Marcus - Alpha- Thoughts?

Vaylos

Myranda is the only model that can increase the total of Upgrades by 2 under pack leader, and then only if she doesn't have an upgrade when she starts. The other models all start with an upgrade (which she doesn't) and can create 1 new upgrade a turn via the cycling, so they all enable 2 upgrades by the end of turn 1, but most is because they start the game with 1 upgrade.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Is there merit to just doing two initiates, no myranda?  That gives a ton of upgrades and opens up some stones.

Myranda is so good though...

Honestly, it depends on what you are doing. 

If your aim is to get upgrades out as fast as possible, then it makes no difference (except of course Myranda costs more).

I just went through a calculation to see if Myranda could generate upgrades faster, and then realised that without Adaptive evolution she can't just discard upgrades for free.  Since there are no models that can discard an upgrade outside their activation, and cycle an upgrade during their activation without using Aspects of the wild, I think your 4/6/8/10/10 and 6/9/10/10/10 are correct There is also 2/4/6/8/10 for just Marcus, 8/10/10/10/10 for 4 and 510/10/10/10/10 for Marcus, 3 initiates and Myranda)

(Ediited because I missed one and it throw out my calculations)

• Haha 1

I guess a new Marcus profile is enough to pull me out of the shadows.

I have mixed feelings about this one tbh, but I see more positives than negatives tho:

The good: This version let him stack mutations on himself and be more aggressive, which is good because the rest of beasts are quite squishy. No more AP lost by just mutation bureaucracy as most mutations will be added using bonus action or abilities, which is a huge plus. Incentive to use Adaptive evolution as now those get recycled which will also give the cree free positives and suits, again very needed. As this version makes him more independent (he only need a few models to stack mutations on himself and by himself he seems able to both fight and score not like the other profile); this version seems to allow him to make better use of OOK/Versatiles. He seems very tanky versus guns which may allow him to have a better niche in the faction than the old one.

The bad: Not sure if SSC is going to be a big deal again or not. The integration with NVB is bad: No beastmaster and no adaptive evolution in all NVB beast make those worse with this version (which was a big draw to play him here) and with no beast able to put mutation on themselves in this faction the uses as second master are probably subpar.

Have to try it but looks promising, maybe in GG3 lol.

• Like 1

I think Alpha Marcus really favours Neverborn.

In Arcanists, he is competing for stones with Cerberus, and they're all stone hungry.

In Neverborn, he gets to abuse ancient pact to win initiative and draw cards :D

I also think OOK beasts are fine in moderation, maybe 1-2 of them (like grootslang with armor 1 permanently is fine, you don't have to juggle all the upgrades).

Always nice to see you Ogid!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Raising said:

thats not as clear as id like it to be. is one per activation for all or one per activation and model(as a lot of effects are)

It's once per activation for that specific ability. If you have a second pack leader you could get a second use of it. ( which is the same as the others it's just a longer way to write than once per activation per model. )

Think misery if that helps as another once per activation ability. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, captaingrizz said:

New to this edition, are these going to be alt sculpts or just alt cards and how do you get them?

New sculpt. Each master are paired with an other faction master and they share a dual faction models. Each pair + the dual faction model will have their own boxes (some are already for sale now for the Gencon, 35 to 45 usd on the Wyrd webstore).

• 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, goth said:

When does this model come out and what's included in the box?

Survival of the fittest is due out in November with Marcus alpha,   Lord Cooper huntsmaster and 2 eagles. 

Just be aware that there have been some issues with delivery.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...