[M3E Edition}- SHOW US YOUR LISTS

4thstringer

20 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

2 points less, armor 2 v. armor 1 (armor 2 almost always makes htk not important) grenades and run and gun feel better to me.  But I'll give ryle a run tonight.

He's better at everything.

He's melee 6, has a built in :+flip, Better triggers, +2 Wds, Field Repairs, Ruthless, HtK and Creative Salvage

Ok you guys were right.  Ryle is gross. 

Edit: more explanation

I did draw the 13r on turn one both games.

We started a game, bottom of one, top of 2 he killed a waynudo and a charm warder. We reset at that point.

We played a second one, that one we made it to the bottom of 2.  Ryle had only killed the effigy in that one, but he had scared my opponent into staying back so much I was able to go up 3-0, and my opponent wasnt even close to dropping his first marker.  

One weird interaction we noticed on hoffs stuff is power transfer.  It being a tactical you can target yourself, so as long as you have a power token, you can push 2" and then get your own token back.  

Edited by 4thstringer
Story to tell

8 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Ok you guys were right.  Ryle is gross. 

Edit: more explanation

I did draw the 13r on turn one both games.

We started a game, bottom of one, top of 2 he killed a waynudo and a charm warder. We reset at that point.

We played a second one, that one we made it to the bottom of 2.  Ryle had only killed the effigy in that one, but he had scared my opponent into staying back so much I was able to go up 3-0, and my opponent wasnt even close to dropping his first marker.  

One weird interaction we noticed on hoffs stuff is power transfer.  It being a tactical you can target yourself, so as long as you have a power token, you can push 2" and then get your own token back.  

Apparently Hoff invented Perpetuum Mobile and moved it a step forward :P

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Irritated Walrus said:

Can you take a DMH model in Guild? 

According to the rules, not in story or tournament games, unless the to allows it.  I don't see myself taking him in a friendly game again.  My poor opponent left a little traumatized I think.  He won't face Hoffman without 2x stealth again.

• Like 1

The more I think about that list the more it makes sense.  Your opponent is down to a tough choice.  If they advance quickly, ryle will cause serious casualties.  If they don't, the speed of the hunters and the watchers will quickly get you ahead in points.   For a few to have the combination of speed and armor removal to deal with it is something few crews can muster.

Playing a pre-determined game tomorrow

Plant Explosives : Wedge Deployment

Breakthrough

Harness Ley Lines

Search Ruins

Deliver Message

Claim Jump

Goal was to use masters we have not played in 3e. I choose Basse. Seems interesting. Im sure this list isnt competitive but wanted to experience all that Frontier had to offer.... going against a Mah Tucket crew.

My List

Cornelius Basse

Bernadette Basse

2x Pathfinders

2x Austringers

1x Frontiersman

2x Clockwork Traps

Board layout had 3 areas of severe forest terrain and 4 impassible buildings. Better time then any.

Any strategy tips would be greatly appreciated 😃 First time piloting this new master.

2 hours ago, NickDub said:

Playing a pre-determined game tomorrow

Plant Explosives : Wedge Deployment

Breakthrough

Harness Ley Lines

Search Ruins

Deliver Message

Claim Jump

Goal was to use masters we have not played in 3e. I choose Basse. Seems interesting. Im sure this list isnt competitive but wanted to experience all that Frontier had to offer.... going against a Mah Tucket crew.

My List

Cornelius Basse

Bernadette Basse

2x Pathfinders

2x Austringers

1x Frontiersman

2x Clockwork Traps

Board layout had 3 areas of severe forest terrain and 4 impassible buildings. Better time then any.

Any strategy tips would be greatly appreciated 😃 First time piloting this new master.

I don't know anything about Mah, but I like your list.  How many stones does that leave you? I suspect the placement and sizes of the forests will be the most important parts for you.

3 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I don't know anything about Mah, but I like your list.  How many stones does that leave you? I suspect the placement and sizes of the forests will be the most important parts for you.

5 Stones Left. 

I am the defender so my opponent picks sides and I would only assume he would try to negate my abilities even if it meant he had a harder deployment or movement lanes. 

However. In wedge deployment and 8 models with HotR +1, I have 20" DZ in mid field. The DZ drops back closer to edges but still leaves a decent range to maybe drop some models out the gate.....

Just now, NickDub said:

5 Stones Left. 

I am the defender so my opponent picks sides and I would only assume he would try to negate my abilities even if it meant he had a harder deployment or movement lanes. 

However. In wedge deployment and 8 models with HotR +1, I have 20" DZ in mid field. The DZ drops back closer to edges but still leaves a decent range to maybe drop some models out the gate.....

You will definitely be upboard on him.  I don't know how fast Mah closes the gap. but that has to be your biggest fear.

5 hours ago, NickDub said:

My List

Cornelius Basse

Bernadette Basse

2x Pathfinders

2x Austringers

1x Frontiersman

2x Clockwork Traps

Any reason to leave Reichart at home?  IMO, any aggressive deployment (which basically screams Frontier) is going to benefit a lot from having a couple linebackers to keep the enemy honest and hold them up while you use Follow my Path to extricate non melee pieces from the fray.  Basse can do this job, but I don't think he can do it alone, and Reichart is a nice in keyword choice for the role as well.   Maybe also strap a lead lined coat on Basse, a little extra bulk cannot hurt him, and he is one of your only good melee pieces.  Traps are pretty slow and definitely too slow to effectively trouble shoot your lines, and Frontiersmen have a glass jaw.

I also don't think you will have enough tomes in hand to keep two Pathfinders reliably summoning traps.  You need at least a 5+ Tome per trap, and its you'll often want to save your face cards for important attack and defense duels rather than another trap... which can make running two Pathfinders difficult. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Reinhardt hasn't really performed for me in my games tbh.   I think part of it is since there is no real card draw in that crew, my decent cards go to Basse, and the rest have to get by with flips.

Well.  we could consider getting... cute!  

Any thoughts on an out of keyword  False Witness?   If you can get one near C. Basse, then you just go nuts with False Claim and combo with Claim the Bounty to grab cards from your discard pile.   With good timing and positioning you can spend all your good cards on Basse, then grab them back again with Claim the Bounty when you are done.  Might help a bit with Card Draw issues.  

1 hour ago, Corn said:

Well.  we could consider getting... cute!  

Any thoughts on an out of keyword  False Witness?   If you can get one near C. Basse, then you just go nuts with False Claim and combo with Claim the Bounty to grab cards from your discard pile.   With good timing and positioning you can spend all your good cards on Basse, then grab them back again with Claim the Bounty when you are done.  Might help a bit with Card Draw issues.  

I like that a lot.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:22 PM, 4thstringer said:

Reinhardt hasn't really performed for me in my games tbh.   I think part of it is since there is no real card draw in that crew, my decent cards go to Basse, and the rest have to get by with flips.

My opponent conceded near end of first round. Was able to get Basse's shotgun to kill Mah's Totem on a RJ damage flip and blasting onto Mah, Trixie and BigBrin. 2 AP later Reichart charged Mah killing her, Pathfinders finished off Trixie and was in line to finish off Brin leaving 2 Rooster RIders and 2 Soulstone Miners left. 

The pressure applied on Turn 1 is worth the advanced deployment. It was enough for my opponent to make some mistakes on deployment and on order of model activations. This board had 3 decent patches of severe terrain and a few impassible terrain but was not really utilized in turn 1. 

BTW, Bushwackers in Bayou are OP for there SS IMO.....eek.

6 hours ago, NickDub said:

My opponent conceded near end of first round. Was able to get Basse's shotgun to kill Mah's Totem on a RJ damage flip and blasting onto Mah, Trixie and BigBrin. 2 AP later Reichart charged Mah killing her, Pathfinders finished off Trixie and was in line to finish off Brin leaving 2 Rooster RIders and 2 Soulstone Miners left. 

The pressure applied on Turn 1 is worth the advanced deployment. It was enough for my opponent to make some mistakes on deployment and on order of model activations. This board had 3 decent patches of severe terrain and a few impassible terrain but was not really utilized in turn 1. 

BTW, Bushwackers in Bayou are OP for there SS IMO.....eek.

Wow, yeah, the 5 on 1, 4 on 3 models is absolutely devastating.  Real mistake by your opponent.  Impressed with the work Reichart did.

• 3 weeks later...

I played my first game of the current rules last week. My model collection from m2e were the Lady J and Sonnia crew boxes, with extras and a smattering of what are now Guard models. Due to the key word hiring mechanics now I decided Sonnia offered a better choice for my available models.

So, with this in mind my cre were:

Sonnia

Purifying Flame

Sameal Hopkins

Wichling Handler

2 x Thralls

3 x Stalkers

8 SS cache

I faced a Nellie crew with the Printing Press, Phiona, Alison, The Emissary, an Executioner, and a Field Reporter. One had an LLC (can’t remember who) and she had 4 SS left.

I thought this crew wa pretty solid. A wide number of Wicthlings to throw into combat and be able to ignore when shooting into combat with No Love for Witchlings was very handy, and they managed to hold up my opponent’s beaters so I could get burning on and start using Scorch Soul.

Also, of the two I thought the Thrall was much more frightening than the Executioner.

My biggest mistake was to think the Thralls still had the ability to hook and pull an enemy into combat. Although in my defence, had that still been in game Nellie would have been toast.

I’d run this list again, but I think I need to make a bit more room for earlier summoning for when facing a more numerous opponent. I might play with dropping a Stalker and Thrall for a Sanctioned spell caster for some more burning and an Effigy with the Emissary upgrade for later game punch.

I got a planned game coming up this week. With our meta, we plan home games where we setup a board, make our start of game flips to determine game, then build lists and then at a later date, we play (gives us a chance to learn our crews + opponents)

Game:
Turf War - Flank
Harness Ley Line
Hold Up Forces
Take Prisoner
Power Ritual
Claim Jump

My Crew:
Perdita Ortega
Enslaved Nephilim
The Jury (9)
The Judge (11)
Monster Hunter (6)
Monster Hunter (6)
Exorcist (7)
Exorcist (7)
( I announced Perdita to have some extra movement, the board has decent LOS lanes, opponent announced Tara. Never played against her in both 2e and 3e. Focused on her bury and summon abilities to try and counter. Jury seemed like a great option, and exorcists as well. I need to select schemes correctly to shoot for the win....any thoughts?)

vs.

My Opponent:
Tara Blake
Karina Ostrowski
Aionus (10)
Scion of the Void (6)
The Nothing Beast (9)
Void Wretch (4)
Void Wretch (4)
Pride (7)

Played a game last week:

Lady J w/ LLC

Judge w/ LLC

Jury

DMR

3x DM

Scales

Opponent:

Brewmaster

Wesley

Golem

2x Shinobi

Gamin

Fingers

Popcorn

Everything went as should have been expected after my errors.  (Made too many early on and it allowed Lady J to be in the middle of an old school beat down by the Golem, the Brewmaster, Popcorn, Wesley, and a Shinobi, all without any backup.  The combination of 4 models putting gremlins into pine boxes and the Jury was nice, but I put too many eggs in that basket.  Between that and me letting Lady J get pulled out of position and curb stomped cost me the game.  One of these days I'm going to remember that LLC allows me to not move if I don't want to move.)