"La Familia" a Ortega's Post

NAX3011

Hi Guys,

For a while now I played Parker and his Bandits and got really hooked into that high noon shooty western theme.

So I ordered Perdita, all her Keyword models, Effigy, Emissary, Rider, Guild Steward, Domador de Cadavres, Rifleman, Austringers, Pathfinder and Cornelius Basse.

Now my question is what does a common list look likem What models are autotakes, what models are situational? (looking at you Papa Loco)

What upgrades are another autotake (LLC on Perdita?)

What is a healthy SS Cache to start a game with?

Usually I use 5-6 with Parker, but he and his crew generates them very good. Perdita and her crew seems the same like Parker is, but more glasscannon.

Thank you!

Perdita ( her totem is rather useless, so leave it ),  Rodriego, Francisco, Nino, Papa Loco ( maybe ).  Thats only 22 soulstones though........ for the first three.  Maybe Grandma ( she has lost some of her glitter though ).  Family keyword actually is a bit of a struggle. 

Perdita ( I have ‘em ) has been shelved for now.  I may try her as a second master though.

• Respectfully Disagree 2

In the small amount that I have played her I have found No Prisoners is a good upgrade for her. She is pretty good at killing things, so can fairly reliably heal a little and then get the 2" push, which comes in handy for getting just out of range of models that your opponent had lined up to charge her. Being able to deal a bit more damage with the  clockwork grenade bonus action helps this as well.

I've been running pure family lists and it's been working ok. I'm currently thinking about adding alison daide for a bit of card draw, as a test.

But mainly been running

Perdita

Enslaved nephilim 

Francisco +LLC

Santiago

Nino +marksman

Monster hunter + no prisoner

Monster hunter + no prisoner

It's not super streamlined but it's a hell of a lot of fun

Last week i played my first game with M3e Perdita's crew, Plant Explosives vs Zoraida (not the best Strat or opponent for Perdita, but wanted to test her):

Perdita + LLC

Nephilim

Francisco

Santiago + No Prisoners

Niño

Papa Loco

Abuela

Monster Hunter

4 SS

The crew has lost some of its raw firepower from M2e, but the extra actions (Zoraida was replenishing our hands, so in this match i had a lot of cards) give more versatility to the list. Every turn i had a bit of headache thinking about positioning each member and the order of activations to get good use of A por el. The enemy deployed most of his crew together, so on turn 1 I almost got Papa Loco in position (through extra actions + Nephilim push + Abuela obey) to throw 2 dynamites to the group. Nephilim and Abuela were there mainly for their bonus actions. A lot of moderate 4 damage on Ortega's pistols , so if you can manage to get decent damage flips, the health lost on enemy will be remarkable. On the other hand, the crew has no special tricks to survive, so exposing them too much can be punishing. Papa Loco seems more useful in M3e than he was in M2e. Niño shots and Perdita's analyze weakness are the only reliable source of cards for the Family, so managing and timing these were part of the equation.

After this match, i think Papa Loco and the clockwork grenades from No Prisoners could be a decent counter for the Stealth from the 10T.

I feel like the rider is an autotake in the Crew as he heals, moves Perdita in Position and can give a free Charge (which gets +1 with Granny). I'm not sure about Franc though. He got a bit nerved but is still a heavy beater. Santiago and Nino are good, even without Upgrades. LLC on Perdita seems evident. I fell like I would struggle in missions/deployment that require speed, and the scheme runners tend to be squishy.

On 9/7/2019 at 8:59 PM, Michael Curran said:

( her totem is rather useless, so leave it )

The totem is free, why would you leave it? The push is good, even though it doesn't do much else.

I agree that the rider seems really good. Frank is decent, but he falls behind a lot.

• Agree 1

I only did 2 games with her in M3E, but in both games, Franc did a very good Job:

I liked this combination: The Steward adds Healing abilities and additional condition removel + even more focus to the crew. And in some situations, he can serve as a scheme runner if necessary. LLC on Perdita and Franc helps keeping them alive till the end of the game and not being moved by enemy effects (which is sometimes even more valuable, concering who you are facing). And the rest of the crew does what it can do best: kill enemys...

SS Cache: 5

Perdita with LLC

Nephilim

Francisco with LLC

Santiago

Nino

Abuela

Monster Hunter

Guild Steward