Bandits and dropping scheme markers

psychogeek

Question

So I know I saw it somewhere but now can’t find it. When the bandit get their trigger to force markers to be dropped, the enemy model is dropping them. Normally they would then be friendly to that enemy model, but the ability says they drop an “enemy scheme marker”.

Does this mean it’s enemy to the model dropping It, thereby being friendly to me?

9 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, psychogeek said:

Can you point me to the rulebook page reference please? It’s something I want to be able to show when the issue comes up again locally 

Page 62 of the physical rulebook, third paragraph under 'Friendly, Enemy, & Control':
"Every Ability, Action, and Trigger on a model's Stat Card and Attached Upgrades treats the use of "friendly" and "enemy" from its point of view."

• Thanks 2

Ok, I'm confused as I thought it was determined the other way do to page 28: "When a model Drops a Marker it is friendly to the Crew controlling the model that Dropped it."

Control isn't changing in this case (it's not an Obey), so normally the target would drop a marker Friendly to itself as its still the model's controller that gets to drop the marker, but the Drop It rule turns it into an Enemy (so the Bandit's) marker. Otherwise with the p28 rule you wouldn't need the whole 'enemy scheme marker' bit in Drop It - it would drop a marker friendly to the target already?

Course I could be remembering wrong (maybe it was the conversation about Obeys), but I'm confused as to how those two rules interact in this case?  Which one takes precedence? 

38 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Ok, I'm confused as I thought it was determined the other way do to page 28: "When a model Drops a Marker it is friendly to the Crew controlling the model that Dropped it."

Control isn't changing in this case (it's not an Obey), so normally the target would drop a marker Friendly to itself as its still the model's controller that gets to drop the marker, but the Drop It rule turns it into an Enemy (so the Bandit's) marker. Otherwise with the p28 rule you wouldn't need the whole 'enemy scheme marker' bit in Drop It - it would drop a marker friendly to the target already?

Course I could be remembering wrong (maybe it was the conversation about Obeys), but I'm confused as to how those two rules interact in this case?  Which one takes precedence? 

There is no interaction at the moment.  At the moment, because of the target restriction“Enemy only”, the “enemy” in “The target drops an enemy Scheme Marker” is redundant.  The result of the action would be the same without it being present.

Because Drop It says “The target drops an enemy Scheme Marker in base contact with itself” (the dropping the marker), not “Drop an enemy Scheme Marker in base contact with the target” (the acting model is doing the dropping).  And it’s an action that has a target restriction of “enemy model” so it’s making an enemy model Drop a Scheme Marker, that both the effect and the Marker rules say is going to an enemy marker (relative to the acting model).

All I know is that this trigger makes sense for Guild’s Dashel because his summoning gets easier if there’s an enemy Scheme Marker around when you want one.  For Outcasts, primary use seems to be catching models when they’re still out of position for geometry related schemes, and making them go further out of their way due to 4” rule.

8 hours ago, solkan said:

For Outcasts, primary use seems to be catching models when they’re still out of position for geometry related schemes, and making them go further out of their way due to 4” rule.

That's tertiary. 

The primary use is to pick up enemy scheme markers to gain fast (Life of Crime).

The secondary use is Bandido's can shoot enemy models out of activation for dropping scheme markers (Trigger Finger).