Malifaux World Series

dannydb

Coming soon to a PC Near you

Starting next month is the start of the Vassal World series, a huge event with a great team of people behind it!

From November there will be monthly events on vassal ran by TOs from around the globe for people to take part in. you can take part in any event doesn't have to be ones in your time zone. 

over the course of the 9 events a league table will be set up tracking the best 3 events people have been taking part in (so doesn't matter if you miss one you still in with a chance to win) and at the end of it all the top 16 ranking players will be invited to the World Series Championship, where over 6 weeks they battle for the title of being World Series Champions! 

Kicking off starting from november i'll be running a 3 game event over 3 weeks 

For more information including rulings and sign up sheet please see players pack below

Novembers' event.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

So will the TO's wind up contacting us via discord, or do we keep an eye out here for pairings, etc? (And who is my TO as a North American player in the central US?)

Thanks in Advance for the noob-onboarding!

so all the pairings and everything can be found here https://discord.gg/4UmH2xQ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Questions about round 1:

• I assume the silos are meant to be blocking terrain as well (aka, models can't see through them?)
  • Does the height on the forest have any mechanical impact?
  • Barrels and boxes - not destructible?
  • Hills aren't listed but I assume are just standard hills?

Silos are blocking as well

the height only has impact for dence and people seeing over them 

barrels and boxes depend on map regarding destructible, see map breakdowns 

hills are standard hills as per rulebook

we have also been asked about people not communicating with their opponents in order to guarantee draws, if your opponent doesn't communicate with you or gives you no time to get game in, please communicate this with TO and this will be discussed by committee on a case by case basis

• Thanks 1

So on the Grasslands map (pardon my corners; I put all four on with some copy/pasting magic), is there assumed to be a sight line in between the single tree in the 6:00 position south of the central lake and the remaining trees to the right? Or is that all a single unit of "terrain" for the purposes of things like "dense" sight-lines or something like Basse's trigger to move someone within the "same" piece of terrain?

Also, with the barrels to the left of the barbed-wire roll, is the entire stack considered to be height-2 blocking, or would a sight line going over one barrel but not the center one of the graphic considered to be only going over height-1 terrain? (Had this come up the other night and we called it all height-2).

Thanks in advance, and cheers!

On 10/24/2020 at 10:32 PM, Yore Huckleberry said:

So on the Grasslands map (pardon my corners; I put all four on with some copy/pasting magic), is there assumed to be a sight line in between the single tree in the 6:00 position south of the central lake and the remaining trees to the right? Or is that all a single unit of "terrain" for the purposes of things like "dense" sight-lines or something like Basse's trigger to move someone within the "same" piece of terrain?

Also, with the barrels to the left of the barbed-wire roll, is the entire stack considered to be height-2 blocking, or would a sight line going over one barrel but not the center one of the graphic considered to be only going over height-1 terrain? (Had this come up the other night and we called it all height-2).

Thanks in advance, and cheers!

Corner Deployments.png

So there is a gap between the trees so are seperate terrain bits for los/basse purposes ect 

The barrels and box's are flat on top

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dannydb said:

we have a rankings system set up already 

But this is just for the tournament, isn'it? Elo rating could be use across multiple tournament to keep track of the relative strenght of the players (this is not use to set tournament results, but it could be use for first round pairing after a couple of events).