Malifaux World Series

dannydb

13 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Is there a fresh signup every month?

Got a tournament this weekend, and might try to convince people to join for next month.

yes so the plan is to open up next months event for sign ups after one of the rounds ends for the on going one

3 weeks of holiday  themed fauxing in december coming soon to a vassal program near you 

• Thanks 2

Newer-player question:

What's the etiquette on watching other people's tourney games (or Vassal games generally?). I've dropped in on a few in my free time (the first I caught right at the beginning so I just asked if the players minded me listening in). I also had a few spectators for my first tourney game, which was fine by me.

My old gaming community basically just locked their vassal games if they didn't want company. Is that a fair read, here?

For week two, I want to confirm the following are all sabotage targets in Flank?

Also: is the train tracks a single piece of terrain, or two, broken at the metal bridge?
Related: if the side of the stairs are climbable on the metal bridge, can it be walked "under"?

Against NW corner:
the western-most third of the river
the wooden bridge
the ht-4 building in the deployment
the fence within the deployment
the western (destructible!) barrel within deployment
the northern (destructible!) barrel within deployment
the tree within the deployment
the train
the train tracks (NW segment or all?)

Against NE corner:
the train
the train tracks (1 segment or two?)
the metal bridge
the (destructible!) barrels near the metal bridge
the (destructible!) barrels north of the train
the tree within the deployment
the ht-4 building within the deployment
the fence length within the deployment

Against SW corner:
The western-most third of the river
the wooden bridge
(the ford?)
the middle segment of river
the southeast segment of river
the half-building ruin
the tree just south of the bridge
the ht-4 building just north of the bridge

Against SE corner:
(the ford?)
the south-eastern third of the river
the ht-4 building in the center of the map
the ht-4 building in the deployment
the fence in the deployment
the tree in the deployment
the train tracks (SE segment or all?)
the (destructible!) barrels SE of the metal bridge

3 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

Newer-player question:

What's the etiquette on watching other people's tourney games (or Vassal games generally?). I've dropped in on a few in my free time (the first I caught right at the beginning so I just asked if the players minded me listening in). I also had a few spectators for my first tourney game, which was fine by me.

My old gaming community basically just locked their vassal games if they didn't want company. Is that a fair read, here?

Usually, if you want "privacy", you se the vassal room as private and maybe you call your opponent directly in Discord.

If you join a game, usually you shouldn't interrupt it, even there is a rules error, unless the players ask. This is specially important when the game is part of an event/tournament.

I prefer to have my games open and I enjoy the post-game talking with my opponent and whoever was watching :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

round 3 of vassal world series is now up!!
wedge recover, research mission, runic binding, leave your mark, hidden martyrs, claim jump
7 people have a chance of winning the event, who will win out of best in russia vs best in usa
will go unbeaten again vs the uk elite
How will I do playing Azura Rotton Mindless Zombie spam (as ringer)
find out more next week!

• Like 1

well its the time of the month you have all been waiting for ITS THE FAUXVEMBER FINAL ROUND RESULTS!! congratulations to Vladimir G with ressers for winning the event! Alex T came in second with arcanists Andre D came third with neverborn In addition Wyrd have been kind enough to provide us with some prize support in the form of webstore code These are going to be raffled off after rounds 3, 6, 9. 1 ticket for taking part 1 for scoring 4 or more points per game. 1 ticket for podium 1 ticket for best in faction. Awards given out from highest to lowest, and limited to 1 per person per raffle. Tickets clear after each raffle. Raffles 1 and 2 award (1x $20, 1x $15, 2x $10, 2x $5) Raffle 3 (2x $20, 2x $15, 2x $10, 2x $5) full table below https://www.bag-o-tools.com/live/#/live/1605 just a reminder you have 1 week left to sign up for the next event, doesn't matter if you played in this one or not your still in with a chance of qualifying for masters https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/151941-malifaux-world-series-event-2-decembers-feast/