Price increase

yool1981

3 hours ago, Rufess said:

I am not the economic person, but doesn't the inflation also take effect on the price?

In manufacturing of this scale, it usually doesn't, as while fixed costs might increase, efficiencies often counteract or surpass that. It's like how you might find a television that cost the same today as what you paid 10 years ago, but it's got a larger flatter screen, and better resolution.

However, that doesn't take into account other costs, that WILL affect pricing. Shipping is a key factor that's been steadily increasing well above the cost of inflation. Both on the freight end (China to Wyrd HQ), and on the distribution end. It's not uncommon for a publisher to eat some or all of the shipping costs for distribution.

There's also an uncertainty when it comes to other factors, like the current erratic tariffs. Wyrd have to make plans to be able to absorb those costs if they are in place long term, or increase again. Don't want this to go too political, but contrary to claims by certain politicians, tariffs are paid by the importer, not the government of the originating country.

• Agree 1

Wyrd made new rules for all the old models. Since the rules are for free, why not pay for the additional work they put in. It's not like using the old moulds will automatically generate over time new (balanced) rules for the models.

On 5/18/2019 at 1:40 AM, Nathan Caroland said:

Yup, you're right, that's all that goes into developing and running a company - we should probably just go ahead and price those at cost and put them out there. 😐

Not to mention warehouse/office, development, design, packaging, print, labor, shipping, hardware/computers - and the assumption all of which have somehow miraculously not increased over the years, much less the tariffs, trades - etc. 

This is Nathan's way of saying "Yes" to the OP's question 🙄 Rampant fanboyism aside, it's a simple question by someone asking for a simple answer. It wasn't an attack. Maybe next time explain those reasons in a respectful manner instead of being a sarcastic jerk. When people get defensive about things for no reason, it's often a sign that they can't really justify what they perceive as an attack.

• Thanks 2
  • Respectfully Disagree 2

44 minutes ago, longfanz said:

So, can you explain (just curoious). How the changelings are priced the same as Wardens for example? And why are they in a big box (they would fit inside a smaller one). The only WTF moment I have had with your product tbh.

Having had that same WTF moment myself, wasn’t the changeling sprue just a bit too wide to sit flat inside the smallest box? Though I’m glad you asked because I’m glad to hear it will be part of a larger pack now and there won’t be any more WTF packaging moments there. (I make no promises regarding changeling assembly though. ;))

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, longfanz said:

So, can you explain (just curoious). How the changelings are priced the same as Wardens for example? And why are they in a big box (they would fit inside a smaller one). The only WTF moment I have had with your product tbh.

The thing to remember about die-cast plastics, is that the material is literally the least expensive part of the production. I would seriously be shocked is ANY Wyrd model cost more than 25c for the plastic that goes into it. That includes the Emissaries.

The semi-fixed costs (mold purchase, mold engraving, sprue punching, packaging, freight, box production, card production) are all going to be the same, regardless of the physical size of the model, assuming the sprue size is approximately the same.

The variable costs (digital sculpting, sprue layout, artwork, game design), can widely differ, but it can be just as likely that a physically small model is more expensive in those areas than a larger one.

Can't explain the box size issue, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

The thing to remember about die-cast plastics, is that the material is literally the least expensive part of the production. I would seriously be shocked is ANY Wyrd model cost more than 25c for the plastic that goes into it. That includes the Emissaries.

The semi-fixed costs (mold purchase, mold engraving, sprue punching, packaging, freight, box production, card production) are all going to be the same, regardless of the physical size of the model, assuming the sprue size is approximately the same.

The variable costs (digital sculpting, sprue layout, artwork, game design), can widely differ, but it can be just as likely that a physically small model is more expensive in those areas than a larger one.

Can't explain the box size issue, though.

Well, probably 3 models can't be sold for less than $21 as you point out if digital sulpting, etc. plays such importan role pricing wise.