How have YOU beaten Dreamer?

1 hour ago, Deuteros said:

a question in the Terrifying  abilitie,   if you pass the first WP duel to attack  a model with this abilitie,   Do you need repeat the WP duel for other attack?.

Its to complicated pass a lot of WP duels in a turn.

Yes, you have to pass the check for each attack you make in M3e. That's what makes terrifying to terrifying! It can be a massive drain on your hand against some crews. 

• Like 1

@Fetid Strumpet I don't know if it's overrated, it's certainly not the horrible m2e paralyze that stole your activation, but it's still quite strong in its own right. 

Are you sure you can use focused to affect a terrifying duel? 

Terrorifying is step c.2.c. Targeting

Opposed duel is step c.2.d. (p35.)

You can only use focus for opposed duels (p29.) 

I'd say you have to pass the terror check before you can use focus.

2 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

My point is you focus, pass the terror check and then use the focus to hit and in general Cause as much or more dmg with 1 hit then you would taking two swings. Not to use the focus to pass the check. Then you don’t need to make 2 terror checks to attack twice on the same model.

That's a good way to address it. You're absolutely right, terrifying isn't what it was in 2e (I didn't play in 1e) but I find any situation where I have to make two flips to succeed (one for terrifying and one for the attack) to be resource intensive. I've played against Dreamer a lot in this edition and, even with focus, it seems to require a couple of cards each round. Maybe it's just me, but I also seem to find the black joker on these checks more often than statistics would suggest it be possible! At least it doesn't paralyze me any more. 

2 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

My point is you focus, pass the terror check and then use the focus to hit and in general Cause as much or more dmg with 1 hit then you would taking two swings. Not to use the focus to pass the check. Then you don’t need to make 2 terror checks to attack twice on the same model.

This!

This is pretty much how to deal with most defensive tech in M3e. 

Vengeance, Terrifying, Incorporeal, Cover, Concealment, Manipulative, and Serene countenance all penalize multiple non-focused attacks. It’s not just a matter of  damage per action, it’s damage per card invested. The abilities mentioned above are also often found in combination, making multiple attacks even more taxing on your hand.

Unfocused attacks against models with incorporeal + terrifying (or vengeance) are hurting you more than you’re hurting your opponent.

4 hours ago, Trample said:

That's a good way to address it. You're absolutely right, terrifying isn't what it was in 2e (I didn't play in 1e) but I find any situation where I have to make two flips to succeed (one for terrifying and one for the attack) to be resource intensive. I've played against Dreamer a lot in this edition and, even with focus, it seems to require a couple of cards each round. Maybe it's just me, but I also seem to find the black joker on these checks more often than statistics would suggest it be possible! At least it doesn't paralyze me any more. 

If you draw the black joker, hold onto it. Can keep yourself from flipping it an entire game this way!

If you're playing Bayou then I think you either go Wizz-Bang or Swampfiend. In addition to killing, both crews have decent scheme running as well. Neither one is a silver bullet though.

Wizz-Bang has blast damage (Wong, Lightning Bugs, Bokor etc.) and and irreducible dmg (Swine Cursed, Lightning Bugs)

Swampfiend has Stunned which is annoying for melee crews to go up against. Gators are Ruthless and can Execute. Plenty of Obey in Zoraida and Bokors & Will-o-wisps/Adze Lure. McTavish is a decent 14" Sniper. Various ways to sprinkle conditions around.