Ressers in Love Is a Battlefield (February Vassal Series).

Maniacal_cackle

20 minutes ago, dannydb said:

I'm playing vonsctook vs cadmus so I'm bringing Anna to stop some parasite shenanigans within 6 of her and if I get vonsctook within 6 of Cadmus nexus do nothing 

Lol, that's awesome.

20 minutes ago, dannydb said:

So wisper on minions seems like a good idea vs iven same as vs Zoridia

Yeah, although Forgotten minions are far too squishy even with the upgrade. On a Hanged or Student it'd be pretty sweet though.

Ended up tying at 5-5!

I took Dead Rider, Archie, Rogue Necromancy, Crooligan, Effigy, Forgotten Marshal.

Wasn't too impressed with the Marshal, but it was the best option in keyword. I basically threw away Dead Rider by mispositioning Molly and being forced to save her with Ride With Me (so lost the Dead Rider instead).

He took Archivist, Austera, and a bunch of keyword models. The keyword models seem pretty lacklustre overall, so Ivan seems pretty hampered this month. That said, Forgotten is super hampered as well, since we thrive on teching exactly to beat the opponent.

Overall, super fun game, and I had a great opponent!

You can read some more impressions here:

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/151096-english-ivan-umbradua-keywords-discussion/?&page=6#comments

EDIT: Also Anna Lovelace would have been SO GOOD. Really looking forward to playing a normal game against Ivan.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Finished out 5-2 over Nekima.  Very tough fight, he brought double Lilitu which made it hard to bait him in.  But...I was able to get him to come in on a Guilty with a Mature Nephilm, starting a fight as Nekima followed in after.  I didn't want to Melee the Mature (Combat Finesse is good...even when I was +2 stat from Stagger) so beat on Nekima with Hanged (got her Staggered and 1 melee attack i think?) Then was Able to send Daw in and Execute her on 2 attacks - the 2nd attack he was out of SS & Cards so dead (8 health) Nekima bottom of turn 3. I was still down 2 points (missed Strat up until turn 5) but T4 was able to have Hanged double fist Daw w/Draw out Secrets Trigger to score Sabotage and get my Dead Outlaw for Claim.

Turn 5 after getting activation control by killing a Liltu, his decisions made denying the End-Game scheme points impossible which  took the pressure off me.  Was able to do a super cheesy play with Daw attacking his own models w/Suppressed Memories to get the Punishment Trigger to force-move the Dead Rider (had a couple Curses on him) thru Jakuma's hazardous terrian (which killed him) which opened my 1 Evidence Point to get claimed by Monty.

So very close game, but snowballed out with Executing Nekima.  Moral of the Story: Don't Mess with My Boi Daw

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

We played Albus vs Albus... it was insane. We exhanged summons, his val killed my necropunk, my val killed the necropunk he summoned to summon another necropunk, he killed my 8 stone student to summon a 8 stone student, I killed vallie to summon an 8 stone student and it just kept going like that the entire game. 

6-5 win for... Albus. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, IronmanKC81 said:

We played Albus vs Albus... it was insane. We exhanged summons, his val killed my necropunk, my val killed the necropunk he summoned to summon another necropunk, he killed my 8 stone student to summon a 8 stone student, I killed vallie to summon an 8 stone student and it just kept going like that the entire game. 

6-5 win for... Albus. 

Haha, how epic!

I was like, "daw has a bunch of stuff on his card, this is probably something I should read in the future". 30 minutes later he says "okay , so i'm going to charge nekima with jack daw". hell of a good game. also I've come to the conclusion that both lelu and lilitu are essential for that crew for card draw. I couldn't have asked for a more helpful and friendly opponent. 

• Like 1

What are people thinking for round 2? Reva would normally be my go-to in this matchup (except I always seem to face Outcasts on leylines xD). But without the OOKs & Versatiles, she feels a lot more mediocre on a corner leylines.

Seamus is great on this map, but faces the same issue (although I am tempted by like 3 Belles, Effigy with Fate upgrade, Dead Rider, and whatever else). EDIT: No nurse seems super rough, but I guess the threat of killing is more important than actual killing anyway.

... Let's be honest. I'm clearly just going to play Molly for the rest of the series xD

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

What are people thinking for round 2? Reva would normally be my go-to in this matchup (except I always seem to face Outcasts on leylines xD). But without the OOKs & Versatiles, she feels a lot more mediocre on a corner leylines.

Seamus is great on this map, but faces the same issue (although I am tempted by like 3 Belles, Effigy with Fate upgrade, Dead Rider, and whatever else). EDIT: No nurse seems super rough, but I guess the threat of killing is more important than actual killing anyway.

... Let's be honest. I'm clearly just going to play Molly for the rest of the series xD

Not played r1 yet (my game is tomorrow) but have yanlo lined up for r2, I think yanlo and yin can do nasty things as far as leylines/claim jump are conserned and I'm thinking I might just have a gokudo run round with idol while I ram the center 

1 minute ago, dannydb said:

Not played r1 yet (my game is tomorrow) but have yanlo lined up for r2, I think yanlo and yin can do nasty things as far as leylines/claim jump are conserned and I'm thinking I might just have a gokudo run round with idol while I ram the center 

Yeah, Yin OOK would be one of my go-tos in that pool, so snagging her in keyword makes sense!

How you feeling about the R1 cadmus matchup? Any OOK techs, or leaving it to Anna?

41 minutes ago, dannydb said:

At the moment the only tech I'm bringing is the emmy for some aoe but not finalised my list yet 

I'm hoping between Anna preventing targeting friendlies and vonsctook turning off parasits from doing anything if I can get him within 6 of nexus safely 

That's a pretty neat trick! It would be nuts if they HAD to consider you friendly of course, but as is it still shuts down Font of Knowledge, Quarantine (sometimes), Exoskeletal Connection, Down to the Last Drop. The Exoskeletal Connection in particular seems huge. You don't want your model being yeeted across the table 12+ inches xD

EDIT: oh, and shuts down Will of Cadmus if Von Schtook isn't covering that as well. That's a pretty big deal. Sweet tech piece :)

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Ooooo, I just remembered Bete Noire's Vassal Series FAQ allows her to use her bonus action when on the table

So you don't have to be buried to unbury? That's pretty big.

Or do you skip that part and just get to charge from wherever she currently is?

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

So you don't have to be buried to unbury? That's pretty big.

As per the rules, you ignore any unbury effects if you're on the table.

For Bete Noire, the exciting thing is the rest of the ability still functions (which is how it should work RAW, I believe).

Thus, Bete can remove a corpse marker anywhere on the table and charge as a bonus action!

• Like 1

well my game is over and there isn't much to say about the game as my opponent gave up turn 1 for some reason (he had messed up a exoskeletal connection on Meredith meaning he couldn't get two husks turn 1, but even so im not sure its end of world)

id killed one of his husks and got another to 3 wounds left (anna black jokered her damage flip to kill it in combat) while my emmy had slowed his advance with two coffins in his face but other than that id not inflicted any damage on him, though had set up for hoping to get to shoot in to his ranks with the emmy turn 2 and maybe get the vally in to night silk creeper but he still had 2 eyes and ears a potential husk Meredith and cryptologist still to go 

yer im not sure what to say on the matter i think he had hopped for nests to pin me in my deployment zone, instead 1 was dead, and other was hanging on to dear life while emmy, vally and student had all managed to move forwards

5 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Darn, that's unfortunate, Danny! At least it is a disappointing win instead of disappointing loss!

Yer it's a shame because I think I had a good match up and I think I was in a good position but the game was still in the balance 

Guess it's putting the game behind me and getting and ides of my crew for round 2 and running everyone's favourite old man

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graf said:

That happens a lot in online gaming, guess it's also true for online tabletop wargaming. All you can do, assuming demeanour was friendly on all sides, to not worry about it and move on. 

it wasn't unfriendly and its supposedly something my opponent does at real life events, if game doesn't go his way turn 1. (note imo it was in the balance, while i was set up to go in and do some damage turn 2, he had several activations to blunt that)

its a shame because id have liked to see how the game played out, I think ressers have a lot of options to deal with Cadmus between the terror, and the anti demise and Anna, but i wasn't able to put that theory in to practice 

• Like 1