New player thoughts

BlackCadian

Hey everyone!

With Infinity dying down prior to the launch of the new edition the bulk of my small gaming group has jumped over to Malifaux, which has gotten me quite excited to be honest. I myself have had a look at M2E some years back because I found the look pretty cool, but wasn’t too sure about the push/pull mechanics and didn’t really have time for another system anyway.

Now though it looks like I might have some hobby time on my hands, so I went and did some reading up, watching/reading batreps, browsing the store and playing around with the app.

I’m still on the fence somewhat, and, to give this post a purpose other than to say “hi”, I thought I’d jot down some things that I like and some that I’m not as fond of. Sort of like a view from the eyes of a potential customer coming from another system.

Things that – speaking as someone with no insight into how a small game company is run – could be improved upon:

1.     The shop feels clunky to me. There’s no way to check out single models, only the back of each  box is shown. And I have to click on each box to find out what’s inside, and zoom in to be even able to read the keyword. It seems unintuitive and more difficult than it needs to be.

2.     This somewhat ties into 1. It’s really hard to find good pictures of the different models painted up. While the detail level on the back of the boxes is fine and you can tell that the miniatures are great, I’d still love to see officially painted models, in professionally taken pics. 

3.     I’m far from having read every card, but some masters seem to have a really smooth and thematic mechanic and crew, and some… I don’t know, seem to have a clunky mechanic tacked on just so that they have one at all. Pandora for instance, what’s the deal with her giving stunned and taking away stunned, I watched a batrep with her and the mechanic seemed super strange and not very interesting - it made no sense to me (might be me being ignorant). 
Rasputina, Toni, Colette and Kaeris all seem very thematic on the other hand (yes I’ll probably end up an arcanist :D). Yan Lo, too! But Neverborn for instance have so many models that I really like, yet the masters, other than Asami, just don’t inspire me at all. 

4.     Complicated entry/high learning curve. I’m not sure about this, but the more I learn about Malifaux the more I get the feeling that I need to know every ability of every master and crew to have a chance. The whole “teching against x” is fine only when you actually know what the opposing master does. Also, the cards/abilities seem to be worded needlessly complicated at times. 

5.     This one is very subjective, please keep that in mind. In my opinion, some sculpts are truly amazing, and some are really bad. Not quality wise, but design-wise. And as a result of that it’s really hard – even frustrating - for me to find a crew, let alone a faction, where I like the majority of the sculpts, the gameplay AND the fluff. For example the old Lady J was amazing, and the new one… is way less cool. All the Gamins look bad, and the Ice Golem is just OK enough to be fielded because it’s such an important model in the crew. For a Kaeris crew I need her box in which I only like her and her totem (a lot!), and her golem, which I like, too, but everything else in those boxes gets a resounding meh from me. Toni is an excellent sculpt which just radiates threat and character, and in the same box you get her totem, a goofy looking tiny dude that seems more likely to fall over himself than do any good. Hopefully I can come up with a proxy. Lastly, when I read the fluff and the mechanic of Jacob Lynch I thought it sounded amazing, but then looking at the sculpts… L

Stuff that I LIKE – a lot:

1.     Balance – coming from Infinity this is big for me, and from what I hear, M3E is well balanced. Nuff said.

2.     Amazing sculpts – especially anything gothic/horror themed looks fantastic! The 10T stuff and the gremlins are also very solid. Heck, Jack Daw’s crew is super scary/disturbing, and the Jorogumo are sooooo good that I can even forgive them cramming 3 into a box (or do you actually need 3?). Mollys Nightmare version looks reaaaaaaally cool, and so do all of the riders.

3.     Cool and unique background (even though I don’t understand half of it I think). Throwing together wild west, steampunk, gothic horror, magic and crazy gremlins with hogs and making it work? Not an easy feat I’d assume!

4.     Interesting card mechanic. I haven’t seen this anywhere before, and it gives the game a really interesting flavor and twist. Also, the whole cheating cards.

5.     Chock full of creative ideas. This is probably really hard to pull off in today’s market with tons of big and small games competing for our hobby cash. And man, Wyrd definitely deserves a lot more than they currently get. I mean there are so many crazy and cool idea throughout the factions, without at the same time devolving into chaos and silliness.

If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading, and thanks for commenting if you like!

Glad to have arrived here!

BC

• Like 3

Welcome! About some of your first list:

1 and 2: If you are not used to the models, finding one in particular can be hard in the shop; a little trick is going to the Master page where there are boxes listed with only Keyword and versatile models; an example with Colette here. And for the painted models... agree, that would help a lot, but right now you'll have to use google for that.

3: There are a few keywords with clunky mechanics but most are fine (imo). Pandora for example is a powerful crew with a quite unique mechanic that works well; but I agree it's a bit hard to understand at first.

4 If you come from Infinity, this game will be easy for you to learn; don't worry. It does takes time and you are right, if you don't know what the other crew does, you are in a very big dissadvantage (unless the other player is also clueless). You'll probably start playing versus a few players and a few keyword, focus in learning how those work first. The tacticas in the forums helps to understand how some keyword are supposed to work.

• Like 2

Welcome.

I hope you find something that excites you, and that your group give it a good chance. I really like the card mechanics and the mission focus of the game.

I certainly can't help you with the online shop, I rarely use it, thanks to the way shipping and customs works. (Plus I don't knoiw what a lot of the new sculpts look like, I'm often using the older sculpts). Which leads me into the next point. A lot of models have multiple sculpts, that you could look about to find the ones you like, be it an old metal sculpt, the M2e plastic sculpt or the new M3 sculpt for those that have a new one. It won't help with everything, and some might be a little harder to track down. but there are several places that still have older stock, or ebay.

The game can be a tricky game to master, with several "levels" to it, you will probably have moments when you have to check your opponents cards to believe what they can do, and the more of the cards you read the more you realise what your opponents can do, but if you're only likely to play in a smaller group, you will probably learn what your opponents are capable almost as fast as they will. I generally say you have to learn the game, then you have to learn your crew, and finally you have to learn your opponents crew. But if you're all starting together, you're likely to be at similar stages as you go along.  Find something that you like the models for and the idea sounds cool. Buy the starter crew (and possibly 1 or 2 other boxes) and give them a try.

(I'll add that Asami is a Ten Thunders master not a neverborn master)

For 1 and 2:  I don't know why Wyrd switched to the Shopify based webstore shortly after Black Friday.  The fact that the boxes DO NOT have painted figures on them has been explained in the past as the result of customer feedback.  That's feedback probably dating back to when Wyrd had painted figures with separately purchased base inserts on the packaging.  🤷‍♀️

Back before they switched the webstore store over, they had a -few- boxes where they also had pictures of painted models.  It's not clear whether that was just a pilot program, or how quickly Wyrd wants to go through their existing line getting professional painted versions.

44 minutes ago, BlackCadian said:

4.     Complicated entry/high learning curve. I’m not sure about this, but the more I learn about Malifaux the more I get the feeling that I need to know every ability of every master and crew to have a chance. The whole “teching against x” is fine only when you actually know what the opposing master does. Also, the cards/abilities seem to be worded needlessly complicated at times. 

Malifaux is a shenanigans based skirmish game, and the complexity has to go somewhere, so it ends up on the cards.  I think the complexity level still compares to Infinity, but the difference in Infinity is that you have that big skill section, weapon section, and ammo section, so even if there are a bunch of unique skill and equipment combinations you won't notice as much.

Here's what I'd suggest:

• Stage One.  Look at the models you're interested in, and figure out how you're going to use them to accomplish the strategies and schemes.
  • Stage Two.  Over time, figure out what all of those other models are doing, and how they're stopping you from doing what you want to do.
  • Stage Three.  Over time, figure out what your models can do to stop the other player doing what they want to do.

Stage One is a perfectly good place to start the game.  Discussions of the game online get into Stage Two and Stage Three because that's mostly what it's possible to talk about online.

As a word of warning, the game is very much designed to vary a lot, and a result push you towards collecting more models than you'd normally expect for this size of a skirmish game.  The sort of "I want to make leader X, but I'm going up against faction Y with A,B, and C in the scheme pool, so I want to take these models instead of those models this game" decision.  

50 minutes ago, BlackCadian said:

3.     I’m far from having read every card, but some masters seem to have a really smooth and thematic mechanic and crew, and some… I don’t know, seem to have a clunky mechanic tacked on just so that they have one at all. Pandora for instance, what’s the deal with her giving stunned and taking away stunned, I watched a batrep with her and the mechanic seemed super strange and not very interesting - it made no sense to me (might be me being ignorant). 
Rasputina, Toni, Colette and Kaeris all seem very thematic on the other hand (yes I’ll probably end up an arcanist :D). Yan Lo, too! But Neverborn for instance have so many models that I really like, yet the masters, other than Asami, just don’t inspire me at all. 

There are a lot of different shenanigans, and some of the shenanigans are going to make more sense to you than others.  Pandora's misery shenanigans might be best described as mostly preventing the other player's models gaining conditions, with a little bit of "We have to be able to do something to them if they just stand around not trying to do what we're preventing them doing".

I imagine a Rasputina (wants to use Ice Pillars) vs. Euripides (wants to use Ice Pillars) fight would also feel really confusing to see as a new player.  Or the other situations where both players want to use the same resource (scrap markers, corpse markers, the various dropped terrain markers).  And Pandora sort of fits into that category because Misery/Opportunist is trying to punish the other player for using Conditions on their models.  (Although, again, it has to do more than that because "I'm going to punish you if you gain Conditions" would be really easy to avoid for a lot of crews by saying "Okay, I just won't use Focused or Defensive this game."  Pandora vs. Kaeris means Kaeris's crew starts losing Burning.)

Welcome!

I gotta say, there are so many things that don't make sense initially (like Pandora), the best thing you can do is buy a core box and play some practice games. It will start to make a lot more sense, and it is cheap to try a crew.

The combined boxes are awkward, but at the same time it makes it much easier to flesh out a crew. Most models play at least a potential role, so can be useful to have.

That said, I'm super budget and quite conservative with my purchases. So far I'm finding most masters you can play with core box + one other box (especially at a casual level). Few models are absolute musts, so you can usually manage.

There is also quite a bit of scope for innovation combining stuff across multiple crews. For instance Eternal Servitude in ressers gives you an awesome array of models you can throw into lots of different crews. So keep an eye out for this.

The game does have a massive learning curve, but I think it is worth it. Similar to Magic the Gathering, there is just so much depth to the game and metas.

Also I personally don't find sculpts that big a factor, but I have found sculpts I didn't initially like have grown on me over time.

One final note is that it is super hard to understand a crew by reading it. I've been playing for almost a year and still find a massive difference between reading a crew and seeing it on the table. There are so many unintuitive synergies built in. So if you love the look of Neverborn, it may be worth trying them out. Or come over to the Neverborn forum and ask about playstyles.

Anyway, welcome! Given your post, I suspect you're going to get hooked super hard when you start playing. My suggestion is to start small, then assess whether you want to try a different playstyle or stick with the crew/faction.

19 hours ago, Ogid said:

Welcome! About some of your first list:

1 and 2: If you are not used to the models, finding one in particular can be hard in the shop; a little trick is going to the Master page where there are boxes listed with only Keyword and versatile models; an example with Colette here. And for the painted models... agree, that would help a lot, but right now you'll have to use google for that.

3: There are a few keywords with clunky mechanics but most are fine (imo). Pandora for example is a powerful crew with a quite unique mechanic that works well; but I agree it's a bit hard to understand at first.

4 If you come from Infinity, this game will be easy for you to learn; don't worry. It does takes time and you are right, if you don't know what the other crew does, you are in a very big dissadvantage (unless the other player is also clueless). You'll probably start playing versus a few players and a few keyword, focus in learning how those work first. The tacticas in the forums helps to understand how some keyword are supposed to work.

Thank you Ogid!

1.     & 2. That is a good trick indeed, thanks a lot! I had actually come across that page view once but hadn’t been able to find it again, cheers! And regarding the pics now that I think about it I think I read somewhere that they’re already working on that, so hopefully the world will get to see glorious painted Malifaux models in the shop soon!

3.     Yeah, that might be it. I had just read her and her crews card because I found her interesting look-wise, and then watched the batrep, and her mechanics sadly just weren’t my thing (she did win though :D)

4.     That’s encouraging to hear! I do remember Infinity taking a bit of time but it still felt much easier because it’s using the same way of presenting troop profiles and gear as 40K, where I originally come from. The tactica articles in the forum are super helpful, although I must admit that I definitely have to re-read them at least once since at first I didn’t understand anything not knowing the rules of the game.

19 hours ago, Adran said:

Welcome.

I hope you find something that excites you, and that your group give it a good chance. I really like the card mechanics and the mission focus of the game.

I certainly can't help you with the online shop, I rarely use it, thanks to the way shipping and customs works. (Plus I don't knoiw what a lot of the new sculpts look like, I'm often using the older sculpts). Which leads me into the next point. A lot of models have multiple sculpts, that you could look about to find the ones you like, be it an old metal sculpt, the M2e plastic sculpt or the new M3 sculpt for those that have a new one. It won't help with everything, and some might be a little harder to track down. but there are several places that still have older stock, or ebay.

The game can be a tricky game to master, with several "levels" to it, you will probably have moments when you have to check your opponents cards to believe what they can do, and the more of the cards you read the more you realise what your opponents can do, but if you're only likely to play in a smaller group, you will probably learn what your opponents are capable almost as fast as they will. I generally say you have to learn the game, then you have to learn your crew, and finally you have to learn your opponents crew. But if you're all starting together, you're likely to be at similar stages as you go along.  Find something that you like the models for and the idea sounds cool. Buy the starter crew (and possibly 1 or 2 other boxes) and give them a try.

(I'll add that Asami is a Ten Thunders master not a neverborn master)

Thank you Adran!

I have definitely found plenty that excites me here, now it’s just a matter of making up my mind. I’ve actually made an Excel sheet to help me decide haha!

The online shop for me is just a reference of what’s out there and what comes in which box and what the models look like. I’d be nice if everything was in one place, easy to find/look at. But yeah, once I know my way around a little this won’t be such a big deal anymore.

I’ve just noticed a few day ago that for some models there are multiple sculpts and limited editions (a friend send me a pic of the Colette Dark Carnival Crew). Since then I’ve found the awesome alternative Hungering Darkness and the super dynamic alt Nekima, among others. So yeah, that’s definitely a helpful advice!

What you say about the different levels is also a good point, I’ve got to start somewhere anyway. And it probably helps not jumping randomly into everything at once. Luckily the core guys that I’ll likely play with aren’t super experienced yet either, so we can all learn together which is nice. There’s also another group in my town that’s more experienced which is also nice to get someone more experienced in if we encounter difficulties or have questions. We kind of mix together anyway, it’s really just 2 different locations we’re at.

Isn’t Asami also in Neverborn though? She’s the one with the Oni right? Might have mixed her up though 😕

18 hours ago, solkan said:

For 1 and 2:  I don't know why Wyrd switched to the Shopify based webstore shortly after Black Friday.  The fact that the boxes DO NOT have painted figures on them has been explained in the past as the result of customer feedback.  That's feedback probably dating back to when Wyrd had painted figures with separately purchased base inserts on the packaging.  🤷‍♀️

Back before they switched the webstore store over, they had a -few- boxes where they also had pictures of painted models.  It's not clear whether that was just a pilot program, or how quickly Wyrd wants to go through their existing line getting professional painted versions.

Malifaux is a shenanigans based skirmish game, and the complexity has to go somewhere, so it ends up on the cards.  I think the complexity level still compares to Infinity, but the difference in Infinity is that you have that big skill section, weapon section, and ammo section, so even if there are a bunch of unique skill and equipment combinations you won't notice as much.

Here's what I'd suggest:

• Stage One.  Look at the models you're interested in, and figure out how you're going to use them to accomplish the strategies and schemes.
  • Stage Two.  Over time, figure out what all of those other models are doing, and how they're stopping you from doing what you want to do.
  • Stage Three.  Over time, figure out what your models can do to stop the other player doing what they want to do.

Stage One is a perfectly good place to start the game.  Discussions of the game online get into Stage Two and Stage Three because that's mostly what it's possible to talk about online.

As a word of warning, the game is very much designed to vary a lot, and a result push you towards collecting more models than you'd normally expect for this size of a skirmish game.  The sort of "I want to make leader X, but I'm going up against faction Y with A,B, and C in the scheme pool, so I want to take these models instead of those models this game" decision.  

There are a lot of different shenanigans, and some of the shenanigans are going to make more sense to you than others.  Pandora's misery shenanigans might be best described as mostly preventing the other player's models gaining conditions, with a little bit of "We have to be able to do something to them if they just stand around not trying to do what we're preventing them doing".

I imagine a Rasputina (wants to use Ice Pillars) vs. Euripides (wants to use Ice Pillars) fight would also feel really confusing to see as a new player.  Or the other situations where both players want to use the same resource (scrap markers, corpse markers, the various dropped terrain markers).  And Pandora sort of fits into that category because Misery/Opportunist is trying to punish the other player for using Conditions on their models.  (Although, again, it has to do more than that because "I'm going to punish you if you gain Conditions" would be really easy to avoid for a lot of crews by saying "Okay, I just won't use Focused or Defensive this game."  Pandora vs. Kaeris means Kaeris's crew starts losing Burning.)

Hi Solkan, thanks for your comprehensive and helpful reply!

1 & 2 Interesting to hear that they had a different shop system before, maybe this one is easier to manage on their side. I hadn’t realized though that they had painted figures on their boxes in the past – I’ll have a look around the forum to look for the explanation you mentioned.

3 Thanks for explaining that, that’s what it feels like, yes. Rasputina vs Euripides would be pretty hilarious indeed I imagine! And your comment on Kaeris vs. Pandora is a good point! Better not bring her vs. Neverborn then if you know your opponent has a Pandora crew?

4 Yes, you’re totally right! Your comparison with Infinity and where the complexity goes makes a lot of sense for me, I hadn’t noticed that before. For me it makes the system look more streamlined, but really it’s just a matter of what you have to learn. In Infinity apart from the skills and weapons it’s also the super complex rule-book, whereas the Malifaux basic rules are quickly understood and also volume-wise pretty easy to digest. Interesting!

But your suggestion is just super helpful and makes a ton of sense. In fact I already started creating another Excel sheet just for comparing the Strats and Schemes and then lining up who does what in which crew^^ That alone helps me a lot, thank you!

In regards to the collection size, I guess that’s fine, as long as I won’t have to buy “everything” at once because, say, whichever master I decide to go for first will be at a severe disadvantage against certain other crews.

17 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Welcome!

I gotta say, there are so many things that don't make sense initially (like Pandora), the best thing you can do is buy a core box and play some practice games. It will start to make a lot more sense, and it is cheap to try a crew.

The combined boxes are awkward, but at the same time it makes it much easier to flesh out a crew. Most models play at least a potential role, so can be useful to have.

That said, I'm super budget and quite conservative with my purchases. So far I'm finding most masters you can play with core box + one other box (especially at a casual level). Few models are absolute musts, so you can usually manage.

There is also quite a bit of scope for innovation combining stuff across multiple crews. For instance Eternal Servitude in ressers gives you an awesome array of models you can throw into lots of different crews. So keep an eye out for this.

The game does have a massive learning curve, but I think it is worth it. Similar to Magic the Gathering, there is just so much depth to the game and metas.

Also I personally don't find sculpts that big a factor, but I have found sculpts I didn't initially like have grown on me over time.

One final note is that it is super hard to understand a crew by reading it. I've been playing for almost a year and still find a massive difference between reading a crew and seeing it on the table. There are so many unintuitive synergies built in. So if you love the look of Neverborn, it may be worth trying them out. Or come over to the Neverborn forum and ask about playstyles.

Anyway, welcome! Given your post, I suspect you're going to get hooked super hard when you start playing. My suggestion is to start small, then assess whether you want to try a different playstyle or stick with the crew/faction.

Thank you maniacal cackle!

Yes, all of your replies certainly made me realize that. I just wish I had more time to play and ideally see it all on the table, but I really only get to play once or twice a month so… yeah. 

The cheapness of it all is definitely appealing. A good crew is probably about the same or less than the core of an Infinity army, but you also don’t need as much terrain from what I’ve seen. Although there IS a lot of very nice terrain out there, and I’ve so far only browsed 4Ground for a bit.

Yeah, I currently also compare what comes in which box and how useful it may be, and will most likely start with 2 boxes where I can/want to actually use all of the models. I mean, Kaeris for instance is cool and all, but if I only like her, her totem and the Golem, that’s just not a smart purchase. But there are other masters, so that’s not too much of a problem.

I’ll have a look at that Eternal Servitude, after all the Molly Nightmare crew, Yan Lo and McMourning also look pretty cool (regarding ressers)!

Poking around the Neverborn forum and asking for advice on playstyles is definitely something I’ll do, great idea! And starting small and reassessing, too.

This has been really helpful, and yes, unless N4 knocks my socks off (and everyone here switches back) I also suspect that I might get hooked pretty hard haha!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BlackCadian said:

1.     The shop feels clunky to me. There’s no way to check out single models, only the back of each  box is shown. And I have to click on each box to find out what’s inside, and zoom in to be even able to read the keyword. It seems unintuitive and more difficult than it needs to be.

I can't really comment on this one.

2.     This somewhat ties into 1. It’s really hard to find good pictures of the different models painted up. While the detail level on the back of the boxes is fine and you can tell that the miniatures are great, I’d still love to see officially painted models, in professionally taken pics. 

Google is your friend, and Angel Giraldez (who, as an Infinity player I assume you're familiar with) has been painting up a lot of the Malifaux models recently so I would imagine there will be some form of painted models gallery in the not-too-distant future.  Don't quote me on that though!

Screw Neverborn.  They are designed to make your opponent wish they'd never picked up the game and make them miserable.  Unless you're a sadist, play something else 😜

On a serious note: a lot of the mechanics don't make sense until you play with them (or against them).  Actually having to make decisions based on those abilities helps them sink in far more than just watching others use them.  Pandora's is one of the stranger ones though.

Malifaux at its core is really simple.  Each Action is basically flip a card, add the value to the Action's Stat, and compare the result to the target Number (either a fixed number or an opponents combination of flip and stat).  The complexity comes from the interactions with the models in the crews, but its not massively more complex than other games with detailed profile abilities (Infinity has a lot of Special Rules, but once you've played a few games they make sense.  Malifaux isn't really any different).  The "teching against X" thing is something to worry about once you understand the game better.  To begin with just read the Schemes and Strategies and work out how the models you want would achieve those objectives.

5.     This one is very subjective, please keep that in mind. In my opinion, some sculpts are truly amazing, and some are really bad. Not quality wise, but design-wise. And as a result of that it’s really hard – even frustrating - for me to find a crew, let alone a faction, where I like the majority of the sculpts, the gameplay AND the fluff. For example the old Lady J was amazing, and the new one… is way less cool. All the Gamins look bad, and the Ice Golem is just OK enough to be fielded because it’s such an important model in the crew. For a Kaeris crew I need her box in which I only like her and her totem (a lot!), and her golem, which I like, too, but everything else in those boxes gets a resounding meh from me. Toni is an excellent sculpt which just radiates threat and character, and in the same box you get her totem, a goofy looking tiny dude that seems more likely to fall over himself than do any good. Hopefully I can come up with a proxy. Lastly, when I read the fluff and the mechanic of Jacob Lynch I thought it sounded amazing, but then looking at the sculpts… L

That's true of every game I've ever seen.  I see people rave about Infinity and 40K sculpts all the time but personally they usually do nothing for me.

I'll agree about Lynch's core box though.  Lynch himself is great, but the Illuminated are weird and the Hungering Darkness is... not great.  Luckily there's a new Lynch box coming at some point and the new Hungering Darkness looks much better in that!  His mechanic and theme is fantastic though, you're right about that!

2 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

We've had Shopify for almost four years. It didn't 'just' change. Skinned/Themed maybe, but that's it. 

Ah, okay.  In that case I'd like to complain that the most recent skin/theme change either broke or removed the old tiered menu, and it's making it more difficult to find things in the store.  "Click the faction icons to go to the M3E models for that faction" isn't super obvious.  😕 

5 hours ago, BlackCadian said:

The cheapness of it all is definitely appealing. A good crew is probably about the same or less than the core of an Infinity army, but you also don’t need as much terrain from what I’ve seen. Although there IS a lot of very nice terrain out there, and I’ve so far only browsed 4Ground for a bit.

Glad I could help!

One quick note here though. Malifaux uses a ton of terrain (40-50% of the table should be covered in terrain).

It can be super easy to make forests as you just need a base and then throw 2-3 trees on there.

Without lots of terrain, shooting crews will be extremely powerful and some crews' abilities won't work.

It'll be fine for practice games to have not much terrain, but it will have a noticeable effect eventually.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:35 PM, theamazingmrg said:

Google is your friend, and Angel Giraldez (who, as an Infinity player I assume you're familiar with) has been painting up a lot of the Malifaux models recently so I would imagine there will be some form of painted models gallery in the not-too-distant future.  Don't quote me on that though!

Angel has actually been putting up some painted crew boxes on his Facebook recently - his Mercenary crew is making it very hard to not pick up another Viks box :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ebolazaire said:

Angel has actually been putting up some painted crew boxes on his Facebook recently - his Mercenary crew is making it very hard to not pick up another Viks box :)

Yes!!! I saw the link to Angels Twitter feed on the Wyrd Homepage this weekend, and there’s Lucius, Viks and Euripides!

https://t.co/L6mO6xo2YC

• Like 2