Last List you played

bedjy

Hi guys, I was currious to see what everybody is currently playing/testing.

Please use the following form so that we have a better idea of the choices that were made :) . You can copy/paste it and remove everything that's useless. For the chosen schemes, just put them between ( ) :

Deployment :

Standard
Corner
Flank
Wedge

Strategy : 

Turf War
Plant Explosives
Corrupt Idols
Reckoning

Schemes

Detonate Charges
Breakthrough
Harness the Leyline
Search the Ruins
Dig their Graves
Hold up Their Forces
Take Prisoner
Power Ritual
Outflank
Assassinate
Deliver a Message
Claim Jump
Vendetta

Opponent's declared leader :

My Leader & crew :

Score / MVP / Thoughts:

• Thanks 1

Deployment :

Flank

Strategy : 

Reckoning

Schemes

Detonate Charges
Harness the Leyline
Dig their Graves
Take Prisoner
Claim Jump

Opponent's declared leader :

Lady J

My Leader & crew :

Yan Lo
Soul Porter
Manos

Sun Quiang
Chiaki
Gokudo
Mr. Graves 

Kunoichi

Score / MVP / Thoughts:

Score is 3-1 for Lady J (we played like in a tournament)

Lady J's crew is very good at dealing with Undeads, so I was afraid to take Isamu, but then my crew lacked damage with Chiaki and Sun Quiang... My opponent was a bit afraid of the gokudo + Manos upgrade "combo", so that he just succeeded at killing it turn one. My crew got wrecked without much chances.

Kunoichi was to guarantee that precious 4:mask

Corrupt Idols/Flank:  Take Prisioner, Dig Their Graves, Outflank, Assassinate, Vendetta

SS: 7
  Asami Tanaka
  Amanjaku
  Ama No Zako
  Dawn Serpent
  Shadow Emissary
  Katashiro
    Masked Agent
  Katashiro
    Masked Agent

Dashel, including Dispatcher, Mounted Guardsman, Rifleman, Proxy, Pale Rider, 2 Wardens, maybe another Rifleman....?

I instantly took the Outflank corners and she took the center, each trying to cheat the initiative to our advantage.  Made a mistake at the top of turn 3 by not cheating the initiative as my hand was all crap with a single 12 that would have mearly tied the initiative, so I let it go, blew a 3-1 lead and ended in a 5-5 tie.

Deployment :

Wedge

Strategy : 

Turf War

Schemes

Harness the Leyline
Search the Ruins
Outflank
Assassinate
Claim Jump

Opponent's declared leader : Yan Lo

My Leader & crew :

McCabe

Luna

Sidir

Desper

Samurai

Huckster

Huckster

Ruffian

Tanuki

Score / MVP / Thoughts:

6-5 for me (we played not full 4 rounds, with 5 rounds it would be 8-6).

MVP - Samurai - killed Izamu twice, and would rather kill him third time.

Thanks to the False Claim with Mask trigger and Luna i' ve always had enought scrap to attach artifacts (need to learn how to juggle them better, but they are freaking great), also it allowed me to draw a lot of cards. Not so sure what would be better - two Huckslers or two Ruffians. Fast Samurai at the center of the table backuped btyTanuki from first turn and McCabe in vicinity gave me great board control.

definitelyDeployment :

Standard

Strategy : 

Reckoning

Schemes

Breakthrough
Harness the Leyline
Hold up Their Forces
Take Prisoner
Deliver a Message

Opponent's declared leader : Mah Tucket

My Leader & crew :

Youko

Chiyo

Hinamatsu

Bill Almgren

Kabuki Warrior

Charm Warder

Kunoichi

Tanuki

Score / MVP / Thoughts:

6-2 after 5 rounds for Gremlins

Big Brain Brin is a... broken piece of grass (and he was definetly the MVP). I would love to use Sun Quiang instead of Tanuki (but i don't own him), he would be much better healer than Tanuki, Qi an Gong doesn't need so many focus. Also i've lost Charm Warder at the start of the second turn (3 roosters), cover from Bill doesn't help so much in mass shooting so i didn't have discard ability almost from the start of the game (Sun Qiuang also would help here). Two Trained Ninja - probably for Kabuki and Charm are must. If enemy doesn't have any way to ignore armor Hinamatsu is totally beast. Bill is weird model, still i would see the stoic nod as zero action - after the game i definitely prefer to split his cost between upgrading Tanuki to sun Quiang and giving defensive upgrades to soft minions.

Deployment :

Flank

Strategy : 

Plant Explosives

Schemes

Dig their Graves
Outflank
Deliver a Message
Claim Jump
Vendetta

Opponent's declared leader : Kaeris

My Leader & crew :

Lynch with Trained Ninja

Huggy

Gwyneth

Kitty

Tannen with Trained Ninja

Beckoner

Beckoner

Tanuki

Score / MVP / Thoughts:

5-5 after 5 rounds. It was very possible for me to win this with 7 points

Huggy or Gwyneth or Kitty

Rig the deck rocks! Also Gwyneth's Hit the jackpot rocks too!

I would love to see who would be better as a crew's supporter - Tanuki or Sun Quiang, Tanuki cleared a lot of burning, but Sun Quiang has Quick Cure, so it would be possible to clear a lot of burning too, also he is better healer and he has much more survivability (Tanuki died in third turn). Also he would help with schemes with his abilities and zero action. But i don't own him and we could proxy only non existing models. Triple aura - Lynch, Gwyneth/Beckoner/Tannen is true nightmare for opponent. But shockwave mechanic is true horror for Honeypot - Damn you Fire golem.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a teat run of mccabe last night

Vs perdita

Plant explosives

Search the ruin

Vendetta

Breakthrough 

Outflank

Claim jump.

So to try his crew I ran

McCabe

- silent peotector

Luna

Saidir Archibald

- trained ninja

Desper laroux

- train ninja

Dawn Serpant

Ruffian

Huckster

Tanuki

And 2 as

I figured I'd push the limits and see how the models ran

I chose search the ruin and break through. 

McCabe was a beast such an annoyance. Turn 2 he charged through fransico, perdita and the brutal effigy dealing damage then attacked the brutal effigy dealing small damage to all 3 models and killing the effigy. He then proceeded to tank perdita and Francisco till turn 4 when he killed Frank and then lost his horse.

All the while this was going on a huckster moved to a corner and started setting up scheme markers and desper set uk the other corner while under the protection sadir with his monstrous gun.

The dawn serpant died turn 3 but not before he burned through my opponents hand to avoid putting 4 models on fire. The dawn serpant killed nino and caused havoc while my other models started finish the mop up. By end of game I'd lost Dawn serpent, ruffian the horse while.l all my opponent had left was Santiago and perdita, final score 7 points to 2 to mccabe

I'm going to post three, because the last time I played was a tournament.

Misaki

Shang

Ototo

Yamaziko

2x Torakage

Thunder Archer

Ten Thunders Brother - Trained Ninja

Corrupted Idols

Vendetta

Breakthrough*

Assassinate*

Power Ritual

Take Prisoner

- I was up against Hoffman, and struggled because 1) first time against Hoffman, any edition, and 2) I don't really have a lot of counters to armor. I did get rid of his mechanical attendant, but I didn't take care of it early enough and just didn't have time (real time) to recover.

-

Youko

Chiyo

Hinamiatsu

Bill 

3x Bunraku

Ten Thunders Brother - Trained Ninja

-

Plant Explosives

Hold Up Their Forces

Search the Ruins*

Dig Their Graves

Power Ritual*

Harness the Ley Line

- I was up against Seamus, and his Terrifying, so my bunraku were at a disadvantage. This was a very close game, but I didn't get my explosives out, and ran out of time, again.

-

Mei Feng

Forgeling

Kang

Metal Golem

3x Rail Worker

2x Metal Gamin

Turf War

Detonate Charges

Deliver a Message

Outflank*

Search the Ruins

Assassinate*

- I was up against a Dreamer crew. Didn't really know how to handle Dreamer, in the slightest, and got crushed. The player got first, so I'm not salty. I did get a Pneumatic Toss off against LCB, so I count that as a moral victory for the game.

I think I have a grasp on what masters are good with what pools, but I don't really know how to build against specific masters yet.

Deployment :

Corner

Strategy : 

Plant Explosives

Schemes 

Breakthrough
Search the Ruins
(Power Ritual) 
(Outflank) 
Assassinate

Opponent's declared leader :

Zipp

First Mate, Earl Burns, Merris, 2xGators, Mancha Roja, Gracie

My Leader & crew :

Asami 

Amanjaku, Ama No Zako, Yasanori, Fuhatsu, 2 xTanuki, Akaname

Score / MVP / Thoughts

7-4 to Asami

I built my crew to hold both corners, kind of obvious play but decided to go all in. The idea was Yas and Ama hold a flank each with Tanuki and schemes for support and Fuhatsu hold the centre as distraction and denial. Asami was to hang back gobbling up scheme markers with her bonus action and throw out 2 scheme runners a turn if possible, mainly Tengu for Dark Bargain on my big three who were holding the explosives markers.

After hearing Zipp declared I was surprised to see the 3 big beaters accross from me and as always had to adapt.

Yas and Ama dealt with the Bayou Gaytors on the flanks but ended up being isolated as overpriced schemerunners themselves. All the pressure came down the centre of the board which meant the high cards in my hand that were meant for summons all went on deleting his models with explosive markers on them before they could run havoc in my back lines.

Fuhatsu was the MVP, though I dumped a huge amount of hand resources and Tanuki AP into him over the course of the game. Being in the centre he had to hold up the game for me. 

Great game and very tense. 

• 1 month later...

Deployment : Flank

Strategy : 

Malifood Story Encounter 3: Christmas Carols
It is the time of year when Holiday cheer fills everyone, and the sound of carolers, and gunfire fill the air. Keep your head down, and don’t eat all of the cookies.
Players alternate placing 4 buildings (at least 4”x4”, Ht 2 or taller, Blocking, Impassable is recommended) on the centerline (no closer than 2” to another terrain piece or board edge). Models may perform a (1) Sing a Carol Interact Action when in base contact with any of those buildings and not engaged by an enemy model; Make a TN 10+turn number Wp Duel and consult the chart below.

• Fail: Out of Tune. No Sugar Cookie Marker gained.
  • Succeed by 0-6: Pleasant Enough. Gain 1 Sugar Cookie Marker (to a maximum of 3).
  • Succeed by 7+: Captured the Christmas Spirit. Gain 2 Sugar Cookie Markers (to a maximum of 5).

Additionally:

• If the Black Joker is flipped: Horrible! Model suffers 2 damage. Negative flip for your crew when taking a (1) Sing a Carol action at this building until you receive a Sugar Cookie Marker at this building.
  • If the Red Joker is flipped: Voice of an Angel! Gain 2 Sugar Sugar Cookie Markers (no maximum). Positive flip for your crew when taking a (1) Sing a Carol action at this building until you fail to receive a Sugar Cookie Marker at this building.

Your crew may not (1) Sing a Carol with the same building more than once per turn.
+1 VP to any Crew with at least 5 Sugar Cookie Markers at the end of any one turn
+1 VP to any Crew with at least 10 Sugar Cookie Markers at the end of the game
+1 VP for the Crew who gained a Sugar Cookie Marker from all 4 buildings by the end of the game
+1 VP to the player with the most Sugar Cookie Markers at the end of the game

Special Rules:
A Little Taste of Home: As a Bonus Action, a model may discard up to 3 Sugar Cookie Markers to Heal that number of wounds.
Tasty Tasty Cookies!: At the end of each turn, the model in each crew with the most Sugar Cookie Markers must succeed at a TN 14 Wp duel, or eat one of their Sugar Cookies, discarding 1 Sugar Cookie Marker and, if wounded, Heal 1 wound. If there is a tie for the most Sugar Cookie Markers, select the model with the lowest Wp. If there is still a tie, the controlling player chooses which model makes the test. Both players must make this test every turn.
Sharing is Caring: If a model is killed or sacrificed while possessing a Sugar Cookie Marker, models within (2) may claim a Sugar Cookie Marker before the model is removed, starting with the closest model. If there is a tie in distance, it goes to the model with the greater Sz. If there is still a tie, flip for it (cheating is encouraged where cookies are involved).

Schemes : 

Harness the Leyline
Search the Ruins
(Power Ritual) 1
(Assassinate) 2
Deliver a Message

Opponent's declared leader : Parker Barrows

My Leader & crew :  9 ss

Asami with Trained Ninja
Amanjaku
Ama No Zako
Akaname
Minako Rei with Silent Protector
Yasunori
Low River Monk

Score / MVP / Thoughts: 4-3 Loss. MVP was Yasunori. He got both points on Parker for Assassinate Turns 3 and 4. Then Turn 5 he was able to get a scheme marker in place for Power Ritual. Thoughts... I threw Minako into the middle when I meant to use her on the flank. I figured her Karmic Fate upgrade would help shield her from harm, but that was not the case. Mad Dog immediately moved to engage her even though I thought I hid her well enough behind a building. Other mistake is I used the Low River Monk to heal Yasunori after his card draw and to drop a scheme marker turn 2 for Power Ritual and then move into support. My plan was to use Asami to sling shot him up the board into position to support Ama and Minako as they worked on the left side, but I put Minako too central and too soon. I also activated Asami too late most turns and didn't have the cards to summon 2 of the 4 played turns, especially the first turn. A jorogumo should've come out earlier. The one I did summon soaked up Parker's first turn and was able to get the Dead Outlaw down to 1 health before flickering out. Next time will be better though. This was my third or fourth time playing Asami this edition.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Corner, Turf War.  Dig Their Graves, Vendetta, Hold up Their Forces, Claim Jump, Power Ritual.

Asami vs Nekima

I picked Hold Up Their Forces and Claim Jump with Dawn Serpent; he picked Hold Up Their Forces and Vendetta with Angel Eyes on the Dawn Serpent.  We both slaughtered Angel Eyes and the Dawn Serpent so fast we negated both of our second Schemes before we could score a point on them.  We also killed each other so quickly that neither of us could get the more than 2 Turf Markers or get more than the first point of Hold up their forces as we only had 2 models left each at the end: Amanjaku & Emissary, Nekima & Mature Nephilim. 

3-3 tie.  made a lot of mistakes, summoned models I should have bought, didn't buy the models I should have started with.  live and learn.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Corner, Turf War.  Dig Their Graves, Vendetta, Hold up Their Forces, Claim Jump, Power Ritual.

Asami vs Nekima ...

3-3 tie.  made a lot of mistakes, summoned models I should have bought, didn't buy the models I should have started with.  live and learn.

In curious what you hired you saw as a mistake and why? I'm just getting the hang of Asami myself.

Also, apart from getting slaughtered did you think the serpent worked well for claim jump? What did you use to keep the area clear before moving him in there? 

Thx

Size: 50 - Pool: 7

Leader:
  Asami Tanaka
Totem(s):
  Amanjaku
Hires:
  Katashiro 2
    Masked Agent
  Katashiro
    Masked Agent
  Dawn Serpent
  Ama No Zako
  Shadow Emissary

Never got a chance to move Dawn into a scoring place, as he was dead turn 2; I was going to just pump burning aura in the area as burning does not trigger Black Blood, and Ama no Zaku's Difficulty Terrain aura and just make the cost of being in the center too great.  Never got to happen as I offed Angel first activation of turn 2, then he offed Dawn out of spite cause he couldn't score Vendetta now.

I should have hired a couple Yokai for the Strategy; bonus action Interact even when engaged would have been useful...or Tengu.  instead I summoned a so glad Yokai and had to be baby sat by Amanjaku to keep it alive. I got too aggressive with Asami trying clear corps markers to prevent growth, thinking my Execute trigger would save me.   It didn't. I'm still thinking like I have the movement upgrades in 2nd but I don't any more.

Let me tell you, nothing turns your game around like a Prophesies of Thunder new hand!  I went from a 6 high card to 3 severs turn 2, went from an empty hand to top decking a 7 and the suit to reshuffle both decks and drawing 4 cards.  Emissary is my boy.  Unfortunatly, positioned him wrong and he was nothing but a glorified scheme runner the rest of the game... he's the only reason I have the 2 Strategy points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

Size: 50 - Pool: 7

Leader:
  Asami Tanaka
Totem(s):
  Amanjaku
Hires:
  Katashiro 2
    Masked Agent
  Katashiro
    Masked Agent
  Dawn Serpent
  Ama No Zako
  Shadow Emissary

Never got a chance to move Dawn into a scoring place, as he was dead turn 2; I was going to just pump burning aura in the area as burning does not trigger Black Blood, and Ama no Zaku's Difficulty Terrain aura and just make the cost of being in the center too great.  Never got to happen as I offed Angel first activation of turn 2, then he offed Dawn out of spite cause he couldn't score Vendetta now.

I should have hired a couple Yokai for the Strategy; bonus action Interact even when engaged would have been useful...or Tengu.  instead I summoned a so glad Yokai and had to be baby sat by Amanjaku to keep it alive. I got too aggressive with Asami trying clear corps markers to prevent growth, thinking my Execute trigger would save me.   It didn't. I'm still thinking like I have the movement upgrades in 2nd but I don't any more.

Let me tell you, nothing turns your game around like a Prophesies of Thunder new hand!  I went from a 6 high card to 3 severs turn 2, went from an empty hand to top decking a 7 and the suit to reshuffle both decks and drawing 4 cards.  Emissary is my boy.  Unfortunatly, positioned him wrong and he was nothing but a glorified scheme runner the rest of the game... he's the only reason I have the 2 Strategy points.

Cool! Did you get the Katashiro Masked agent place double team trick to work? Or did they die to a stiff breeze first or get used for something else?

Took out a Mature Nephilim with the first activation (Blade Rush, place 2nd one attack, first one's actual attack, hit the Coordinated trigger, died)... after that Nekima dealt with them personally.  Hey, tied her up for 2 turns as the other one took all her Focus, placed away and killed Lilu with the stolen focus & Flicker & Quick Reflexes trigger to die along with Lilu but turned one of his turf markers neutral, making Nekima have to use her next turn to take the marker back. A worthwhile endeavor.

• Haha 1