Inspiration: alternative Bayou Schemes

I'm painting mine in a traditional goblin green, so nothimg to show here. But I would like to see a push from green to teal with warm shodows (dark red-orange). 

A classic light green could also be nice in the Comic-book style.

Last idea : albinos gremlins :-)

I did a few in yellowish brown a while back:

pic4469120.jpg

Not Malifaux but here's another example of a brown "greenskin" I did, darker this time:

pic4690044.jpg

Needless to say I think brown works really well. I quite like pale/albinos too, though never painted those myself. Very pale green might also be neat. Technically 'green' but really more of a sickly pale look. I think I'd like to try that some time.

Lots of options besides 'green' when doing gremlins.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Back in M1e there was a painting log with gremlins with human skin colour. Really disturbing, but looked great! On my phone right now, but if you look through really old painting logs on here (probably pre 2015) you'll likely find it. Lots of good old stuff on here in general (look up Mako's log for instance!)...

I do plan on getting a lot of the pigs, at least the Makin' Bacon set. A lot of the box art is just pink pigs, but if you're looking for some variety, there are quite a few domestic breeds and wild species you can draw inspiration from!

pigs-hogs-breed-icon-set-flat-design-vector-17021479.thumb.jpg.fc0c36f35cdbf8b996b0782d54a3124a.jpg

tumblr_f817e7cab133b5ac9c71050aa6541855_c7b298f5_500.jpg.fa54d53a520ae631a4723d2647787a15.jpg

hero_wild_swine_animals.thumb.jpg.35e6b878bed95496f7e8488d794c7aa8.jpg

It would be especially cool if you made some patterned pigs that complemented whatever colors you end up choosing for your gremlins well. So they both stand out on a table but look like they belong together.

• Like 2