Ressers in June - Push for Top 16!!

Mistakes that I know of:

• Bete Noire unburying in deployment zone, could have claimed the turf war marker and just really secured the game.
  • Sybelle didn't plan for and use I've Got Your Back and lost an entire activation with Seamus because of it.
  • Whatever the turn 5 mistake is that I forgot.

Overall, we had Kharnage who was an expert with his crew and knew every in and out of every model. On the other hand, we had me who was an expert in the individual models, but not in the crew and how they worked together. However, combined with my teching and planning, I managed to put together a good fight despite not having technical perfection.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2021 at 11:51 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Mistakes that I know of:

• Bete Noire unburying in deployment zone, could have claimed the turf war marker and just really secured the game.
  • Sybelle didn't plan for and use I've Got Your Back and lost an entire activation with Seamus because of it.

Overall, we had Kharnage who was an expert with his crew and knew every in and out of every model. On the other hand, we had me who was an expert in the individual models, but not in the crew and how they worked together. However, combined with my teching and planning, I managed to put together a good fight despite not having technical perfection.

I have watched the game and enjoyed every minute of it. Well deserved victory.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2021 at 11:51 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Mistakes that I know of:

That game was a blast to watch, wish that I would have seen it a few days ago, it reminded me a lot of my recent Seamus vs Marcus game^^

Would you be so kind and be able to talk a little bit more about your thoughts going in the game against Nekima?

Why did you you pick the models you had in there, especially Bete?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tris said:

That game was a blast to watch, wish that I would have seen it a few days ago, it reminded me a lot of my recent Seamus vs Marcus game^^

Would you be so kind and be able to talk a little bit more about your thoughts going in the game against Nekima?

Why did you you pick the models you had in there, especially Bete?

So normally I'm a Molly player. But Molly into Nekima on turf war sounded so rough to me. So I went with Seamus.

With Seamus, my game plan was for Seamus and Bete to win the game while the rest of the crew just slowed the enemy crew down.

I hoped Bete would either get a sneaky corpse in his deployment zone and unbury for breakthrough, or that she would distract some of his big hitters. She can use her unbury action even if on the table - the unbury fails but she eats a corpse and charges. So she was there for corpse denial.

Surviving through the initial alpha strike was critical, so I needed Ashigaru for extended reach to protect Seamus.

Nurse is standard with Seamus I think. Focus + tools for the job is so good.

But also my plan for slowing down his crew was distracted. Nurse can move people with her melee attack into sybelle aura, or can just use seduction to give distracted.

Doxy is a super hard to kill model and can hand out seduction or reposition models into sybelles aura. You can see turn 2 how much work the doxy did. And then I had a good option for hidden martyrs with doxy & Ashigaru.

Sybelle fit into the above engine, and then also can just produce a ton of distracted herself.

Sloth was extra heals + slows (with enemy on a minus if in scarlet temptation). I didn't care about slowing my models, they were just there to slow down the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the insight, it was definitely an interesting game^^

Do you like Bete mainly for her corpse denial or would you consider her in other match ups as well?

I guess she'll also shine in scheme marker heavy pools?

21 minutes ago, Tris said:

Thanks for the insight, it was definitely an interesting game^^

Do you like Bete mainly for her corpse denial or would you consider her in other match ups as well?

I guess she'll also shine in scheme marker heavy pools?

With Reva, she is one of the best scheme runners available. She is insanely good with Reva.

With Seamus, I'm divided. She is REALLY good, but to be at full capacity you need your own corpse generation (instead of relying on kills). And corpse generation in ressers is surprisingly bad.

So I'm not sure how confident I am of taking her with Seamus, but she makes almost all my Reva lists. She's a really good scheme runner.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, unti said:

Just because it's in the video: is the bete noir ruling official? Has wyrd stated somewhere how we should rule her "unbury" action?

It isn't official, but this was a Vassal World Series game, and for that series the TOs have ruled that it is allowed.

There's other Wyrd FAQs that we can infer how the text on her card works, but I'm guessing it is a typo ability (and is meant to say 'can only be used when buried').

• Thanks 1

The reasoning is pretty clear: It's RAW this way, even though it leaves a "Is this really RAI?" question, but Wyrd didn't clarify otherwise until now, so that's the way to play it right now.

And let's be honest... she's not OP with it. Imho she deserves this little push to be a bit more playable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

And let's be honest... she's not OP with it. Imho she deserves this little push to be a bit more playable.

That's my take. I also read it as the conventional interpretation for a very long time. If you use the RAW interpretation of the rules, she's pretty good, I've been testing her with that interpretation and she makes it into 80%+ of Redchapel crews I've put together. If you don't use that interpretation, she's pretty much garbage in my opinion, and that comes from extensive GG0 games. I can't comment on GG1 as I didn't play much of it.

I also agree with @Maniacal_cackle to an extent. I think needing to bring a corpse engine for Bete is a trap, and if you have to do it, you should rethink hiring her. If you have to hire another model to support her, and the primary purpose of that model is just for her, You've effectively increased her cost by that much, and I think that makes her too expensive for the effects you get. If you happen to bring a corpse engine because the model works for the scenario irrespective of bringing Bete, then go ahead. If bringing the Emissary, a Gravedigger, or even a Dandy happens to be a model you'd bring even without bringing Bete then she will most likely bring value.

I do think if you are playing an aggressive Red Chapel crew, getting corpses off the enemy, assuming they aren't eating their own, works well enough that she's worth it. It does mean your activation order on her is going to be a little scripted turn 1 if you want full value from her.