Light Out Wanderlust

Jesy Blue

So this is what will be in the new Wanderlust box dropping this January with the rest of the initial Explorer's Society stuff:

Screenshot_20201028-122630.thumb.jpg.70631a70864278f30a9e35cd2f3cce48.jpgScreenshot_20201028-122647.thumb.jpg.6fb3b8a4359051b13c4ea225948fbedc.jpgScreenshot_20201028-122720.thumb.jpg.cbf38bac44ced81e4d5ee9b838c34171.jpgScreenshot_20201028-122740.thumb.jpg.851b991061ea905d0ab126d7679bee80.jpg

... as well as the Bellhop Porter mentioned in the GenCon special!

• Like 2

Alpinist seems pretty nuts and will be taken heaps I assume?

Letting say the Emissary ignore more terrain than an incorporeal model is pretty amazing. I suppose that it is only while they are nearby. What happens if you exit the bubble while inside terrain? Does it start affecting you? What if it is impassable?

And built in knock aside on a charge is glorious (hell, just having the trigger as an option makes a lot of models playable).

• Like 1

I definitely like Alpinist into a lot of Master matchups and for more theatrical terrain. Suddenly your sniper walks straight up onto a 4" roof? Sick, if I'm reading that right. 

The auto built in triggers are really good into our current GG strats/schemes. He can be VERY disruptive for a 5 SS model. 

As for Jessie, I like her utility as a Versatile and her synergy in KW. More Scrap for artifacts and free cards never hurts. Removing opposing markers of any kind is also great considering the low cost of doing so. 

If only we got the Bellhop cards in this preview, as well 😭

9 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Alpinist seems pretty nuts and will be taken heaps I assume?

Letting say the Emissary ignore more terrain than an incorporeal model is pretty amazing. I suppose that it is only while they are nearby. What happens if you exit the bubble while inside terrain? Does it start affecting you? What if it is impassable?

Hope they drop an FAQ on that movement bubble. I would assume if you walk out of bubble into something Impassable, it'd be considered an illegal placement and the model wouldn't complete the move?

• Agree 1

Wait, then the ability doesn't work with blocking terrain (the moment you enter the terrain, LOS is blocked and you are not moving legally).

Same goes for models. You can't move through bigger models because LOS will be blocked. For same size models you can't do it at particular angles?

Seems like reallllll wonkery happening.

EDIT: posted this to the rules forum.

Probably should be "Starts their activation within..." like the Hodgepodge Emissary, but then that leads to fast moving models, like McCabe, starting on the edge of the aura, the riding 21" through a whole table of buildings.

There's gotta be some middle ground, but on the plus side, the goat is always in his own aura, so charge through that 50mm model and ram your horns up his rear!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jesy Blue said:

Probably should be "Starts their activation within..." like the Hodgepodge Emissary, but then that leads to fast moving models, like McCabe, starting on the edge of the aura, the riding 21" through a whole table of buildings.

There's gotta be some middle ground, but on the plus side, the goat is always in his own aura, so charge through that 50mm model and ram your horns up his rear!

I was thinking "models that start a move within" or something similar?

So it only affects movements that originate in the aura.

2 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Yeah.  Who do we think is making this game, Bethesda? 😛

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FrostHunter said:

Please, no more models with soulstone generating abilities... They are quite cancerous...

Jessie is weird... Botanist with archeological abilities... But additional scrap for McCabe is true blessing.

There is a difference between gain stunned for a free stone and this. She needs a 6 of masks or greater and 1 AP. If you aren’t playing against a marker master you also need a second AP to drop a marker or another model with a marker ability until turn two or three. I’d hardly call this “cancer”.

• Agree 1