currently a weakness of the faction and it should stay that way IMO).

But more tools for the things that we DO do would be great.

So... More corpse shenanigans! More efficient ways to get corpses in position (corpse catapult..?) More things to do with corpses! Etc.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, Maladroit said:

Thematically: Brainsssss. Model may gain slow and heal 2 on all Zombie keyword if a model is killed within engagement. Can't really see this fitting any master than Nicodem though - maybe Seamus? 

Technically it exists...as the Mindless Zombie's self-move tactical action.

You know what might be fun?  Have a model that makes Corpse Markers hazardous in an aura.

20 minutes ago, ThreeBatts said:

I don't know if it already exists in some form of action or not, but I want to see a way to explode corpse markers similar to the Diablo Necromancer.

I don't think it exists yet in this edition, but it was a M2E upgrade (corpse bloat) that allowed you to blow up a corpse and make models in a pulse pass a test or take damage. The Current nearest M3 ability is Anna Lovelace and her remote detonator

15 minutes ago, unti said:

I would love to see more shockwave-actions since ressers have few impactful ones and I like the concept...

Yeah, our aoe is quite lacking!

And while we shouldn't gain too much in terms of new tech, 1-2 new shockwaves (or pulses from corpses) would be great.

Personally I want to see a corpse catapult which would fill all these roles!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, clockworkspide said:

Technically it exists...as the Mindless Zombie's self-move tactical action.

You know what might be fun?  Have a model that makes Corpse Markers hazardous in an aura.

Sounds like a great feature for McMourning 2.  Make them gas out poison and/or damage

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Something I always wanted to see for a lot of factions was a generic faction model. 

Like a generic Resurrectionist. The run of the mill necromancers that populated the Ressers ball and Nico killed in droves to build his undead army. 

Maybe a minion that has a Attuned and maybe a minor summoning and undead buffing action. I guess that's kinda outside of realm of the next release. 

Outside of that more Zombie/Mortuary models to pave the way for Nico to come back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Something I always wanted to see for a lot of factions was a generic faction model. 

Like a generic Resurrectionist. The run of the mill necromancers that populated the Ressers ball and Nico killed in droves to build his undead army. 

Maybe a minion that has a Attuned and maybe a minor summoning and undead buffing action. I guess that's kinda outside of realm of the next release. 

Outside of that more Zombie/Mortuary models to pave the way for Nico to come back.

So something like an enforcer that could poop a Mindless Zombie or Canine Remains for an equivalent card?
That would be pretty fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThreeBatts said:

So something like an enforcer that could poop a Mindless Zombie or Canine Remains for an equivalent card?
That would be pretty fun.

I was thinking Minion, like a generic guy. I think most enforcers are named characters. 

Like Grave Diggers are generic versions of Mortimer, they'd be like generic versions of Nico or Rotten. 

Maybe Summon like:

Cast 5 TN 15:crow

Once per turn Summon a Mindless Zombie or Minion that shares a Keyword with this crew's Leader with cost 4 or less in base contact with target corpse marker, then remove that marker. 

Or may maybe the lower the TN and have the special summon on a :crow:crowTrigger. Then like Command Corpse and a mediocre attack or utility ability. 

57 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I was thinking Minion, like a generic guy. I think most enforcers are named characters. 

Like Grave Diggers are generic versions of Mortimer, they'd be like generic versions of Nico or Rotten. 

Maybe Summon like:

Once per turn Summon a Mindless Zombie or Minion that shares a Keyword with this crew's Leader with cost 4 or less in base contact with target corpse marker, then remove that marker. 

Or may maybe the lower the TN and have the special summon on a :crow:crowTrigger. Then like Command Corpse and a mediocre attack or utility ability. 

Give it the ability to sacrifice additional corpses to gain a bonus, either to the cast, or to what they can summon. Not talented enough to easily use one corpse, sometimes they need to patchwork things together.

Not something you aim to do, but if there's a surplus of corpses, they can join things together.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Give it the ability to sacrifice additional corpses to gain a bonus, either to the cast, or to what they can summon. Not talented enough to easily use one corpse, sometimes they need to patchwork things together.

Not something you aim to do, but if there's a surplus of corpses, they can join things together.

That'd be awesome!

33 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

but if there's a surplus of corpses

Reva cackles.

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Maybe Summon like:

I wouldn't want to dump a 10 from my hand for a Mindless zombie so I would go with the lower TN.

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

Very much this.
It would make pooping MIndless Zombies worthwhile at a 10.

3 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I like this idea.

Nico used to have something like it, but it was lost because it was too strong. Maybe capping how high it can go. 

How strong it should end up being kind of depends on how expensive the model is. I was thinking around 8-9ss in the price range of other summon/support models like Death Marshall Recruiters or Toshiro.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I like this idea.

Nico used to have something like it, but it was lost because it was too strong. Maybe capping how high it can go. 

How strong it should end up being kind of depends on how expensive the model is. I was thinking around 8-9ss in the price range of other summon/support models like Death Marshall Recruiters or Toshiro.

Possibly keep it restricted to main master's keyword and versatile models?

7 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

If it ends up being a model on that price range and it summons mindless zombies, I think Asura Rotten will feel a bit excluded. I would prefer something that complements her rather than a replacement. Although, Guild's Domadores are a good example of what a "low-tier necromancer" looks like.

II would like to see Shieldbearer's gimmick back. I loved the idea of my fighters rising again to fulfill their duty. Maybe a generic (living only) upgrade that gave Demise: "it shall rise once more" and either is replaced by a zombie or gains undead and some things like that.

My wife really despised the Shieldbearers when we played our tutorial games.
I always popped on the damage upon death upgrade and killed her for killing me.
Happy memories.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aquenaton said:

Maybe a generic (living only) upgrade that gave Demise: "it shall rise once more" and either is replaced by a zombie or gains undead and some things like that.

I think I'd do it the other way around, since Ressers have more dead rush living minions

Make to upgrade restricted to non-living. Something like:

Loyal Servant

This model gains the following abilities:

Still Breathing- As long as this model has this upgrade attached, it counts as Living, and cannot use the Terrifying, Hard to Wound or Incorporeal abilities

During the start phase reduce this models health to 3. It may not be healed as long as as it has this upgrade attached.  

Demise (Back from the Dead): When this model is killed, it heals completely and discards this upgrade. If it has Incorporeal drop a corpse marker in base contact. 

Though admittedly that doesn't help Shieldbearers get thier groove back.