Initial Impressions, Processing Forgotten

Molly Squidpiddge
Make no mistake, although she lacks the killing potential of Seamus or the summoning might of Kirai, Molly is the centerpiece of her crew. 

Her defense spread is excellent against casual attempts at her life, but beg for Focused attacks. Df 5, Wp 6, Wd 10 is on the distinctly average side for a Rezzer master, and she relies on giving the opponent a negative flip to attack and damage to survive. With no other survival tactics or innate healing, Molly goes down quick against enemies that can gain a lot of Focused or that have an inherent +Twist to their duels. Killing Molly is an investment, and one that usually telegraphs intent in advance, but it is usually worth it for the opponent. Play her position appropriately in light of that.

Lethe's Caress gives Molly a tremendous board presence just by existing. Anyone who attempts to walk or attack a second (or more) time in her LoS takes 2 damage with no resistance. Note that she doesn't have to see the first time the opponent performs an action, and that actions that create actions can potentially trigger it--a model that charges in and tries to attack twice still takes damage. True to Molly's personality, this is something that protects her entire crew.

The Gorgon's Influence lets her draw cards until her hand matches the opponent's when she activates. This makes activation management and hand management completely different for Molly than it is for anyone else. Other Masters tend to want to hoard cards and use them as infrequently as the situation will allow, while Molly wanta to be using cards frwquently. This plays in to the Fading mechanic most of her crew has, which provides a special effect when that model discards a card. Molly still wants to spend her cards well, but she wants to be spending them. 

Offensively, she has Disturbing Story and One More Question. Disturbing Story is more of a threat than an action Molly will be taking often. If the opponent has 3 or fewer cards in their hand, a flat 3 irreducable damage per action is a compelling gun. In some situations you will even be aiming for tjat outcome. One More Question is more of a toolbox than an attack. It grants Slow, damaging only when the enemy model is engaged, but you are using this for the triggers. You can end conditions on the target, drop scheme markers in base combat with targets, and force the enemy to remove their scheme markers

Support wise she can consume Corpse/Scrap/Scheme Markers (yours or your opponent's) to draw Cards. She can also spend an action to allow a Crooligan, Night Terror, or Rabble Riser to Reactivate

Her bonus action is used to push her crew forward and let them discard cards from Fading. It is useful, and keep in mind you choose whether to discard on a model by model basis. Largely it is helping a mobile crew be even more mobile.

By and large you are going to want to have a gameplan for which way you want to use Molly each turn. Be mindful of her positioning and very aware of which of the opponent's models are a threat to her, since she will die quickly if focused on.

1. Use her to lay waste to markers and/or support Card Draw. You will want to either use Lost Knowledge if you can get into range, or focus on the Crow trigger of One More Question! against enemy models who are engaged. An effective 3/5/6 damage flip is nothing to sneeze at, but the amount of control this gives the opponent and the probable need for soulstones is too troublesome to rely on. On the other hand, it has unlimited range.

2. Use her to place Scheme Markers. This will usually be done through her Tomes trigger. Keep in mind she can shoot her own models, whose only downside is getting Slow, to place markers next to them. This makes some Schemes trivial.

3. Use her ro reactivate models. This lets you effectively gain 2ap for every one she spends. This is arguably the best generic use of her actions.

Necrotic Machine, 4ss (free with Molly)
Necrotic Machime is a versatile model whose primary purpose is setting up Molly's "The Gorgon's Influence." Armor +2 means that the enemy will consistently take 4 AP to kill it, although it really benefits from added healing. Primarily, it heals models with its bonus action and uses Strange Behavior to make sure that the opponent has cards in their hand. Remember that if you have an opponent take a Moderate or Severe card, your extra action can be another Strange Behavior. Be careful about filling your oponent's hands with good cards they need.

Accomplice lets you immediately chain this into a Molly activation--she will replenish the card she spends anyways!

Philip and the Nanny, 8ss
So, I think Philip is designed to be an offensive disruption model that plugs some holes in Molly's defense. Near Philip, models are punished for gainimg Focused, which counters her prmary defense. Chatty is always an excellent surcharge added to Interactions. Offensively, Pram Ram is excellent if you get the Mask trigger. A 2/3/4 with an extra, seperately applied 1 damage and Poison is competitive, even before factoring the push and the fact that you might damage multiple models. One More Question isn't quite the toolbox it is on Molly, but it can threaten scheme markers and/or pass out Slow like crazy.

Unfortunately, all of that is undermined by how fragile Philip is. Df 4, Wp 6, Wd 9 won't last long in a real fight. I think he is meant to yoyo in and out before people can really focus him, but it's a longshot. His triggers are important, and they aren't baked in, making him card/stone intensive.

I don't know, I'm not sold, I'll have to put him on the table.

Rogue Necromancy, 10ss
Rogue Necromancy is the Forgotten Keyword's designated beatstick. A Stat 6 with a positive twist, 3/4/5 dmg with some excellent triggers is an impressive offense. It's mobile, Hard to Wound, Hard to Kill, complicated regeneration, and has terrifying. The only bad part of this model is its Defense 4 and the fact that it doesn't really support other models.

Unfortinately, Rogue Necromancy is competing with the Dead Rider. It can compete, but it is stiff competition. In slaughter, it may be worth taking both.

Archie, 9ss
Archie is arguably the biggest advantage of Forgotten. He is insanely mobile, hits like a truck, and is reasonably sturdy. That Df 4 and Wp 4 is his only real downside. Most Molly lists are probably going to begin with Archie.

The Forgotten Marshel, 7ss
First thing's first: you are taking The Whisperer if you take this model, so it is basically 9ss. He has a melee range Bury that targets Size as a defensive trait, but otherwise has an unremarkable offense and defense. That said, you take him because he can summon Forgotten Minions (so Crooligan, Night Terror, and Rabble Riser) with an 8+ of Crows. His biggest weakness is that he can't use Soulstones, so he can't buy his necessary suit in a pinch. He is relying on Molly's rediculess card draw to stay relevant. Now, she gas rediculess card draw, and he can go a turn or two without summoning, but it still isn't easy. That said, even unreliable summoning is still extremely strong, and in a Molly Crewe he should be seriously considered. Stay away from him on Slaughter, and use his summons aggressively in Turf War, keeping them off your controlled quarters. Half health minions are easy to destroy.

Rabble Riser, 6ss
Ah, Nicodem's olđ Punk Zombies. They are amazing beatsticks in a Molly Crewe for one simple reason: she can make them reactivate. On their own they are decidedly average. With Molly it is almost worth taking two Punk Zombies over a Rogue Necromancy or a Dead Rider for the sheer amount of killing potential they bring to the field. Remember that Challenge can be used on your own models to force them to discard wantonly. The ideal Rabble Riser gets an alpha strike on a model more expensive than itself and kills it before dying horribly--and they will die when the enemy wants them gone. 

Night Terror, 5ss
Night Terrors are defensive support models. They aren't sturdy, they don't hit hard. They are amazingly fast and they have two useful auras. The first one grants nearby models Concealment, a.k.a. protection from ranged attacks. The other one is activated as a bonus action and forces nearby models to discard a card if they want to cheat fate. I am considering putting Grave Spirit's Touch on these guys and seeing how survivable that makes them. They are fast, but Crooligans are by far the best objective runners. Their Speed helps them to redeploy in the most annoying position possible to the opponent. That said, Molly, some Rabble Risers, Archie, or a Rogue Necromancy supported by one of these guys is going to be very hard to put down.

Crooligan, 4ss
Crooligans are arguably Molly's most iconic model, and M3e has been kind to them. They are an excellent addition to her Crewe at all times, and most other models need to be balanced by "i could be taking 1 to 3 Crooligans here." They have an aweful amount of damage, with a minimum 1. They are just survivable enough to survive 2-3 AP worth of successful attacks, but no more. What makes them valuable is the fact they are cheap, the fact that they put immediate pressure on the enemy, and the fact that they can project their presence over the entire board. Placing Scheme Markers almost anywhere turn 1 forces the opponent to play the game in a more reactive fashion, where you get to direct the flow. Unless the enemy also has a bunch of cheap models, they are going to need to divide and commit far more stones to stop you.

Crooligans also have By Your Side, allowing them to immediately project their limited force almost anywhere on the board. Think of your non-minion Forgotten Models as aircraft carriers and Crooligans as the planes. Any time an opponent wants to pick off one of your key models, they have to account for three Crooligans suddenly showing up. Minimum damage 1 is pathetic, but minimum damage 1 six times on top of an angry Archie/Rogue Necromancy is deadly to anything without Incorporeal. Throw on top of that the fact that they are Rezzer's only real non-master way to drop scheme markers in melee, they can steal Soulstones (situationally more useful than damage), and they have two different ways to gobble up enemy scheme markers without taking an action, and you have an excellent toolbox model for only 4ss. The only thing they won't do well is hold locations for you.

Out of Keyword Models of Note
(Surcharge included)

Nurse, 7ss
Nurses are excellent support models in any Crew, and Molly is no exception. Healing, Condition removal, funky card draw, Focused/Shielding. They can even attack well with a 2/2/3 Poison 2 attack. Even in a Crew already heavy on the support, they are worth considering.

Sloth, 7ss
Sloth can give Molly Fast. Molly can use that Fast to reactivate a model. He can also pass out Fast to most of tge other significant models in this crew, and they will thank him for it. Healing for 3 and punishing enemy healing is a strong bonus.

Carrion Effigy, 4ss
This is largely a cheap source of healing as an action. Accomplice also allows it to force friendly Forgotten models to discard cards. Otherwise it is a cheap model with Armor 1 and Hard to Kill. The 2pt upgrade to allow it to turn into thw Carrion Emissary on turn 3, saving 4 stones, is definately worth considering, however.

Carrion Emissary, 10ss (or 6)
Did you look at the Rogue Necromancy and go, "That is good, but I want that firepower on a gun and also Mindless Zombies?" Then the Carrion Emissary is for you! It is, strickly speaking, worse at direct confrontation than the Rogue Necromancy. However, it makes almost your entire crew faster and it will summon one Mindless Zombie, along with some Blocking Terrain, every turn. That terrain is really good for granting Cover and blocking off charge lanes.

Dead Rider, 11ss
Dead Rider is the third contender for that covetted 10+ss slot. It punches almost as hard as the Rogue Necromancy, but is far more survivable. Its coounting crows mechanic lets it pull off some big gamewinning plays. Usually, however, I would rather have the Rogue Necromancy for the Forgotten synergy, particylarly with Crooligans. Dead Rider is for if you have a specific purpose for Ride With Me, usually, or you need a piece to sit on a location and not move (so Turf War or Slaughter).

Asura Roten, 8ss
I am personally fond of Asura in general. Molly keeps her flush with cards, and Asura keeps Molly flush with Mindless Zombies. Mindless Zombies supported by a nearby Night Terror are comically hard to remove, and give the enemy little reward for succeeding. Molly can also convert the Mindless Zombies intoore cards in a pinch  before or after the enemy kills them. Asura can also grant Rabble Risers a bonus action, allow Forgotten to Discard through accomplice, and heal Molly (as well as most of the rest of the Crew) through Decay. Remember that you can shoot your own models with Decay and blast damage on to the enemy. Alsp remember that Charging is once per activation, not turn, when controlling Punk Zombies. You should probably usually take her with The Whisperer. She uses lower cards than The Forgotten Marshel or Kirai, so they don't get in the way as much as one would think. 

Manos the Risen and Grave Golem, 10ss each
These get an honorable mention for Corrupted Idols, where models with Regeneration shoot up in value.

Kirai, 16ss
If you are going to dual master, this is probably where to do it. Molly supplies Kirai the cards she desperately needs, and Kirai in turn supplies Molly with the punch she desperately wants by summoming Ikiryo and other Urami. Always take her with The Whisperer upgrade.

• Thanks 4

Interesting thoughts!

I think you underestimate the damage output of crooligans, though.  I've won some games by cheating on initiative (even a 2 to lose but get hand size down), then start discarding cards to teleport crooligans while the opponent can't cheat fate. It is one of the best ways to use a hand with 2-4 moderate/severe cards. Then Molly reloads, since they didn't use their cards defending. It is not reliable, but it is an important tool in the toolbox. Also note that crooligans also have several stacks of focus usually (as often you have spare moments to focus between teleports), so getting high damage happens when the stars align.

Molly/Forgotten really has to structure their strategy every turn based on cards in hand (hand full of junk? Burn it asap and reload. Hand full of severes? Blow something up and reload, or aim for a power play late in the turn (or my favourite, save some severes for the next turn)?

P&N I'm divided on.  They are nuts in henchmen hardcore, bad in 30SS games, and suspect fill a vital role in 50SS. They are excellent in plant explosives, and my first pick after archie.

Another key use of P&N is baiting.  I often activate P&N early in the turn. If they pounce and kill them, Archie swoops in and cleans up. If not, I just got a model entrenched for next turn. And of course, having someone to spam slow so Molly doesn't have to is nice.  It is a niche model that isn't correct for many games, but a select few have seen the power of this model come out.

Sloth giving masters fast doesn't work I think (fast gives a third action, not an extra action)?

I have tried Rogue Necromancy once, and am not sure I am sold. It is just so squishy, while lacking Archie's escape button (leap).  Archie can get into dumb situations and know he can escape at low life. Once RN is low, it will die if the opponent wants.

Forgotten Marshal, his 12" shot seems at least as important as his summon. I've not taken him yet, but when I wish I did, it is usually because of the board control a 12" shot offers.

Rabble risers, spot on, they are good because constructive criticism exists. Another key thing to note with CC is it gives you more activations without giving away pass tokens.  For this reason, you can virtually guarantee getting the final activation on the first turn (and sometimes more). Rabble risers are the most impactful way to do this (ending with a huge pile of focus and 10-17" of movement).

I rarely use Molly's bonus action (maybe 20-40% of turns). It is too card hungry to be worth using a lot of the time (and you can't reload after), so I don't use it to trigger fading much (tons of other tools for that). Instead, I find it perfect for slight repositioning when it is needed.

Also worth noting that you don't necessarily get to draw any cards with gorgon's influence.  Unless you are putting pressure via disturbing story to keep hand size up, the opponent can just keep their hand as low as you do. One game, my opponent and I both cheated fate on initiative every turn to start getting our hand size down.

• Like 1

You don't want to bring a Emmisary or Rider in place of Rogue Necromancy imo. By your side specifies models that share a keyword with the Crooligans, and Rogue Necro is fast, resilient and has a near comparable damage output. I can't see myself spending 10+ stones on non Forgotten models tbh. 

54 minutes ago, stonecrowe said:

You don't want to bring a Emmisary or Rider in place of Rogue Necromancy imo. By your side specifies models that share a keyword with the Crooligans, and Rogue Necro is fast, resilient and has a near comparable damage output. I can't see myself spending 10+ stones on non Forgotten models tbh. 

On the flip side, almost every keyword model puts huge pressure on your hand to discard. You can only commit 2-3 cards a turn before it really starts to hurt sometimes.

Having a non-discard based beater might be a nice avenue to combat this, but not sure if you could pack it all in.

Molly/totem

1 crooligan

2 rabble riser

1 Archie 

1 P&N/RN

Is only 33 stones, and is already quite demanding on the hand. Might swap out a riser for a crooligan. And P&N vs RN based on matchup.

Leaves plenty of room for upgrades and a dead rider, manos, etc. That one podcast suggest effigy + dead rider or manos.

I haven't done this yet due to not owning the models, but see the appeal.

Re: Opponent keeping their hand size down. Activate Necrotic Machine, feed them 2+ cards so you draw. It isn't always the best thing to do, if they have a bunch of severes in their discard, but it is a thing. With Accomplice they can't even get an action to burn down their hand again.

General Lists
(For learning and flavor)

Forgotten Only
Molly Squidpiddge
Necrotic Machine
12 Rogue Necromancy + Whisperer
9 Archie
9 Forgotten Marshel + Whisperer
12 Crooligan x3
= 42 Soulstones, Cache 8

This feels like pretty standard Molly. Crooligan have plenty of landing platforms to do their thing. Marshel plops down Night Terrors for defense and Rabble Risers for offense. Archie and Rogue Necromancy exist to come in like a wrecking ball. 

Molly and Kirai's Steampunk Adventures
Molly Squidpiddge
Necrotic Machine
18 Kirai Ankokou + Whisperer
9 Archie
7 Nurse
= 43, Cache 7

The idea here is that Kirai summons Ikiryo and Goryo/Shikome as quickly as possible, keeping pressure on with summons. Necrotic Machine and Nurse keep Kirai topped off with health. Forgotten Marshel plops down some Night Terrors for defense and objective running. Archie is a flexible beatstick/runner and is brought for value. Whisperer x2 is about as card friendly as this kind of list can get, and it's still pretty risky.  Unless you are very lucky, Kirai will be burning stones.

Weird Fringe Idea
2 Molly Squidpiddge + Whisperer
Necrotic Machine
11 Dead Rider
9 Archie
16 Rabble Riser + Ruthless x2
= 47, Cache 3

This list is probably dumb. Turn 1 move your Rabble Risers 14" forward. Dead Rider brings Molly 5" forward. Then Molly moves forward and Re-activates both Rabble Risers, who are going to go after the opponent has completely activated. They then charge forward to do some damage before using Ruthless to back out. Try and stay away from minimum damage 3 models, or just kill them first. Next turn the enemy has at least two reactivating Rabble Risers to deal with, potentially a third if you had good card draw. Archie and Dead Rider serve as the two punch and to tie up models that can effectively counterattack Rabble Risers.

Turf War
Molly Squidpiddge
Necrotic Machine
10 Rogue Necromancy
9 Archie
12 Crooligan x3
6 Effigy of Fate + Emissary of Fate
= 46, Cache 4

Crooligans open up putting pressure on the enemy, flipping markers and placing Schemes right away. Rogue Necromancy and Archie pick off stragglers and force the enemy to bunch up. The Carrion Emissary should be coming out just when you need the added firepower.

Plant Explosives
Molly Squidpiddge
Necrotic Machine
8 Philip and the Nanny
9 Archie
12 Crooligans x3
6 Carrion Effigy + Emissary of Fate
= 44, Cache 6

Molly was practically made for this Strategy. Give your explosives to the Crooligans and Philip. Have them go and pepper the enemy's half of the field with markers.

Corrupted Idols
Molly Squidpidge
Necrotic Machine
10 Manos the Risen
9 Archie
10 Asura Roten + Whisperer
14 Night Terror + Grave Spirit's Touch x2
= 43, Cache 7

For Corrupted Idols you need self healing objective runners. Night Terrors with Grave Spirit‘s Touch (especially with reactivate) fit the bill perfectly. Archie and Manos seal the deal, while Asura applies constant pressure.

Slaughter
Molly Squidpiddge
Necrotic Machine
9 Archie
10 Asura Roten + Whisperer
18 Rabble Riser + Ruthless x2
10 Night Terror x2
= 47, Cache 3

Slaughter Molly runs on reactivating Rabble Risers. Asura Roten pumps out insignificant models that can be killed without consequence. Night Terrors add to your Crew's survivability while also supplying something in the form of objective runners. A single Night Terror with Grave Spirit's Touch may be better.

I've had quite a lot of joy with the following crew with Molly 

Molly, Necrotic Machine, Archie, sloth, rouge necro, Sebastian and 2 Crooligans (can be switched to night terrors if needed)

you have 2 beat sticks in Archie and the necro, archie who gains even more healing from sloth without the downside of slow, and the rouge necro who has seb to heal him with Perverse Metabolism/Blood Poisoning. 

Molly the dose what ever she needs between handing out focus and the like, while the crooligans scheam run.

also molly can remove any markers not just scheam, scrap and corpse,  so Ice pillers, traps, pyre markers, hungry land..... all get ate by molly

9 hours ago, thewrathchilde said:

@SoulGambit have you listened to the Third Floor Wars Podcast on Molly that was released two months ago?

https://thirdfloorwars.com/molly-malifaux-3rd-ed-master-deep-dive/

Definitely recommend this podcast!

One thing to keep in mind while listening to it is though the game is about scheming, you need a crew that can fight. This is so you can push opponents off objectives, as well as hold your own ground.

Another thing worth mentioning about our beaters is that they're all insanely squishy and can be burst down with a few models. Activating them at the right time and positioning them to make them hard to attack is critical, or you just have a 10SS piece of tissue paper.

Although personally I'm still not sold on rogue necromancy.  I think it is not mobile enough for how squishy it is, and would only consider picking it up if I already have two rabble risers.

The more I play, the more I feel like you have to use constructive twice a turn in the early turns to gain an activation advantage.

Also, the strange behaviour trick is one I have been keeping an eye out for in my games since this post was made, but I still almost never use it.

Necrotic machine is often running around doing useful things for me (scheming, anti-scheming, crooligan beacon, healing, poisoning). Sticking him near Molly is a large cost.

Not to mention giving an opponent cards in their hand. They can almost always find a use for anything that is 5+, which is what you'll be giving them if you want the bonus actions.

If I'm shy on cards, using lost knowledge has just been the most efficient engine for me (I keep a Crooligan near Molly to drop scheme markers for her to eat until the crooligan is ready to teleport).

Incidentally, the whisper upgrade is really good on Molly. Being able to plan your sequencing for constructive criticism and lost knowledge is great. Often you might get a 2, 3, 6, which after reordering let's you draw the 2 and 3 and make use of the six. It is often my second upgrade pick after GST on Archie (although Im starting to question that one, suspect it is still worthwhile).

GST on a crooligan and on Archie is my favourite combo for corrupted idols.

Just read the grave golem thread and got me thinking.

What do people think about grave golem + grave digger in a Forgotten crew (replacing Rogue Necro).

Grave golem is an insane zone control tank, which the keyword really lacks. If we send rogue necromancy or archie in to tank, they might die.

Could be very useful in turf war (zone control), plant explosives (defending base), and reckoning (doesn't award points on death).

Archie on offense and scheme running, grave golem on defense and zone control seems like a potent combo.

I have only played one game with this crew but I found the RN to be very useful. Its projectile vomit turn 2 was crucial in limiting Howard Langston to one action and that was after he was Given fast by Hoffman. Also handed out distracted and poison two on him and a few other models nearby due to it being focused(thanks to molly) on its first attack. Having a built blank stare trigger is great. It along with stalk got it up to poison six. 

I would definitely take it into the crew again.  

3 hours ago, bigbopper said:

I have only played one game with this crew but I found the RN to be very useful. Its projectile vomit turn 2 was crucial in limiting Howard Langston to one action and that was after he was Given fast by Hoffman. Also handed out distracted and poison two on him and a few other models nearby due to it being focused(thanks to molly) on its first attack. Having a built blank stare trigger is great. It along with stalk got it up to poison six. 

I would definitely take it into the crew again.  

I hadn't sufficiently considered the projectile slow, that's quite good! Would I be correct in assuming it does not do the slow on splash, and just slows a single target?

My concern with Rogue Necromancy isn't about its ability to kill things. It was about bringing utility beyond just killing things when it gets to attack. The slow definitely helps with that (particularly as P&N is not desirable lots of games - although has anyone played the buffed version?)

Will give it another crack, with emphasis on the projectile vomit. The utility there does seem pretty wicked!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I hadn't sufficiently considered the projectile slow, that's quite good! Would I be correct in assuming it does not do the slow on splash, and just slows a single target?

My concern with Rogue Necromancy isn't about its ability to kill things. It was about bringing utility beyond just killing things when it gets to attack. The slow definitely helps with that (particularly as P&N is not desirable lots of games - although has anyone played the buffed version?)

The trigger states the Target gains slow, rather than all models damaged by the attack so you are right the blasts do not do slow, only the initial target of the attack would gain slow.

Id imagine its also a good way to start off the "regeneration" of the Necromancy by getting it some poison so it can heal.

Nobody has talked about this here, but Lost Knowledge has become a key part of my game plan. First turn, I normally use the Necrotic Machine and another model (Normally Forgotten Marshall for me - I tend to have him play zone defence in my deployment zone and summon replacement crooligans/ rabble risers etc as needed) to drop a couple of scheme markers within 4" of Molly.

This removes the dependence on your opponent's hand size for refueling your fate hand and keeping the Fading engine going, as you can reliably draw 2-4 cards a turn in addition to anything you get from The Gorgon's influence. She normally stays back in a central and raised position when I play, so I combine her with the FM to generate this card advantage, then push her forward to start removing enemy markers later in the game to deny VP. 

On 7/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, SoulGambit said:

Molly Squidpiddge
Lethe's Caress gives Molly a tremendous board presence just by existing. Anyone who attempts to walk or attack a second (or more) time in her LoS takes 2 damage with no resistance. Note that she doesn't have to see the first time the opponent performs an action, and that actions that create actions can potentially trigger it--a model that charges in and tries to attack twice still takes damage. True to Molly's personality, this is something that protects her entire crew.

-Often versus good opponents, Lethe's Caress damage won't pop up much.  While a form of control, opponents can move/charge, focus/attack, attack with 2 different actions, etc.

Support wise she can consume Corpse/Scrap/Scheme Markers (yours or your opponent's) to draw Cards.

-She eats markers in general including stuff like Zipps piano marker.  Useful when you start getting penned in.

Necrotic Machine, 4ss (free with Molly)
Necrotic Machime is a versatile model whose primary purpose is setting up Molly's "The Gorgon's Influence." Armor +2 means that the enemy will consistently take 4 AP to kill it, although it really benefits from added healing. Primarily, it heals models with its bonus action and uses Strange Behavior to make sure that the opponent has cards in their hand. Remember that if you have an opponent take a Moderate or Severe card, your extra action can be another Strange Behavior. Be careful about filling your oponent's hands with good cards they need.

Accomplice lets you immediately chain this into a Molly activation--she will replenish the card she spends anyways!

-Accomplicing into Archie lets Archie make 3 healing flips, 1 from the necrotic machine heal, 1 from accomplice, and 1 from flurry.  You can surprise people with archie healing anywhere from 3-9 hp.

Archie, 9ss
Archie is arguably the biggest advantage of Forgotten. He is insanely mobile, hits like a truck, and is reasonably sturdy. That Df 4 and Wp 4 is his only real downside. Most Molly lists are probably going to begin with Archie.

-Numbskull is a double edged blade, not being able to focus Archie is a big downside and needs to be considered.

The Forgotten Marshel, 7ss
First thing's first: you are taking The Whisperer if you take this model, so it is basically 9ss. He has a melee range Bury that targets Size as a defensive trait, but otherwise has an unremarkable offense and defense. That said, you take him because he can summon Forgotten Minions (so Crooligan, Night Terror, and Rabble Riser) with an 8+ of Crows. His biggest weakness is that he can't use Soulstones, so he can't buy his necessary suit in a pinch. He is relying on Molly's rediculess card draw to stay relevant. Now, she gas rediculess card draw, and he can go a turn or two without summoning, but it still isn't easy. That said, even unreliable summoning is still extremely strong, and in a Molly Crewe he should be seriously considered. Stay away from him on Slaughter, and use his summons aggressively in Turf War, keeping them off your controlled quarters. Half health minions are easy to destroy.

-Honestly, I just haven't found him worth taking.  9ss is a large investment for a pistol and maybe a summons.  I've either played without needing summons or just brining Kirai in instead.

Crooligan, 4ss
Crooligans are arguably Molly's most iconic model, and M3e has been kind to them. They are an excellent addition to her Crewe at all times, and most other models need to be balanced by "i could be taking 1 to 3 Crooligans here." They have an aweful amount of damage, with a minimum 1. They are just survivable enough to survive 2-3 AP worth of successful attacks, but no more. What makes them valuable is the fact they are cheap, the fact that they put immediate pressure on the enemy, and the fact that they can project their presence over the entire board. Placing Scheme Markers almost anywhere turn 1 forces the opponent to play the game in a more reactive fashion, where you get to direct the flow. Unless the enemy also has a bunch of cheap models, they are going to need to divide and commit far more stones to stop you.

Crooligans also have By Your Side, allowing them to immediately project their limited force almost anywhere on the board. Think of your non-minion Forgotten Models as aircraft carriers and Crooligans as the planes. Any time an opponent wants to pick off one of your key models, they have to account for three Crooligans suddenly showing up. Minimum damage 1 is pathetic, but minimum damage 1 six times on top of an angry Archie/Rogue Necromancy is deadly to anything without Incorporeal. Throw on top of that the fact that they are Rezzer's only real non-master way to drop scheme markers in melee, they can steal Soulstones (situationally more useful than damage), and they have two different ways to gobble up enemy scheme markers without taking an action, and you have an excellent toolbox model for only 4ss. The only thing they won't do well is hold locations for you.

-Probably the best model in keyword.

Out of Keyword Models of Note
(Surcharge included)

Nurse, 7ss
Nurses are excellent support models in any Crew, and Molly is no exception. Healing, Condition removal, funky card draw, Focused/Shielding. They can even attack well with a 2/2/3 Poison 2 attack. Even in a Crew already heavy on the support, they are worth considering.

-I take them in every crew.  Hard to find a better 7SS model in faction.  Keep in mind assist is essentially free on them.

Just some of my observations over the half a dozen games I've played with Molly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1