Will one of you go and do well at a tourney with guild?

4thstringer

5 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

so some interesting tidbit of information I saw in the Neverborn forum, Disengage is an action which Crowd Control could prevent. 

Strictly speaking, the attack to try and prevent you from disengaging (well reduce the push distance) is an action that Crowd control would prevent

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Pulled down a second in a 8 man event in central MD.  Ran perdita for the first 2 before running into Levi round 3, ran a execute list and despite killing the Ashen core turn 1 and the deso at the top of 2, and sending Levi back to waif 1, he killed lucius in my deployment zone.

Honestly, no good ideas of how to handle Levi.  Would listen if anyone else has ideas.

11 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Pulled down a second in a 8 man event in central MD.  Ran perdita for the first 2 before running into Levi round 3, ran a execute list and despite killing the Ashen core turn 1 and the deso at the top of 2, and sending Levi back to waif 1, he killed lucius in my deployment zone.

Honestly, no good ideas of how to handle Levi.  Would listen if anyone else has ideas.

What was strat/schemes/lists?

18 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

How do you suppose Dashel would do? The riflemen could target the waifs and get into position to do so with the mounted guards. Leveticus isn't nearly as scary if he can't reform. Both the riflemen and executioners have execute, which is going to start to concern A&D and Leveticus after a while. They're both enforcers so obviously it's pretty hand dependent. This crew can also throw some chaff out to keep him occupied. 

I haven't played either of these crews myself, so all theoryfaux. 

1 hour ago, Trample said:

How do you suppose Dashel would do? The riflemen could target the waifs and get into position to do so with the mounted guards. Leveticus isn't nearly as scary if he can't reform. Both the riflemen and executioners have execute, which is going to start to concern A&D and Leveticus after a while. They're both enforcers so obviously it's pretty hand dependent. This crew can also throw some chaff out to keep him occupied. 

I haven't played either of these crews myself, so all theoryfaux. 

I don't really like Daschel myself.  I brought a ton of execute into that game without it really paying off.  I had a rifleman, an exorcist (execute for undead on a ram), 46 and Reid.  Even return the card draw in that crew I couldn't make it work.  I can't imagine it would get better with daschel's card hungry ways.

I've thought about hunting waifs with mounted guard tho.

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Have tried it twice, once traditional and once a trap spam.  Did not go well.

I'm a big fan of puzzles and positive thinking, and this sent me into the dojo. Here's my thought process at least, bearing in mind I have no experience with the Guild vs Levi match up (I have played vs him a ton, just with Neverborn at the time).

In my mind, I break the crew up into parts to tackle each section: Levi/Alyce, Deso/Ashes, and Marlena/Emissary.

To me Levi is a "blaster" archetype, similar to Perdita, Ophelia, Mah Tucket/Rooster Rider, cursed Parker, and the like. So I find the overarching question to be pertinent, because the answer is applicable across several important match ups: how do you handle mass focused shooting? Generally, you handle it by avoiding it. So first step starts with positioning--Levi and Alyce are Rng 12", and I am blessed to be in a beautiful faction with a lot of Rng 14-24" shooting. Every time I make my opponent walk, that is one AP that isn't shooting at me. Every time I make Levi use Essence Transfer, that is one AP that isn't shooting at me. If I can hide behind terrain, Levi is not shooting at me. Last I played him was with Nekima, not a single model of mine walked into the middle of the table, everything hung around the edge and I let Levi and Rusty have the center (obviously this is Scheme/Strat dependent). I also don't typically hunt Hollow Waifs--usually my opponents keep them back and safe, which also means that if Levi ports to them...bro is walking back into the action instead of shooting me. Second step is Acceptance: I will get shot. So Focus adds + flip to hit and damage. Obviously concealment is terrain dependent, so I like the idea of taking models that put him on a negative, just like you took Elite. The issue Elite has is that after that single negative to hit, they are fairly squishy. So I need to combine that negative to hit with a negative to damage. That is what sent me to Frontier: Kick Up the Dust creates Concealing/Severe and Favorable Terrain gives Cover. So with luck and planning, Levi is now starting on a - flip to hit (negated by concealment) and then I am +1 Def (vs Alyce) and he is still a - flip to damage from Cover. This means that typically he should be looking at a negative for damage, or weak of 2. Getting Levi down to 6 damage from 3 AP is pretty solid. Alyce has to focus just to have a hope of hitting. Once I have my "concealment pods" up, then I'd start to look at adding in Elite models, now I'm giving him a double - flip to hit, stacking concealment with Intimidating Authority, Manipulative, and Serene Countenance. Austringers are very attractive, as I can poke him, but he can't poke back. I imagine whether you go with Basse with Elite or Lucius with Frontier will depend on the scheme pool. 

Deso is a Terrifying beater, but is also Def 3. We play a gunline, plenty of Ruthless, and have Staggered on a Pale stick. Ashes is waaaaay more painful. What I usually attempted to do versus it was get it down to a couple wounds on Turn 1, pop it early Turn 2. Then either bury the Core, or wait for the Dust Storm to activate, then push/place the Core away from it, to give myself a bit more time before they regrew. 

One of the other models I consider from Frontier is the Pathfinder (shocker!). Follow My Path is always handy, but it also Kicks Up the Dust. However, the gun is Rng 14 with an Armor Piercing trigger (so I don't need the upgrade for it). Agent can copy it, stack some focus on him, then stone for the Armor Piercing. 2 Medium damage flips puts Marlena down, and you can get it done in 1 Activation if you get two shots. Stealth is obviously still great vs the gunline, and Armor Piercing is handy versus the Ashen Core, Scavengers, and Rusty Alyce as well.  

Sorry for the long post, just my initial thoughts on how to approach the match up, and how it bleeds into other problematic match ups too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1