Ressers in Love Is a Battlefield (February Vassal Series).

Maniacal_cackle

41 minutes ago, touchdown said:

It might not be as bad as it seems. Distracted still works on Umbra models. Also you have a lot of terrifying which is bad for them generally. Maybe double GST on some minions is good tech?

Lol, I'm cracking up at the idea of Rabble Risers with GST. I've never tried it, but I'll consider it at least.

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I think I like the Toshiro+Grave digger option best. With him and the Forgotten Marshal you have a good base to out summon.

Yeah, I just worry about the strat/scheme pool. Between Recover evidence, claim jump, sabotage, breakthrough, spread them out,  and take prisoner... Having positioning advantage/dictating the terms of engagement seems critical, which Toshiro (and to an extent Anna) don't help with.

Can't comment on Ressers (I don't know how to play those ugly undeads), but I can comment on the map. 

I played this scenario 3 time and I think it's the map that have the most impact on your crew selection (so be sure to select attacker/defender) before choosing your crew). 

The top part of the map (lighthouse) is a nightmare of a deployment zone. And you don't even have a nice shooting position because of those stupid forests... You have to use the stair, because the rock are impassable and the lighthouse eat precious deployment space (Watchout if you have a lot of large base models)...

Meanwhile the bottom part is great with good cover and an easy access to the centre (conveniently behind a forest). 

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, I just worry about the strat/scheme pool. Between Recover evidence, claim jump, sabotage, breakthrough, spread them out,  and take prisoner... Having positioning advantage/dictating the terms of engagement seems critical, which Toshiro (and to an extent Anna) don't help with.

Anna might be better for that gravity well shuts down not just summoning in the area, but English's Shade Step, Spectre's On Your Heels, Gibson's Antiluminal Bridge, Daeva's clingy. Even Mr. Mordrake's demise would be shut down if you kill him while English is in the Gravity Well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SEV said:

Can't comment on Ressers (I don't know how to play those ugly undeads), but I can comment on the map. 

I played this scenario 3 time and I think it's the map that have the most impact on your crew selection (so be sure to select attacker/defender) before choosing your crew). 

The top part of the map (lighthouse) is a nightmare of a deployment zone. And you don't even have a nice shooting position because of those stupid forests... You have to use the stair, because the rock are impassable and the lighthouse eat precious deployment space (Watchout if you have a lot of large base models)...

Meanwhile the bottom part is great with good cover and an easy access to the centre (conveniently behind a forest). 

Great points! I quite like the lighthouse since it gives a safe place to keep a 50mm base and hide it safely until the end of turn 1. Archie for example can just chill there and leap out if need be.

1 minute ago, ShinChan said:

Just want to point that you can let yourself fall from the stone part (suffering 1 damage). You cannot climb up or down.

Oh, strange, so it is neither impassable nor climbable. Potentially a good spot for a sniper, since it is so hard to get up that hill to attack it!

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Anna might be better for that gravity well shuts down not just summoning in the area, but English's Shade Step, Spectre's On Your Heels, Gibson's Antiluminal Bridge, Daeva's clingy. Even Mr. Mordrake's demise would be shut down if you kill him while English is in the Gravity Well.

Yeah, after my last game against English Ivan, I think Anna is almost an auto-take in this matchup.

Except in a situation where you are limited on which model to choose, so having to balance the options xD

8 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Just want to point that you can let yourself fall from the stone part (suffering 1 damage). You cannot climb up or down.

What!? But in the player pack they are define as impassable... Well, I wish I could replay my tournament game now, because I use those stair with more than half a dozen pigs 😞.

Anyway still not a great deployment imo, but not as bad as I tough than.

Just now, SEV said:

What!? But in the payer pack the are devine as impassable... Well, I wish I could replay my tournament game now, because I use those stair with more than half a dozen pigs 😞.

Anyway still not a great deployment imo, but not as bad as I tough than.

The player pack calls it blocking, but not climbable. Doesn't mention impassable.

But I'm confused, if it is just blocking, doesn't that mean you can just walk up it? All blocking does is block LOS?

1 minute ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The player pack calls it blocking, but not climbable. Doesn't mention impassable.

But I'm confused, if it is just blocking, doesn't that mean you can just walk up it? All blocking does is block LOS?

Blocking means that it actually generates a Shadow and gives cover (relative to the position both models are). Doesn't have the climbable trait, so you can't go up or down (other than falling). Maybe it's not superclear, but I think is properly defined.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShinChan said:

Blocking means that it actually generates a Shadow and gives cover (relative to the position both models are). Doesn't have the climbable trait, so you can't go up or down (other than falling). Maybe it's not superclear, but I think is properly defined.

Thanks for the explanation! Always tricky coming from different metas with different terrain assumptions!