The finer points of Dashel

Cronex13

1 minute ago, Cronex13 said:

The issue with that argument is the rulebook doesn't say "whenever you lower the focus by 1, you get plus flips." 

The rulebook says you may lower focus for plus flips. Not whenever focus is lowered, you get plus flips. Important difference

“May” meaning you can choose whether to use your focused + X for that duel or save it for later.

You're right, it's come up enough among players that Wyrd should make an official statement on it. I don't mean to demean anyone or be disrespectful in our debate here, I just thought that as per the exact wording it made sense.

So you take the concentrate action and gain focus +1. Then with your second AP you decide to use the rifleman's clockwork rifle action.

You can then choose to lower your focus condition by 1 in order to extend the range by 10". If you do, then your focus is gone. Then, as per the rules shown to us by 4thstringer above, you can choose to lower your focus condition by 1 to gain your plus flips. But the ability doesn't say "whenever you lower the focus condition, you get the plus flips." 

• Like 1

The way I see the timings is

You spend the focus for +10" range during step c at the latest before declaring target.

While the focus should be spent during d.1. For modifying the duel.

This to me shows that they are spent at a seperate point for different effects meaning they cant be used for both

lots of people are confuse because in M2e snipers got the :+flip and the range because the ruled was written like this : ''when your :ranged action benefits from focus range becomes X inch''

So they are used to the focus giving range and benefiting the action. In M2e it was necessary because focus only lasted for the turn, but with the change to focus in M3e and the amount of ways to stack focus this would make snipers way more powerful with the M2e rules and this is why I think they changed it for M3e. You now need 2 focus to have long range and the :+flip

You lower focus to gain something either using the rulebook rules to gain :+flip or using the rifleman rule to gain +10''

• 1 month later...